• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Low rider score

MyJessicaLS430

I got a 1 star rating from a rider on u we, but I don’t know why. Again in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, but shouldn’t it be almost a requirement to post WHY if it’s not a top rating so that driver knows how to improve?
You don't need to know because you can never understand their logic. Simply be polite and drive safe. A 5.0 driver does not get paid more than a 4.7!
I had a ping for a 3.x last week, almost as rare as getting a 2* rating! ?

Laughed and quickly declined. Nope nope nope
Make sure you don't mistakenly reject a 3.X surge! Well, in case the multiplier model is still applied to your market =)

If you take EVERYONE then be prepared for many more 1 stars. You will learn that riders who actually have a rating below 4.9, there is a reason.
I agree with you in general. Given that some drivers are known to down-rate simply because of short trips, no cash tip or whatever reasons they deem to be appropriate, my cut-off is at 4.8.

How much does the Rideshare endorsement cost you extra a month?
I have contacted State Farm but the agent said there was no rideshare add-on option in my market. Geico does, but I was quoted $230 more each month. The offer from AAA is not any better either. Given that I am paying $270/mo for 2 cars and I seldom drive, I have given up the idea of adding rideshare protection.

Last edited:

Mikeoftulsa

Nope. Thats WITH the additional rideshare coverage.

• If you have a claim, you deal directly with State Farm.

Transporting

State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage extends all coverages, except liability, from your personal auto policy1 and may include2:

• Damage to your car
  • Medical coverage
  • Emergency road service
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
So, as long as I'm not found to be at fault (liability), I'm covered.
So basically, the endorsement just adds the extra coverages like comp/coll, medpay, etc... to the times you are on your way to a client or have the client in the car and covers you for liability from the time you are online until you accept the ping (you'd have to rely on uber/lyft's insurance for liability after that time).

Last edited:

BobMarley

So basically, the endorsement just adds the extra coverages like comp/coll, medpay, etc... to the times you are on your way to a client or have the client in the car and covers you for liability from the time you are online until you accept the ping (you'd have to rely on uber/lyft's insurance for liability after that time).
No it doesn't. It includes comprehensive, collision, and uninsured motorist. Liability means I cause damage or injury, then I would still have to pay Lyft/Uber deductible. I mean in reality they are just paying the difference between the rideshare co's deductible and mine, except for liability.

BTW I actually read through the agreement they sent me through snail mail. Not just relying on their promo page.

Mikeoftulsa

No it doesn't. It includes comprehensive, collision, and uninsured motorist. Liability means I cause damage or injury, then I would still have to pay Lyft/Uber deductible. I mean in reality they are just paying the difference between the rideshare co's deductible and mine, except for liability.

BTW I actually read through the agreement they sent me through snail mail. Not just relying on their promo page.
Im sure those extra coverages are not offered unless you already have them. But I’m basing my statement off of the info provided which states there is no liability coverage for times 2 and 3 which means you would have to rely on Uber’s insurance for the liability.

Ideally those other coverages wouldn’t be needed if you were not at fault since the other persons liability should cover all of it.

peteyvavs

Come to Florida 85% of drivers don’t carry rideshare coverage. Uber and Lyft have been hiring drivers illegally since day one.
Post automatically merged:

How much does the Rideshare endorsement cost you extra a month?
40% of drivers here in Florida drop their insurance after they registered their cars and drive uninsured, you need uninsured coverage here with these aholes.
It cost 60 bucks a month extra.

Last edited:

BobMarley

Im sure those extra coverages are not offered unless you already have them. But I’m basing my statement off of the info provided which states there is no liability coverage for times 2 and 3 which means you would have to rely on Uber’s insurance for the liability.

Ideally those other coverages wouldn’t be needed if you were not at fault since the other persons liability should cover all of it.
Yes it just extends what you have for personal coverage. I pay $115 in total per month.