Lower rating because I accepted a tip

Stormy_Blu

I've been given a lower rating by a few riders because I accepted a tip. Of course I mentioned to them that tips aren't necessary, but they insist. Then, I get punished for it?!! I rarely get tips to begin with, then when I do, I get a bad rating to go along w/it!!! Uber has hit an all time low w/this one!!! Anyone else dealing w/this BS???!
Screenshot_2016-08-08-23-54-43-1.png

AP92

I've been given a lower rating by a few riders because I accepted a tip. Of course I mentioned to them that tips aren't necessary, but they insist. Then, I get punished for it?!! I rarely get tips to begin with, then when I do, I get a bad rating to go along w/it!!! Uber has hit an all time low w/this one!!! Anyone else dealing w/this BS???! View attachment 53590
I always expect tips and get 5 stars. That's weird it was this trip probably in Scottsdale or a Airport trip ?

albertphx

I wouldn't worry about it what so ever.
When someone offers an tip , just thank them and accept. No need to listen to the BS that uber likes to spread. Imo , only 5-8% of uber riders tips and those are not the ones you have to worry about giving you an bad rating.
Look at it this way, the worst thing that can happen is you lose an $10 per hr job.
I'm sure there are other $10 per hr jobs out there. If most uber pax tip you just an lousy $1 or $2 , your earnings would be $16 per hr and that's being conservative.
You see how much uber screw over the drivers now?
My main job pays $10 per hr, and I much rather do that than be on the road all the time hoping my next fare is not an $2.40 one. But I only get 30 hrs, so have to do something on the side. If Uber ever deactivates me, i could really care less.

I Aint Jo Mama

Bullshit, I would never tell someone tipping isn't necessary. I accept every time and then thank the pax for their generosity. Uber thinks they will get more business with the no tipping is necessary line, possibly taking business from Lyft.
F K Uber when it comes to non tipping Today was my last day due to that. I,m also tired of picking up ASU students , going .7 of a mile for $2.40 and then get stuck in traffic on campus.

I Aint Jo Mama

I wouldn't worry about it what so ever.
When someone offers an tip , just thank them and accept. No need to listen to the BS that uber likes to spread. Imo , only 5-8% of uber riders tips and those are not the ones you have to worry about giving you an bad rating.
Look at it this way, the worst thing that can happen is you lose an $10 per hr job.
I'm sure there are other $10 per hr jobs out there. If most uber pax tip you just an lousy $1 or $2 , your earnings would be $16 per hr and that's being conservative.
You see how much uber screw over the drivers now?
My main job pays $10 per hr, and I much rather do that than be on the road all the time hoping my next fare is not an $2.40 one. But I only get 30 hrs, so have to do something on the side. If Uber ever deactivates me, i could really care less.
I'm going back to my old job tomorrow driving for a company ,getting paid by the hour ,getting paid for mileage and he pays the gas. I can work w/e if i want for Uber . This nontipping bull sheet drives me nuts

CarterPeerless

I've been given a lower rating by a few riders because I accepted a tip. Of course I mentioned to them that tips aren't necessary, but they insist. Then, I get punished for it?!! I rarely get tips to begin with, then when I do, I get a bad rating to go along w/it!!! Uber has hit an all time low w/this one!!! Anyone else dealing w/this BS???! View attachment 53590
File a request to change the passenger rating.

Xtramoney

I never tell them tips aren't necessary. I act surprised and say, "Oh, thank you so much! I really do appreciate it!" When they respond with 'you're welcome,' I repeat that I really do appreciate it.
It makes them feel like they really made my day, which they have since so few people tip, and I've never had a lower rating due to accepting a tip.

depending on your situation, try driving for LYFT. At least they have encouraged/accepted tipping as part of the transaction. I would say I get a tip 30% plus of the time. I find the people that don't tip are the daily users of ride sharing, "dancers" and anyone who says 'i'm going to tip you through the app" (almost always a sure sign they won't tip)

Stormy_Blu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always expect tips and get 5 stars. That's weird it was this trip probably in Scottsdale or a Airport trip ?
I had a few people that tipped that week, so I'm not sure. . More than likely an airport trip. .

Last edited:

Stormy_Blu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going back to my old job tomorrow driving for a company ,getting paid by the hour ,getting paid for mileage and he pays the gas. I can work w/e if i want for Uber . This nontipping bull sheet drives me nuts
Outta curiosity, is your old job hiring? Lol

loophole

sounds like a savvy rider or maybe even a driver looking to pick off the herd of all the goob noob rookies out there, not a bad idea, or may even be a cabbie, you know those guys hate us

KendoUBER

Just move on, bad riders happen on occasion. I have and maintain a 4.90 rating (now takes a week of perfect 5s to go up .01) and get some pretty good tips here and there. Today I picked up a guy who was broken down on the highway (with a different UBER driver), I got him to his destination and was tipped $30 (on a $20 fare).

sounds like a savvy rider or maybe even a driver looking to pick off the herd of all the goob noob rookies out there, not a bad idea, or may even be a cabbie, you know those guys hate us
Sounds like someone's spouse wasn't happy that the other tipped. Maybe he/she was just an ass. Maybe both. I get along fine with cabbies and enjoy chatting with them (those that speak English).