Low rated pax

Ted1

So what is the lowest rated pax you guys will pick up? I hate picking up anyone under 4.5 I do pick up lower than that just trying to make some $$$.

Ted1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just wondering this weekend I got a 4.1 4.3 and 4.5 all in a row uber says if you don't take them they will kick you off the app for an hour.

Hell yeah !

Hour long kick off is crazy.never heard that one before. I dont really care airport riders although 50% @@@@@@bag have below 4.5. When not in the airport, below 4.6 is a no no. The craziest rating i have ever seen was 3.3. I mean who would pick him up unless its surging

Ted1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hour long kick off is crazy.never heard that one before. I dont really care airport riders although 50% ******bag have below 4.5. When not in the airport, below 4.6 is a no no. The craziest rating i have ever seen was 3.3. I mean who would pick him up unless its surging
Yeah that's the message I got from uber maybe they thought it would scare me :eek:.

Caplan121

This will keep your acceptance rating from dropping below the time out threshold which is about 20 minutes

Old Rocker

I usually don't look because I'm trying to scope out where they are compared to my location, but I know I've picked up a 3-ish before, who turned out to be a perfectly fine pax (no tip, of course).

tripAces

Low rated pax come in many forms. I had one that was a 3.6 and I had no clue til I looked after waiting 2 mins. Person was nice didn't tip and even asked what his rating was. I told him. And come to find out he barely used Uber and of course he was low rated do to no tip. I showed him the 5 star I gave which should have helped. He 5 star me.
The other type is the low life's that will low rate you no matter what. They are scum and thus should be back on the bus service. Thats why I stayed away from Main and 610 south loop. And various places such as those.

I still don't agree with low rating a pax for no tip. By now all driver's should know Uber created this environment. You choose to drive in it. Thus its just insane to think it will change soon. It may take 3 more years for most people to tip Uber type driver's like they would the wait staff.

darkshy77

My frist pax account is at a 4.3 rate requesting and Cancelling seems after pax rating.. (I would request to see who was around... Wait time)

UberCadi

I've picked up a 1. He was from NY and on his way into Houston 2 days prior to me picking him up, he got a gUber from IAH, and that driver moved from NY to Uber in Houston(ha, because he thought he would make more money here!!!). The couple from NY were on their 2nd ride ever with me. After hearing his story, and finding them to be a very enjoyable couple, and hearing him talking about the NY degenerate (my word, not his) that drove him from the airport, I got to thinking about his 1 star rating. I asked him if by chance he didn't give the driver a tip? He said no, because his daughter talked him into Uber and said everything was taken care of. No need to tip. I told him I knew that he didn't tip because he had a former NY gUber and he had a 1 rating. Regardless, was probably one of the nicest pax I've ever given a ride to. Probably in my top 10-15 most pleasant. And, I was handed a tip upon arriving at the airport - nothing big, but as a NY native accustomed to tipping, you could tell he felt bad about how his daughter steered him. Don't always count out the low raters. Could be from some jack-hat gUber that has a chip on his/her shoulder.

We all rate different across the board as drivers. There truly is NO insight into a pax from rating. You can predict a pax no different then you can predict rider demand pattern. I would say 1 out of 10 possibly match their rating. Just my experience where I drive. But I know if I was driving in the heart of downtown Houston as my normal beat, I might have a different perspective.

Last edited:

Hell yeah !

I've picked up a 1. He was from NY and on his way into Houston 2 days prior to me picking him up, he got a gUber from IAH, and that driver moved from NY to Uber in Houston(ha, because he thought he would make more money here!!!). The couple from NY were on their 2nd ride ever with me. After hearing his story, and finding them to be a very enjoyable couple, and hearing him talking about the NY degenerate (my word, not his) that drove him from the airport, I got to thinking about his 1 star rating. I asked him if by chance he didn't give the driver a tip? He said no, because his daughter talked him into Uber and said everything was taken care of. No need to tip. I told him I knew that he didn't tip because he had a former NY gUber and he had a 1 rating. Regardless, was probably one of the nicest pax I've ever given a ride to. Probably in my top 10-15 most pleasant. And, I was handed a tip upon arriving at the airport - nothing big, but as a NY native accustomed to tipping, you could tell he felt bad about how his daughter steered him. Don't always count out the low raters. Could be from some jack-hat gUber that has a chip on his/her shoulder.

We all rate different across the board as drivers. There truly is NO insight into a pax from rating. You can predict a pax no different then you can predict rider demand pattern. I would say 1 out of 10 possibly match their rating. Just my experience where I drive. But I know if I was driving in the heart of downtown Houston as my normal beat, I might have a different perspective.
So you just asked him if he is tipper or not? just like that? Lol.very funny!

UberCadi

Sort of. When he told me I was his 2nd Uber he had ever taken, then I knew he only had one trip, and only 1 possible driver rating. I worked into the conversation, very keenly, that I noticed he had a rating of 1, and wondered if he had tipped his first driver or not. He said no, and then went on to explain what his daughter had told him. I told him the norm, that we don't expect tips, and its not part of the app. I explained that some drivers have a their own little policy that if they don't get a tip then the rider gets a 1.

Richard Cranium

Sort of. When he told me I was his 2nd Uber he had ever taken, then I knew he only had one trip, and only 1 possible driver rating. I worked into the conversation, very keenly, that I noticed he had a rating of 1, and wondered if he had tipped his first driver or not. He said no, and then went on to explain what his daughter had told him. I told him the norm, that we don't expect tips, and its not part of the app. I explained that some drivers have a their own little policy that if they don't get a tip then the rider gets a 1.
And some Pax have their little system of if you don't kiss their hindquarters they will rate you a 4 or lower, and as drivers we know nothing lower than a 5 is acceptable to Uber :smiles:
And some are just drunk jackasses or hurtful souls that don't care and feel entitled so they rate us low just because they can.
(Playing Devil's Advocate)

RC

UberCadi

And some Pax have their little system of if you don't kiss their hindquarters they will rate you a 4 or lower, and as drivers we know nothing lower than a 5 is acceptable to Uber :smiles:
And some are just drunk jackasses or hurtful souls that don't care and feel entitled so they rate us low just because they can.
(Playing Devil's Advocate)

RC
Yep - I agree. Since I hung a rating sign up, I have far fewer 4's. Had a little lapse when there were surges.

UberCadi

I went through about 4 weeks of 4.5's. Now I'm back to 5.0's, and my rating is 4.85 again. I did a lot of surge rides during the periods of low ratings, so I'm blaming the low ratings on the surges, not any lapse in my sparkling personality :wink:
Oh yeah - surges crush ratings like nothing else!