Uber Drivers Forum banner

Low demand/Pings

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Jezza 
#1 ·
I have been experiencing a shocking drop in uber request these past 2 days and was wondering if any of you had the same issue. I have tried driving to the city at peak hour, surges and known spots, reinstalling app, clearing caches but to no avail. Even the set destination function was below par. I requested a call back from uber and they told me it was bad luck and low demand. They adviced me to drive around to find more pings! Duh! More dead kms...yeah!

I have a 4.91 rating coupled with plat status as well and this the worse i have seen in my 1 yeaf of ubering.Could it be problems with my carrier service which is optus?

#2 ·
I have been experience the exact same thing with UberEats (and literally just posted a thread about it swell). Monday was fairly steady for Eats requests but today and yesterday have been shocking. Been online all day and only had 2 requests. Thought I may need to get closer to the action but I am in a good location and generally have ok business usually.

I noticed that Eats has recently launched all over Perth (not just CBD, Subi/West Perth etc and Fremantle), but I dont see how that would make a difference to me as I am near Subi.

#5 ·
I have been experience the exact same thing with UberEats (and literally just posted a thread about it swell). Monday was fairly steady for Eats requests but today and yesterday have been shocking. Been online all day and only had 2 requests. Thought I may need to get closer to the action but I am in a good location and generally have ok business usually.

I noticed that Eats has recently launched all over Perth (not just CBD, Subi/West Perth etc and Fremantle), but I dont see how that would make a difference to me as I am near Subi.[/
There might be a direct correlation with uberx demands as well. Still waiting for a second callback from Uber. Will let you know the outcome
Whats your confirmation rating...?
Mine is sitting at 87% with 7% cancellation rate. Uber has mentioned this wasn't the reason.

Some drivers reporting the same issues in Sydney and Melbourne. I hope compensation is forthcoming.

#11 ·
went online this morning and receiving requests again.

However I did report the issue to Uber who first responded saying I need to do all the resets, in their second response they just said I need to visit the greenlight hub, they seem to be ignoring the fact its affecting others nationwide, hope we get our compo!

#15 ·
went online this morning and receiving requests again.

However I did report the issue to Uber who first responded sayin
Out of interest to those experiencing reduced pings, is your phone carrier Telstra?

I dont usually work Mondays but this one was a blinder/7 hrs for $220 so the pings were out there. Tues and wed were pretty good also so wonder if it is related to your phone carrier (got to be be crazy to go with anyone other than Telstra imo, too many dead spots)
It doesn't appear to be related to any particular carrier, its just some unlucky drivers who are experiencing it. Uber have already come back and said that they are aware of the problem and are looking into it. That would suggest its App related.

Its possible your Monday, Tues and Wed were good because some of us were not receiving pings !

#13 ·
Received a call back from Uber. They admitted to some technical difficulties these past 2 days that resulted in low to no pings and has been resolved(for ubereats as well)

I asked for compensation due to expenses incurred from wait times / dead kms and they reverted to the standard operation manual and rambled on about their disclaimer when we signed the docs. But they will pass our concerns along. In other words, don't hold your breath.

#14 ·
Out of interest to those experiencing reduced pings, is your phone carrier Telstra?

I dont usually work Mondays but this one was a blinder/7 hrs for $220 so the pings were out there. Tues and wed were pretty good also so wonder if it is related to your phone carrier (got to be be crazy to go with anyone other than Telstra imo, too many dead spots)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.