Lux/black/select driver throwing shade at the SLS

Geepney

Been hanging out in BH the last two days since my fiancé has had some meetings at the SLS hotel. Not a bad spot but all thE select pings I've gotten there weren't even at the hotel itself. On the plus side I figured out I can watch dvd's on the Audi MMI system when I have the long waits for select pings.

So I come back later in the afternoon to pick her up and there's no parking back there to wait for her. I check the the app and of course it's packed of black/SUV/select and one lux.

Go down the block bust a U turn and the lux driver (in a brand new black 7 series) slumming it in the lower classes is busting a U turn in front of me from his red zone parking spot. He sticks his head out the window, stares me down and yells something at me as we both drive by each other. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish since my windows were rolled up, radio was blasting

Then I remembered he was the same guy earlier in the day speeding away and down the residential block angrily for a reason I didn't know till now.

If a particular spot is full, I find another one. It's that simple. If I'm there first then I'm not gonna move first unless it's dead and I go fishing somewhere else. Dude had some misguided anger issues I guess. We all know select is overcrowded. I don't believe I'm taking his lux pax, entirely different crowd IMO.

I don't feel bad for you if you gotta come down to select to lose money because you can't hack it as a black/lux driver.

Attachments

KekeLo

Been hanging out in BH the last two days since my fiancé has had some meetings at the SLS hotel. Not a bad spot but all thE select pings I've gotten there weren't even at the hotel itself. On the plus side I figured out I can watch dvd's on the Audi MMI system when I have the long waits for select pings.

So I come back later in the afternoon to pick her up and there's no parking back there to wait for her. I check the the app and of course it's packed of black/SUV/select and one lux.

Go down the block bust a U turn and the lux driver (in a brand new black 7 series) slumming it in the lower classes is busting a U turn in front of me from his red zone parking spot. He sticks his head out the window, stares me down and yells something at me as we both drive by each other. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish since my windows were rolled up, radio was blasting

Then I remembered he was the same guy earlier in the day speeding away and down the residential block angrily for a reason I didn't know till now.

If a particular spot is full, I find another one. It's that simple. If I'm there first then I'm not gonna move first unless it's dead and I go fishing somewhere else. Dude had some misguided anger issues I guess. We all know select is overcrowded. I don't believe I'm taking his lux pax, entirely different crowd IMO.

I don't feel bad for you if you gotta come down to select to lose money because you can't hack it as a black/lux driver.

Screw him, and most of the pax that you pick up at SLS are Super Jerks.

Geepney , you're going to find your niche. You're Select and he is LUX, so he's on your turf.

Optimus Uber

He'll be gone by the end of the week when he hasn't made enough to cover the cost of his lease.
Unfortunately when the market gets slow, people want to blame everyone else for the issue. It's the result of opening the flood gates of every moron in the vicinity of LA.
Drivers, have entitlement issues just like passengers.

Tedgey

How many Cedar's Sinai medical centers are there anyway? I dropped a guy off last week up in the valley that was enormous. Dude was pretty cool. He drove a Uber in Florida. Kept trying to convince me to Lyft. He claimed in Florida Lyft does as good as Uber. Anyway we got there and no tip so you know how that goes.

Tedgey

He'll be gone by the end of the week when he hasn't made enough to cover the cost of his lease.
Unfortunately when the market gets slow, people want to blame everyone else for the issue. It's the result of opening the flood gates of every moron in the vicinity of LA.
Can you make it driving only Uber in that kind of car?

Geepney

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many Cedar's Sinai medical centers are there anyway? I dropped a guy off last week up in the valley that was enormous. Dude was pretty cool. He drove a Uber in Florida. Kept trying to convince me to Lyft. He claimed in Florida Lyft does as good as Uber. Anyway we got there and no tip so you know how that goes.
There's multiple buildings that have different specializations. I've picked up brain surgeons who decided that they didn't need their 300k Bentley to get to work anymore and I've picked up regular folks who decide to rate me down because they had to walk a short distance to my car because it was the only legal parking area. No tips from either pax.

