1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Low Rating: 4.45 After 11 Ratings

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by McLaurin, Jun 13, 2016.

1. McLaurin

McLaurin

Has anyone else had a rating below 4.5 after such a short time (10 hours total driving, 11 ratings total)? I've done none of the things that Uber suggests that may cause low ratings such as have a bad attitude or poor driving. All 11 of my rides were rowdy drunk college students from 10pm-12am from UWM to downtown or Brady Street (at most 6 minutes). I've not been alerted by Uber yet but if I continue to see I'm below a 5.0 I'm considering ending my Uber services. I know campus area is terrible but anything less than 5 stars for these rides is completely dishonest as all I've done is pick them up and take them 2-6 minutes to their house party or brady street bar.

One girl even spilled nail polish on my seat as she was painting her nails before drop off at Hi Hat on Brady! I'm going to avoid the colleges now.

2. MKEUber

MKEUber

Driving:
    UberX
    I wouldn't worry about it. I believe Uber gives you like 60 rides before rating starts to become a factor. I used to almost drive exclusively Friday and Saturday nights and maintained a 4.8 rating so it can be done. It will even out over time.

UberWhenICan likes this.
  3. UberWhenICan

UberWhenICan

Driving:
    Lyft
    Agreed. Don't let the first set of ratings bother you. There are certain neighborhoods that rate lower than others, no matter how good of service you might provide. No need to supply water, mints, etc. I have a cigarette lighter plug that allows them to connect their own USB cables to charge their phones, and for the good riders I'll provide mine if asked politely. Other than that, keep a clean car, be polite, and do your best to get them to the destination in a timely fashion. If you do that, most will 5 star you, and the rest can suck it because they don't get it or are too stuck up to care anyway.
    After a while, the ones that rate you lower than 5 stars will not change your overall rating. As long as you keep it above a 4.6 you'll be just fine.

Drive-extra16 likes this.
  4. That's your first mistake. Giving rides to drunk kids. Any drunk will rate you low but drunks kids who is wet behind the ears will kill your ratings

Drive-extra16 likes this.
  5. MKEUber

MKEUber

Driving:
    UberX
    The problem is that those rides are the most profitable in Milwaukee. Bar time is really the only time you can get surges over 2X these days in Milwaukee

6. Oic. Understood.

7. I explain that drivers must maintain a 4.6 rating & to take that into consideration when rating me. Lots of people are unaware that less than 5 stars is just poo. I even printed the email response from Uber stating such to people who seem genuinely interested. My rating is 4.91.

Also, give more rides in the morning and day to bring the rating up. It has been stated many times in many markets that late night drunks rate poorly, especially if they are zapped with surge rates.

8. McLaurin

McLaurin

Thanks everyone. Rating improved to 4.7 in last 2 weeks 30 more rides. Now tonight was told Uber Milwaukee no longer has cancellation fees! Was stuck near brady street after dropping a rider off near art museum. Request came in for Comet Cafe but after 8 minutes en route, rider called asking why it was taking so long...explained the fireworks traffic and told them it would be another 10 min. due to how slow the traffic was moving. They asked me to cancel...I understood. I contacted Uber support to ask about how cancellation fees work if stuck in traffic prior to arrival and rider cancels...upon asking about this, Uber responded with:

"There is no longer a cancellation fee for our partners and riders. If you've waited for a rider for 5 minutes, you are welcome to cancel the trip and go back online so you can get another request. We'll connect you to the closet rider to get you back on the road as soon as possible."

Crazy.

9. MKEUber

MKEUber

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, they stopped the fee last year. Bull crap if you ask me causes me to cancel a lot more request than I normally would

10. McLaurin

McLaurin

I think they lie to drivers about this though. I have received 3 cancellation fees since starting 3 weeks ago...due to arriving at destination and then trip cancelled by rider.