• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lyft’s latest Bait’n’Switch Scam on Drivers

sissypower

after updating their app last week without issues, I sign on today to take advantage of a 4 consecutive ride incentive, wait over thirty minutes for a request... drop the three pax, complete the first ride, only to see a pop-up screen telling me that I am ineligible for the consecutive ride incentive ... before another one appears notifying me of a background check... F/U LYFT!!!

Null

Lyft is full of shit. I hope they go bankrupt first. Uber has always been scummy, but at least they never really tried to hide it. Lyft was all pink and rainbows until they went public and attempted to cash out the good faith they had built up. Now they're overdrawn.

Blushark

I've been here pretty much from the start. Their tactics and deceit from the start left no doubt that I was on my own when it comes down to Uber and Lyft. Who remember's lowering fares for winter rates and when spring came back the fares were lower than the year before? Or tactics of driving for pick-up spending 10 minutes and clients cancel for $0? Forcing drivers to sign before they drive almost always at lower rates? Introducing Pool rides for 8% less on fares? Get MORE requests by signing up for Uber EATS but lose money doing those? Introduce Express Pool to place drivers at unsafe pick-up locations? 180 days to right the ship for driver's but after that you don't hear anything but crickets in the night? So Null's comments are spot on....if you need a career use U/L as a timestone to get where you need to be...just remember this is a survival gig. You will be able to pay the bills as long as you work the countless hours needed. On days I have nothing better to do I will drive U/L, but I'm not committed to either one. It is nice that I have that option.

O-Side Uber

after updating their app last week without issues, I sign on today to take advantage of a 4 consecutive ride incentive, wait over thirty minutes for a request... drop the three pax, complete the first ride, only to see a pop-up screen telling me that I am ineligible for the consecutive ride incentive ... before another one appears notifying me of a background check... F/U LYFT!!!

I’ve had my share of funky things happen with Lyft ride streaks in the past. The worst one was when the app magically signed me off before the last ride I needed. Other tricks it would do was throwing me a way long pick up for the last ride, which totally defeats the $12 bonus. Also, I live near Camp Pendleton.. Lyft likes to throw me a base pick-up that I don’t have security clearance to pick up. Those I have to accept the ride and call the marine and tell them to cancel.

Lately it’s been better for me...I’ve hit all the 4 ride streaks through the week with no problems. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.