Geepney

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I forgot to mention was that he didn't seem to have a problem with the THREE other select drivers camping in the same one block radius that just happened to probably be the same racial background he was. Not to mention I counted at least 4 suburbans on the same block.

And it's crazy to think that uber is still taking Lux cars onto the service.

Optimus Uber

I forgot to mention was that he didn't seem to have a problem with the THREE other select drivers camping in the same one block radius that just happened to probably be the same racial background he was. Not to mention I counted at least 4 suburbans on the same block.

And it's crazy to think that uber is still taking Lux cars onto the service.
You are 100% correct. They are allowed to group up on each other but if you're not part of the clique then you are the enemy.

Unfortunately for them they don't realize the ones they think are their friends don't give two shits about them and would send them up the river for 50 cents.

The taxi and livery drivers that act out like this are the reason why ride share has flourished. Because of their ignorance. They're shorted fused and are among the lowest forms of human beings.

Any of these worthless ducks every come at me and I'll crack their skulls. I've already had two that have big mouths want to talk crap
From a distance but aren't man enough to approach. they're loud and that's it.

I won't back down from ignorant piles of shit that think they own a territory. Bunch of puzzies .

Last edited:

Optimus Uber

Can you make it driving only Uber in that kind of car?
7 series on select. Hell be lucky to pay that $900 a week much less the gas to operate it. That's why he's pissed. He's pissed blaming everyone else for his own stupidity. Fell into the marketing of the limo company telling him he can make $2k on one ride.

Let's face it the limo companies need some dumbass to drive that car so they don't have to pay for it themselves. They'll tell you whatever you want to hear just to get help in paying that liability.

You can get a new 7 series with about $3k down for around $900 a month. Then use the proceeds to buy the car out before the end of the lease.

Ab85

I would be interested to see the pay stub for lux, select and suv. Like how many hours they stay online and how much they average per ride. Lux is probably 60 hours 10 rides and $1000 lol
Actually it is pretty difficult to make money with Black, SUV and lux now. Most calls for Lux cars are black now. And SUV is not doing good either at the moment. You need to work 70 hours to 80 a week or more at times to make money. Particularly, if you are driving for a company

Tedgey

Actually it is pretty difficult to make money with Black, SUV and lux now. Most calls for Lux cars are black now. And SUV is not doing good either at the moment. You need to work 70 hours to 80 a week or more at times to make money. Particularly, if you are driving for a company
Any idea what percentage of your business comes from Uber?

mandreyka

7 series on select. Hell be lucky to pay that $900 a week much less the gas to operate it. That's why he's pissed. He's pissed blaming everyone else for his own stupidity. Fell into the marketing of the limo company telling him he can make $2k on one ride.

Let's face it the limo companies need some dumbass to drive that car so they don't have to pay for it themselves. They'll tell you whatever you want to hear just to get help in paying that liability.

You can get a new 7 series with about $3k down for around $900 a month. Then use the proceeds to buy the car out before the end of the lease.
Hard to believe anyone is that dumb to have $900 plus about $200 in gas payment every week and then opt into select because pretty much nobody uses lux.
Lux probably has its times, like late night trying to impress a girl you pick up at a bar or a special night out

I wonder how many drivers that car has seen? Probably more than its pax

Tedgey

I kinda meant both those things. As in how much of your business is generated through Uber vs. word of mouth, traditional advertising, etc..

Because it seems like I can sit here with the pax app on and watch the same 5 Lux cars for hours. So I know there's lots of downtime. More than anything I'm just curious how it all works

Ab85

I kinda meant both those things. As in how much of your business is generated through Uber vs. word of mouth, traditional advertising, etc..

Because it seems like I can sit here with the pax app on and watch the same 5 Lux cars for hours. So I know there's lots of downtime. More than anything I'm just curious how it all works
Works like any uber you get a call and go pick up the customer. Most private clients call a limo company