1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Low Rating Has Me Discouraged

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by Uber_Soldat, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Uber_Soldat

Uber_Soldat

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm three days in to my Uber career and I was really feeling good about myself until I saw my rating on my on my iPad just now. It doesn't show up in the iPhone app. On the phone app, I had seen a 5 and a star next to my name so I thought after 7 trips I had a spotless record. I've got a clean 2014 vehicle, I've been cordial, I have opened doors, helped people with luggage, been on time and tonight I saw that I had a 4.67 rating! I was stunned. What have I done wrong? I've only had 7 customers so someone really screwed me. One of my trips cancelled on me two minutes from me picking him up and he was charged the $5 fee. I was on time for that pickup as well. This has really taken the wind out of my sails as I've read I can be deactivated with a rating that "low." I'm discouraged and quite frankly, I'm pissed. Is it because I haven't offered water? Also, how can we partners improve if we don't know WHY we were rated lower. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I had rated all my pax 5 stars. Now I realize after reading other posts and blogs that I've been too generous.

2. Mr. T

Mr. T

It happens. Ratings fluctuate. First 100(?) don't count anyways.

Uber_Soldat likes this.
  3. Uber_Soldat

Uber_Soldat

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks Mr. T. I'll try not to stress over it.

4. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    1 in 25 people will be rating you low because they are *******s.
    other low ratings are because some pax will think a 4 star is good enough.
    If there are more low ratings, probably you earned them. But uber will not tell you why you earned them and how to fix your ratings.
    Go figure!

Makishima_78 and Uber_Soldat like this.
  5. Don't you ever worry about ratings if you're doing the work you're supposed to do or beyond, most people will appreciate your service, but there are others that will rate you badly no matter how good you performed, you don't have to worry about those, it's not even worthy, they are just ungrateful losers, and to be fair, as mentioned in this thread there are people that think that 4 is good enough and 5 if you show up in a Tesla. If you have checked the app in the last few months, you will see that the top performers have been at 4.84 for some months already. I only offered cold water when the rates were around $1.80/mile, after the rates went down for the first time for me, I only offered during surge and when they went down to 1.20/mile about a year ago, I stopped offering water; now with the new rates, every passenger should bring you water, food and be very grateful they are not riding a dirty cab at 2.50/mile on a Saturday night. I should mention that in more than a year I have only opened the door to my car about 3 times, to senior citizens; I usually handle the luggage, but mostly to protect the rear bumper of my car while helping the weaker. After almost 2000 trips I'm at 4.84 well now 4.83, probably due to this snobby and condescending rider from hell, showed up late, not near the pin, wanted me to go against the traffic flow just to avoid walking like 30 feet, as soon as she got into the car she tells to her companion that she doesn't like UBER, didn't give me or entered the destination and instead starts micro- directing me to the address some 20 miles away, while talking to her friend about fine wines, hermes bags and getting older and rich guys; her final destination? some dumpster around 35 ave and Glendale Ave. The moral: if you're doing a good job don't worry about the bad ratings, they are from horrible people, temporarily because of alcohol or they just like the ungrateful lifestyle permanently, or both ;)

6. AZ Chiver

AZ Chiver

Driving:
    UberX
    The same thing happened to me. I have been driving a little over a week now. After my first 13 trips my rating was a 4.67. After 17 trips it went to 4.77. And now after 26 trips I am at 4.92. Remember that the more trips you do the better your rating will get.

Sacto Burbs likes this.
  7. Mr. T

Mr. T

Don't worry about it. It has to stay below 4.6 before you get deactivated. And if you're working the bar seen your rating will just suck in general. You'll get revenge ratings for surges, bad rating for not being able to get to people, denying unwanted advances etc.

Uber_Soldat likes this.
  8. AZ Chiver

AZ Chiver

Driving:
    UberX
    unw
    Unwanted advances?

9. Sdusa2

Sdusa2

Yes, Unwanted Advances........ when you thought you had your foot on the brake but hit the gas pedal instead!!!

Uber_Soldat likes this.
  10. Teksaz

Teksaz

This will get you a low rating if not a 1*. lol

***** and her 3rd grader got in my car and started telling me what I'm going to do. "You're going to take lil Tyrone to school and then you're going to take me to the grocery store." I said, no problem.

I dropped her at the store and drove the parking lot while she was in there. See pic with loops below. lol **** her.

Bad Rating.PNG

11. Sdusa2

Sdusa2

I LOVE it...I hadn't even thought of doing this but with these effing entitled people, it will happen more often now. Screw them. I am in battle royale with Uber now with these lower rates and being expected to stop and wait at 4 different stops and then return back to the origin pickup stop. I told Uber email that I will end the trip at first stop and then restart a 2nd trip from there to the next stop...etc etc. They say I will get paid for waiting but at .16 per minute, eff that. The base fare is more than that unless it is included in a rather long drive...correct me if I am wrong but that is how I figure to beat this wage cut.

12. Uber_Soldat

Uber_Soldat

Driving:
    UberX
    Great replies. Thanks. I won't worry about the ratings as I know I've been a good driver. Yes, I could get better with the clunky app, but that'll come in time.

13. Soldat don't sweat it. You can literally do everything right and perfect from the start of the trip to near the end only to have some as*hole knock you down a couple of stars just because you turned into the third driveway of the apartment complex instead of the second driveway.
    Once your over 100 trips the rating really doesn't move much unless you get a rash of multiple low or high ratings.

14. Teksaz....Bravo! Your my hero! Funny as hell.

Teksaz likes this.
  15. Mr. T

Mr. T

Indeed. I've had a few. Only one was actually kicked out

16. I'm beginning to get a complex...never had any unwanted advances! :(

17. Uber_Soldat

Uber_Soldat

Driving:
    UberX
    Apartment calls...I love the pax who stands OUTSIDE the friggin gate. It would be nice if they could pass a note along to us that said "pickup outside gate." Question: where do we find pax's number to send them a text like: where R U?

18. Mr. T

Mr. T

The kind of people so desperate for sex that they start groping drivers is not the kind thing you want to be jealous pf

19. Mr. T

Mr. T

Top right corner, then "contact" then call. That number will always be the same for every passenger.

20. XUberMike

XUberMike

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't sweat it you got 2 5-star and a 4-stars

14÷3 =4.67

BTW stop doing so much **** you're making us look bad

Uber_Soldat likes this.