LV Driver's Group

Would you be interested in joining a LV Driver's Group

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

vegas7sam

There has been some discussion on this forum about starting a Las Vegas Driver's Group - before we move forward with this, it would be interesting to see how much interest there is from the driver population - so please answer the poll above. If there is enough interest, I will be happy to help in the effort to put such a group together - and for those of you worried about Uber or Lyft targeting you, all responses are anonymous. I am not worried about this personally.

Freebyrdie

Lol you want to fight the billioners with our 10$ an hour wages....gl.
If that's the way it is....explain San Francisco, explain Chicago, explain NYC, explain Portland and any other number of cities where drivers are forming a voice together. .?? True suckers are perma victims that don't believe anything can change. It sure won't change if you don't try. You don't seem to have any understanding about how workers groups are formed and are actually some powerful voices. Thank you for your non contribution.

Freebyrdie

Ask the Frias drivers few years back what happened when they protested...hmmm they all got fired. We stand up its simple they will deactivate us and raise the rates till new drivers sing up and lower the price again.
ok you have had your say...I respectfully request you help us to maintain this thread as a positive call to action for drivers. It will be easier for us to respond to those interested in helping if we don't have to weed through repeated negative can't be done comments by the same posters. Thank you

uberxreallysux

Where there is a demand there will always be a supplier. There is a sucker born every minute, in saying sucker I mean a new uber/Lyft driver. It's a simple argument, don't like the pay move on to a new job no one put a gun to our heads and forced us to drive around for .90 cents a mile.
Well why don't you quit. You don't have to join. We don't need you

vegas7sam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ok you have had your say...I respectfully request you help us to maintain this thread as a positive call to action for drivers. It will be easier for us to respond to those interested in helping if we don't have to weed through repeated negative can't be done comments by the same posters. Thank you
Well said - let's keep this positive about what we are trying to achieve - no need for negativity

bsliv

This is a Las Vegas Drivers Group! I'm all for organization. More organized = more power. But more than zero could still be very little. What would be the goal of the new group?

Freebyrdie

This is a Las Vegas Drivers Group! I'm all for organization. More organized = more power. But more than zero could still be very little. What would be the goal of the new group?
The same as other cities that have formed groups....a unified voice to bring our requests to uber.

uberxreallysux

Lo

ok I am not trying to fight with anyone here I just want to know so what happens to us poor drivers if we voice our opinion and fail? It suck for us to drive around in our own car for few bucks but we still do it cause we have to what happens even that few Buck is not around for me to make any more? That's all I am asking,bring up other cities what other drivers did in their city is not going to help us because this is Vegas, rules that apply in other cities do not apply here in Vegas. That is all I am asking what will happen to us drivers if we fail? We can't just can't look at it from positive point of view we have to also look at from both ways and than decide if the positive out weights the negative.
Who cares if fuber deactivate us. We did fine without fuber and will be free if fuber deactivate us. Do you want to be a slave forever

uberxreallysux

I am a man who took care of few kids and what not. But this is a tough fight and I hope we win. I am just worried that this minimum wage great uber career of mine I don't want to lose because for some of us uber driver(most of my friends that driver uber we read this stuff but they don't post) are afraid of losing our minimum wage uber job. Truth is we only do this cause no one wants to hire us because we don't speak current bi-language or we have names that scare them ( Muslims name but they don't say that to us after the interview but we know what's up).
We all have kids to support. Plenty of jobs out there that pays minimum wages. Plenty of companies that will hire immigrants. English speaking or not. This is a country of immigrants. A country of rights for minoritys and immigrants. It is immigrants whom made this country great so it doesn't matter what your beliefs and religions are. If you don't have a voice then your just a lost cause.

bsliv

Guys and gals, I think everyone who has posted here wants the best for drivers. All the points of view have some merit.

Personal attacks won't serve our needs. Maybe call an idea weak, but we have no idea of a person's character based on a couple of posts. What any one person has done is irrelevant. What we can or can't do as a group is relevant.

I'm 100% for an official organization but fairly sure it can't accomplish anything relevant. Uber is in business to maximize profits. They have a near limitless labor pool. Of course they're going to pay that labor as little as possible while still keeping a sufficient number of drivers available. That's their job and nobody should be surprised by it. Just like nobody should be surprised that Uber issues incentives when they feel there aren't enough drivers and then there are plenty of drivers. That's their model and it works very well for them, not so well for the non-incentive drivers, though.

We need a way to increase driver profits while not hurting Uber's bottom line. The question I have is: How? Limit the number of drivers? Minimum wage? Tougher driver screening? For one reason or another, I'm against all those options. I'm willing to entertain other options, though. I just don't hear them.

Drivincrazy

I think there are some meeting rooms near Lyft office in Commerce Center at Sahara and State Street. I don't know the rental fee, but it is a good central location. I have an agenda item for first meeting: Is driver pay a safety issue? I'm in.

Freebyrdie

Guys and gals, I think everyone who has posted here wants the best for drivers. All the points of view have some merit.

Personal attacks won't serve our needs. Maybe call an idea weak, but we have no idea of a person's character based on a couple of posts. What any one person has done is irrelevant. What we can or can't do as a group is relevant.

I'm 100% for an official organization but fairly sure it can't accomplish anything relevant. Uber is in business to maximize profits. They have a near limitless labor pool. Of course they're going to pay that labor as little as possible while still keeping a sufficient number of drivers available. That's their job and nobody should be surprised by it. Just like nobody should be surprised that Uber issues incentives when they feel there aren't enough drivers and then there are plenty of drivers. That's their model and it works very well for them, not so well for the non-incentive drivers, though.

We need a way to increase driver profits while not hurting Uber's bottom line. The question I have is: How? Limit the number of drivers? Minimum wage? Tougher driver screening? For one reason or another, I'm against all those options. I'm willing to entertain other options, though. I just don't hear them.
If Chicago didn't "organize" they would still be driving for 30 cents a mile. I don't know the details of NYC agreement with uber beyond drivers groups agrees to NOT unionize for x amount of time in change for xx base rates. And God....I don't recall off the top of my had but anothe city went uber off for 48 hours...hurt uber so bad they raised the rates in that city. The bottom line is this....just how far in to the gutter will we allow uber to kick us before we fight back? Without creating a unified voice...we are assured one thing.....we are doormats. Have a voice now and they will know this....don't mess with Vegas

Last edited by a moderator:

uberxreallysux

My posts are true and passionate. It may not come out clean and it might offend a few but only the strong survive. Forming a group don't necessarily means we will loose our driving privileges. It only enhance our cause. Drivers don't realize that majority wins. Strength is in the numbers. Failures comes and goes but the cause must be strong. You can't change anything without failure.

Freebyrdie

I think there are some meeting rooms near Lyft office in Commerce Center at Sahara and State Street. I don't know the rental fee, but it is a good central location. I have an agenda item for first meeting: Is driver pay a safety issue? I'm in.
People with ideas!!!!! Gotta love that!!!!!!!

I guess I'm confused why everyone says that they are driving for peanuts or $.90 cents a mile? Do you guys not have a business licence and write off $.53 cents/mile on your taxes? What's everyone's average take in per hour before expenses?