• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Luton Airport parking area for private hire vehicles. Where is it?

Adrian_london

Can someone please tell me where I am supposed to wait for jobs? Is it in the long term car park? I can only wait there for one hour.

Am I missing something?

I received a message from Uber, but it appears to be incorrect. There is no row F.

Also, how much will it cost to wait for an Uber fare?

Adrian

Ubend R.S.

Can someone please tell me where I am supposed to wait for jobs? Is it in the long term car park? I can only wait there for one hour.

Am I missing something?

I received a message from Uber, but it appears to be incorrect. There is no row F.

Adrian
If you are licenced by tfl try London.

Fazi

Am I missing something?

Adrian
Gypsy lane car park

Am I missing something?

Adrian
2 or 3 hours gipsy lane car park
Lu13jh

Adrian_london

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surely that depends where you are in the queue. Do you not get queue prioritisation at Luton?

captain uber

Wait in your licensing area. I don't understand why people will drive all the way into Luton and sit and wait for a job taking work from Luton licensed drivers. If you want to work in Luton, get a Luton badge. Some people just have no class at all.

Adrian_london

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait in your licensing area. I don't understand why people will drive all the way into Luton and sit and wait for a job taking work from Luton licensed drivers. If you want to work in Luton, get a Luton badge. Some people just have no class at all.

There is meant to be something called a "triple licensing lock" where a job from a passenger can only be accepted if the vehicle, the driver and the booking are under the jurisdiction of the same authority - in this case TfL.
But the lock doesn't work anymore, because minicab apps like Uber means drivers can quite legitimately live and work anywhere in the UK even though they are registered under TfL. You can use the Uber app anywhere to find a car: in the past you'd ring a local number or go to a local shop.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-london-43065705

Ubend R.S.

There is meant to be something called a "triple licensing lock" where a job from a passenger can only be accepted if the vehicle, the driver and the booking are under the jurisdiction of the same authority - in this case TfL.
But the lock doesn't work anymore, because minicab apps like Uber means drivers can quite legitimately live and work anywhere in the UK even though they are registered under TfL. You can use the Uber app anywhere to find a car: in the past you'd ring a local number or go to a local shop.

You are 100% correct. Caroline pigeon and other London assembly members are applying pressure on tfl to look at this. Simultaneously councils in Essex, Sussex and lots of other counties have been asking parliament to look at this.

The irony of your name isn't lost ?

captain uber

The triple lock only applies to the driver who has the right to roam. The operator does not have a right to roam and cannot make a provision for service without an operators licence in the given area. Uber is only legal in the areas it holds an operators license. There is case law on this matter.

There is a legal precedent already set with the case above and Medway will initiate court proceedings against Uber on this basis.

Cabbie2B

Am I missing something?

Adrian
If you Googled you would get a this:

And first link would be this:
Post automatically merged:

What law am I breaking by waiting in the correct area at Luton Airport, joining the Uber queue and then eventually taking a passenger to (most likely) London?
You are breaking cross border licencing law. But Uber would never tell you this.

L4AllH4None

For all you haters out there. Luton airport is called London Luton Airport for a reason. TFL approved cars can pick up there. Keep envying black cabbies

captain uber

For all you haters out there. Luton airport is called London Luton Airport for a reason. TFL approved cars can pick up there. Keep envying black cabbies
That is correct. TFL licensed cars can pick up from Luton Airport if the job has been pre-booked. What they cannot do is hang around in Luton and wait for jobs as Uber does not hold an operators license for Luton anymore.

As with all things legal, these things take time but this will be going through the courts again with Uber. How can you argue with the case law posted above? It is no different to what Uber is doing now and the defence QC is the same one that Uber hired.

Cabbie2B

True but only if job prebooked via TfL registered office. You can pick up from Manchester airport as well.Not a problem.
But as @captain uber says, you cannot hang around.
Pure example is AdLee. Their cars waiting at Luton are plated at Luton.

You can’t wait in Egham mate. It’s not TfL area.

Dubs666

True but only if job prebooked via TfL registered office. You can pick up from Manchester airport as well.Not a problem.
But as @captain uber says, you cannot hang around.
Pure example is AdLee. Their cars waiting at Luton are plated at Luton.

You can’t wait in Egham mate. It’s not TfL area.
What about addlee cars waiting in mid stay car park and then going and joining the rank.
Maybe get 3rd time lucky with a addlee example