Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lux Suv requests a rarity in South Florida?

6K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  ShadyBrady 
#1 ·
I usually accept ride requests for all three platforms (xL, lux, lux suv) if I wanna make any money. Are people actually getting requests for luxury suvs?????

My neighbor who also has a lux suv does the same thing. It seems that there is an over a abundance of lux suvs and all willing to drive at the xL rate. All those escalades on South Beach are all driving for xL rates, ouch!!!!

#5 ·
Uber needs a constant supply of operators for at least these 2 reasons:

1) Ubiquity - If their goal of replacing the private car is to be achieved, they need to have 3-4 minute responses in all of their service areas all the time. That means hiring operators is an ongoing process due to both turnover and peak need. As long as there are surges, they will keep on-boarding.

2) Price Elasticity - They need to achieve pricing equilibrium. When I turn on the app and see a full screen of X operators, it means the price is still too high. When it becomes more expensive to advertise for and on-board operators, the rates will stop falling.

#9 · (Edited)
For get what people see the reason the sudden drastic drop in SUV request has to do with many factors . I'll share some and I won't hide behind a anonymous profile
1 To Many SUV
2 Not enough tourist Using it now, the class of tourist we get in the summer is not the same as during the Winter!!!
So that leaves us with Miami Locals that Use SUV guess what they do exsist but you are not getting them because they have been taken by Some of the drivers as regular clients. So those people never request. They are either cash customers now or they request when there driver has shown up.
3 They are now requiring Destination before requesting and the Price shows up and people see it's expensive and do not request SUV.
4 SUV Price is Higher Here in Miami than it is in New York. That has never made sence .
5 there are $3.00 uber pool rides for 66 of the 168 hours of the week .
I'll stop at 5 !!!

#8 ·
Uber needs a constant supply of operators for at least these 2 reasons:

1) Ubiquity - If their goal of replacing the private car is to be achieved, they need to have 3-4 minute responses in all of their service areas all the time. That means hiring operators is an ongoing process due to both turnover and peak need. As long as there are surges, they will keep on-boarding.

2) Price Elasticity - They need to achieve pricing equilibrium. When I turn on the app and see a full screen of X operators, it means the price is still too high. When it becomes more expensive to advertise for and on-board operators, the rates will stop falling.
Note that unlike any other business in the history of the world ... every time Uber signs up a new driver they get a FREE FRIGGIN' CAR to use for their business. And the FREE CAR comes with FREE GAS, FREE MAINTENANCE and a DRIVER!

#11 ·
I do uber ONLY in lux categories and its tough, yes, but I will never worm down to take X or even xl pax, no matter how bad it gets. So, for now, working a regular 9-5 until the real season gets here. Yesterday made close to $300 for 4 hours online, most of that waiting at the Pitbull concert.

#18 ·
Hey guys! Im new here!! I have almost 2 years driving for uber!! I have a corolla sport i do uber X, now i want to buy a chevy tahoe 2016 lt to do uber XL and SUV LUX, how much money you can earn doing that? Because in uber X i do around 700 weekly, thanks guys
My opinion is that you don't make any further investment into Uber. The demand for X is higher than the other platforms. The fares are higher for the other platforms but the demand is low. I have lux and have ended up doing X to not have to be out there for hours on end. I won't trade or upgrade my car in until I stop doing Uber. Lux cars have higher gas and maintenance costs.

The only investment I would do is a piece of paper to put up a tip sign. Maybe a cardboard sign like the homeless...lol

#20 ·
I do LUX only and I'm lucky if I get one ping an hour. And usually it's a short ride. I could probably make more money doing UberX. At all the good spots now there's 2-3 black SUV's just waiting.
Luckily I don't rely on Uber so I'm just doing a few hours here and there and on the way to/from work.

#21 ·
I do LUX only and I'm lucky if I get one ping an hour. And usually it's a short ride. I could probably make more money doing UberX. At all the good spots now there's 2-3 black SUV's just waiting.
Luckily I don't rely on Uber so I'm just doing a few hours here and there and on the way to/from work.
What part of town do u tend to drive? 1 ping per hour is very good....what time of the day r u driving (approximately). Thanks for sharing!

#22 ·
I work for all miami, i start in oakland park, usually there i get a ride to hollywood and here work with short rides, i work in fortlauderdale port of cruise and airport, and miami airport and port of cruises, south beach brickell and pembroke pines where i live! I work around 5 - 6 hours per day, im sure that i will make more money with my new tahoe, i work for uber and lyft, and i can do regular lyft rides with my truck

#23 ·
I do uber ONLY in lux categories and its tough, yes, but I will never worm down to take X or even xl pax, no matter how bad it gets. So, for now, working a regular 9-5 until the real season gets here. Yesterday made close to $300 for 4 hours online, most of that waiting at the Pitbull concert.
So can u tell me how u managed to mk $300 at the concert?? Did u drive then to Orlando???? Lol!
I was there too, my first Uber concert. It kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. The event started at 7, reviews said the show was 90 mins (7-9pm). I figured by 10pm things would be more than done. So I left the beach area shortly after 9pm. Waited from 9:30-11:30 . Once it was out it cleared out rather quickly. The first ping I got, the woman was so clueless, she said she would call me bk. So I cancelled, I knew she would be trouble n would prob never find her. The second was a nice long ride to South Beach but ping ended up not being at a surge price . I disputed w Uber but as u know there is no such thing as winning w them! Their explanation is that the surge was prob in another part of town.

Thxs for any tips u can provide for this type of venue. Lucky I found my client but I can see how easily it can get ugly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.