• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Low rider score

crossflix

I got a 1 star rating from a rider on u we, but I don’t know why. Again in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, but shouldn’t it be almost a requirement to post WHY if it’s not a top rating so that driver knows how to improve?

UberAdrian

The entire rating system is a scam and scare tactic. Fundamentally, the reason why is because some people are jerks and the rideshare companies wield these jerks to scare drivers because they are also jerks.

99% of the time I’m about to lose stars, I can feel - usually immediately when paxhole enters car. I always pre-emptive 1 star these people and report they made me feel unsafe just in case. Sometimes innocent people get caught up in the crossfire. That’s ULs fault and it doesn’t bother me.

crossflix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That makes sense, besides Uber pro eligibility and tip, I guess ratings are very low in terms of importance. Besides bragging rights do they serve any other purpose?

crossflix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t drive as often so I take EVERYONE. Just starting to take shared/pools now

Tyt

I won't take anyone under 4.8 on Uber, or 4.9 on Lyft ever again, learned my lesson. I think pax with good ratings are way less likely to give a bad rating for BS reasons.
Picked up a 5.0 pax only to find out same one with 4.6 rating two weeks ago and she gave me a 1 star for kindly explaining to her that not showing up in 5 min can cost you $5 . ( Could gave easily collected my money but instead i reaped a star :smiles:

TheDevilisaParttimer

Pro tip: don’t take shares or pool ever. Unless you’re fond of pain and misery.
Just click last ride as soon as you accept an Uber Pool trip.

Doing this UberPool pays only .50 cents less than X.

Oh, pro tip stay away from Lyft.

$2.5k deductible is playing Russian roulette with each trip.

nouberipo

I don’t drive as often so I take EVERYONE. Just starting to take shared/pools now
If you take EVERYONE then be prepared for many more 1 stars. You will learn that riders who actually have a rating below 4.9, there is a reason. You will be sent all of the rides that the experienced drivers pass on because they won't pick up problem riders. So, if you don't have a cut-off in terms of the lowest rating of a rider you will drive, you WILL be sent the low rated riders which in turn will result in many more 1 stars coming your way.

Tom Oldman

Author
I got a 1 star rating from a rider on u we, but I don’t know why. Again in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, but shouldn’t it be almost a requirement to post WHY if it’s not a top rating so that driver knows how to improve?
I hope.One day we all get over this childish star thing. As Paxcollector said; it's like kindergarten kids collecting colorful and shiny stars stickers in their books.

The more you pay attention to it, the more complex it gets. The law of attraction

Benjamin M

I won't take anyone under 4.8 on Uber, or 4.9 on Lyft ever again, learned my lesson. I think pax with good ratings are way less likely to give a bad rating for BS reasons.
I had a ping for a 3.x last week, almost as rare as getting a 2* rating! ?

Laughed and quickly declined. Nope nope nope

Gtown Driver

Even if they were to make it a requirement to post why, there's a big guarantee that there will be times where their WHY is complete BS.

If you got them from A to B and they one starred you, it's because they're a beech.

BobMarley

Just click last ride as soon as you accept an Uber Pool trip.

Doing this UberPool pays only .50 cents less than X.

Oh, pro tip stay away from Lyft.

$2.5k deductible is playing Russian roulette with each trip.
I'd agree, except I have State Farm's rideshare endorsement. The amount of uninsured motorists around these parts is downright scary.

BobMarley

With the rider endorsement if the app is on the insurance will be process through lyft/uber
Nope. Thats WITH the additional rideshare coverage.

• If you have a claim, you deal directly with State Farm.

Transporting

State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage extends all coverages, except liability, from your personal auto policy1 and may include2:

• Damage to your car
  • Medical coverage
  • Emergency road service
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
So, as long as I'm not found to be at fault (liability), I'm covered.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Nope. Thats WITH the additional rideshare coverage.

• If you have a claim, you deal directly with State Farm.

Transporting

State Farm Rideshare Driver Coverage extends all coverages, except liability, from your personal auto policy1 and may include2:

• Damage to your car
  • Medical coverage
  • Emergency road service
  • Rental reimbursement
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
So, as long as I'm not found to be at fault (liability), I'm covered.
Might have to check out State Farm and see if my current insurance match theirs, thanks for the insight.

25rides7daysaweek

I think the reason there dont tell you is just to keep you on the edge of your seat.
It's easier to manipulate someone when
they dont feel sure about themselves.
The only real complaint that you need to
worry about us impaired driver.
As long as you are behaving yourself otherwise you should be ok...