Low rating

Velos1

In 3 weeks 60 trips 1 star I am new driver for Uber I missed his house by 3 houses and I got 1 star. This is ridiculous. I am at 4.55. Some driver say to carry candy ,water etc. Your job is to take the passenger from point A to point B. Uber want us to carry a shoes shine kit too. Is not enough to be nice with passenger.

Merc7186

Have you tried offering shoulder and foot massages while you are driving the pax? Top rated drivers all do this (according to Uber).

Dont offer anything for free. Just keep your ride clean, be polite and go from A to B.

TomTheAnt

Ratings. Do. Not. Matter.

You'll figure it out eventually. Yeah, I was kinda deflated after my first 1* after two weeks of driving (drunk millennial, long story...), too, but I've learned disregard them. Stars or badges or what ever don't show up on my earnings statement a dollar figures.

Velos1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you tried offering shoulder and foot massages while you are driving the pax? Top rated drivers all do this (according to Uber).

Dont offer anything for free. Just keep your ride clean, be polite and go from A to B.
You know a foot massage is not bad idea probably I get tips.

911 Guy

Ratings. Do. Not. Matter.

You'll figure it out eventually. Yeah, I was kinda deflated after my first 1* after two weeks of driving (drunk millennial, long story...), too, but I've learned disregard them. Stars or badges or what ever don't show up on my earnings statement a dollar figures.
They do at that level. If I'm a Pax, I'm cancelling when I see the 4.6 rating. Every. Time.

JimKE

Don't worry about your rating much as a new driver. Uber will give you about 100 rides before they take note of it, and with a small number of rides any low rating will have an exaggerated effect.

Don't give water, mints, or massages. Just keep your car spotless, wear decent clothes, shower, and be pleasant to people.

Two suggestions on getting your ratings up:
  1. If you can (don't know your situation), stay away from Pool rides and late nights. Pool pax and drunks are low-ratings people and they will down-rate you because they struck out at the bar.
  2. I saw this in another thread the other day, and I think it's great advice: Ask riders to do their ratings whenever they get a chance. Don't beg for 5* or tips; just ask them to do their rating. Pax who are perfectly pleased with your service tend NOT to rate. Pax who are grumpy will rate every time, and that disparity will drag down your average. And it is okay to tell pax that: "Great passengers like you tend not to always do their ratings."

DriverMark

2. I saw this in another thread the other day, and I think it's great advice: Ask riders to do their ratings whenever they get a chance. Don't beg for 5* or tips; just ask them to do their rating. Pax who are perfectly pleased with your service tend NOT to rate. Pax who are grumpy will rate every time, and that disparity will drag down your average. And it is okay to tell pax that: "Great passengers like you tend not to always do their ratings."
I'm actually going to start doing #2. I've never really cared about ratings, as it's been high enough. But getting 2 1* last month for crap I had no control over I find.... irritating. Anyway, just want to get them washed off my 500 quick as I can, and if I just wait normally will take FOREVER. And will give me a chance to test if it actually gets me more tips. Plus I'll probably work into my conversation as we draw to their destination how I had these 2 PAXHoles give me 1*. Should draw sympathy and maybe more tips. Will see :smiles:.

Anyway, as mentioned, some folks are just salty and jerkwads. You can do everything perfect and you will still get some folks that ding you for whatever reason. Keep driving, that rating will go up the more you drive. As suggested, just keep your ride clean, look nice, be polite, etc.

AuxCordBoston

In 3 weeks 60 trips 1 star I am new driver for Uber I missed his house by 3 houses and I got 1 star. This is ridiculous. I am at 4.55. Some driver say to carry candy ,water etc. Your job is to take the passenger from point A to point B. Uber want us to carry a shoes shine kit too. Is not enough to be nice with passenger.
I miss houses all the time. I make riders cross the street. I don’t get 1 stars. Just keep at it. Most riders are understanding.