• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lucky Trip to Houston on 1/29/17

Lang

While driving for Lyft in the Kyle, San Marcos area on Sunday, 1/29/17 got a trip from Kyle to Houston around midnight. Trip total pay = $188. Nothing to brag about, but not too bad for a slow Sunday night. Longest trip yet as a TNC driver.

Just saying - you never know where the next trip will take you.

El Gato

Damn. Midnight. So assuming you had been out about 2-4 hours prior to that, you made the 2.5 hr treck out there and then had to come back...ouch...back I guess like at 5AM...that a long time out...I wonder if you don't have the gas for that is the pax ok with a quick gas/coffee break?

BobbyATX

More like a nightmare on a standard Lyft ride. I hope the dude tipped you. After fuel and depreciation I estimate you cleared $12 per hour. A little over minimum wage so nice job. Usually third shift pays a little more but oh well. Make sure start saving the depreciation you absorbed for a new car when the time comes...or at least the maintenance when something breaks...just saying.

Lang

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Started working around 11 pm after sleeping all day Sunday. I try to see the trip as a glass that's half-full. I'll accept a trip any day of the week to Dallas or Houston. I have friends and relatives in both cities and get to make money while taking a trip there. Thus, at the end of the day - more positives than negatives. Oh - and the customer did tip on the Houston trip.

Yesterday had a RA trip from circle c to San Antonio 133.48! 2.5 total hours there and back and about 10$ gas. Standard ride. Sure is sweet to get 100% of the fare.

strongarm

Ouch and I thought I got screwed when I received $212 to Dallas minus fuel and the fact it was new years and I spent most just commuting 6 hours in Austin would have been much more profitable.

ATX 22

Ouch and I thought I got screwed when I received $212 to Dallas minus fuel and the fact it was new years and I spent most just commuting 6 hours in Austin would have been much more profitable.
I don't pay for the fuel and it isn't my personal vehicle.