1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lower rates, more accurate PAX ratings (Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by chicagoguyPHX, Sep 12, 2015.

1. chicagoguyPHX

chicagoguyPHX

Driving:
    UberX
    Unless we get tipped, it is totally not worth it to stay logged on after this rate drop.

I am urging everyone here to give an automatic one star to any PAX who does not tip.

As of now, an uber ride will cost a PAX 1/3 of a Taxi fare

Thank you!

Sdusa2 likes this.
  2. PHXTE

PHXTE

That seems like misplaced anger to me. The problem is with Uber, not with the riders. I'm not going to punish them because the company abuses the drivers.

This was just fun money for me, anyway. I had a couple good weekends and maybe I'll stay activated for when there's big events in town, but it's just not worth it to me to regularly work for slave wages.

Bart McCoy likes this.
  3. chicagoguyPHX

chicagoguyPHX

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not "punishing the riders"

A low rating is actually helping out the next driver. And I feel that we should all help each other out and let the n00bs chase after those low rated PAX.

Sdusa2 likes this.
  4. kage87

kage87

Driving:
    UberX
    I won't give a one star if they don't tip but the minor hassles I will dock their rating for now when I wouldn't before the rate drop. Also taking away the aux cable and my temperature is set to my liking not theirs. If I'm asked if I like driving for Uber I will still say I do but make sure to mention the money sucks and wouldn't recommend anybody driving for Uber.

Sdusa2, Teksaz and chicagoguyPHX like this.
  5. AZ Chiver

AZ Chiver

Driving:
    UberX
    I had a PAX tell me last night that he would tip, but he knows that were now allowed it.

6. Sdusa2

Sdusa2

Interesting how these entitled Uber riders are getting such awesome ride rates and they have the monies to go to nice restaurants and Old Town Scottsdale for overpriced drinks yet can't tip a dollar here or there. I might not give them a one rating but a three or four star rating has been where my finger has been hitting. A tipper gets the FIVE Star regardless of how he acts. I reward those who respect me by tipping.

I also drive for Lyft and have been getting quite a few $5 tips and I don't see it until the next day. Most Lyft riders get a 5 star from me for that reason. If Uber would just give the Rider the option of tipping, we would feel more respected.