Lux is dead (even worse than before)

I live in Aventura and I noticed how packed the area was Friday so I finally decided to turn the app on since Irma. I was online for 8 hours and only got one lux ride in the amount of $11. So I went home thinking Saturday would be better. Saturday = $40 dollars and only because I've switched to X as I had to travel downtown Miami that night. Then, yesterday = $$:confused::frown: nevermind. Look at the screenshot:

Attachments

• IMG_9074.PNG
    IMG_9074.PNG
    44 KB · Views: 92

Boom611

I live in Aventura and I noticed how packed the area was Friday so I finally decided to turn the app on since Irma. I was online for 8 hours and only got one lux ride in the amount of $11. So I went home thinking Saturday would be better. Saturday = $40 dollars and only because I've switched to X as I had to travel downtown Miami that night. Then, yesterday = $$:confused::frown: nevermind. Look at the screenshot:

The typical Lux pax is either
1. Wealthy or at least comfortable with a income stream.
2. On business so its opm.(other peoples money)

Were still in summer weather, people with $$ left here because----they could!

Business trips to here were probably cancelled and with Maria out there probably same for this week!

JSM0713

Whether it's Lux, XL, X, Pool or Eats.... business sucks since the storm. Whatever rides we get are met with traffic and disruptions all over Dade. Earning are down over 50%.... besides, this is slow season anyway.

JimKE

Whether it's Lux, XL, X, Pool or Eats.... business sucks since the storm. Whatever rides we get are met with traffic and disruptions all over Dade. Earning are down over 50%.... besides, this is slow season anyway.
I think we need to keep several things in mind.

I just started in November, so this is my first summer. I remember a couple of months ago some more experienced drivers saying,"If you think it's slow now, just wait until you see what REAL slow is like in September!"

Second, as festive as hurricane aftermaths may be, they are really not Lux season. Trips now will be basic local rides -- nobody Lux-ing to Joe's and few inbound business travelers.

But, this too shall pass and things will get better. South Florida (at least OUR part of it) was not hard hit and will be back to normal in a couple of weeks.

pasha13

I've been doing LUX and X since May and was exclusively LUX since Summer 2015. I have noticed a shifting by upscale locals to X from LUX the past few months. Previously a trip from Aventura to South Beach would be LUX is now X. I am seeing 1-2 LUX calls a weekend, down from 6-8 per weekend in summer 2016 and 2015. The X runs have increased my total earnings over last summer.

I've been doing LUX and X since May and was exclusively LUX since Summer 2015. I have noticed a shifting by upscale locals to X from LUX the past few months. Previously a trip from Aventura to South Beach would be LUX is now X. I am seeing 1-2 LUX calls a weekend, down from 6-8 per weekend in summer 2016 and 2015. The X runs have increased my total earnings over last summer.

Yeah, when I started it was called Uber Select. I used to sit at home and get a pin from The Turnberry or the mall quick. Not anymore. When they made Uber "legal" I started noticing that there were more LUX drivers in Aventura than X many times. Even when I'm not working, I check the app and see drivers parked in the area for hours.

Ojuice

I'm glad I can stay home and make more money off my bookie than uber/lyft during this lull. Thanksgiving and Art Basel will kick off the season!