• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Low back pain

itendstonight

Have to admit it, driving since 18 as a bus driver and then doing rideshare, my low back is killing me in my 30s driving 50 To 60 hours a week. Doesn’t help I found out I was born with a fused L5-Sacrum on my right side so I am even more susceptible to pain on the side we use all the time to gas and break. I’m going to a physical therapist soon, my primary care doctor referred me after making sure it wasn’t something more sinister. Anyone live with back pain? Have you conquered it? I feel 80 and it sucks!

uberparadise

Have to admit it, driving since 18 as a bus driver and then doing rideshare, my low back is killing me in my 30s driving 50 To 60 hours a week. Doesn’t help I found out I was born with a fused L5-Sacrum on my right side so I am even more susceptible to pain on the side we use all the time to gas and break. I’m going to a physical therapist soon, my primary care doctor referred me after making sure it wasn’t something more sinister. Anyone live with back pain? Have you conquered it? I feel 80 and it sucks!
Lumbar support pillow or some back stretching exercises would help a lot!

Dekero

My mid back has been killing me out driving this morning.. I must have slept wrong or something.... Have had low back surgery in the past and pricing we it's not hurting at all but the middle of my back is killing me right now and I cannot seem to get it to pop to release it.... Guess it's time to see a chiropractor...

Gary275

If anybody knows how to fix back pain it’s a roided out bodybuilder.
just stretch, not just your back but your whole body.
Pretty assuming on your part without watching the video.

I dont lift heavy weights or take steroids but that video helped me out. I had this nagging lower back pain that stretching and back exercises , changing mattresses or sleeping on the floor couldn't cure. This had been going on 10+ years Then one day I found this in my recommended videos and I was still in bed when I watched it and I almost dismissed it after watching it but then I said it's only going to take 2 3 mins to do so why not give it a try. There is a small muscle that never gets worked out. Believe me after a couple of times the pain was gone. I tried to twist , bend at awkward angles and I couldn't feel it. For someone who has lived with any sort of pain or limitations its life changing. That's was the whole point of sharing with OP if it helps one more person all good in my book.

DriverMark

Disclaimer I have no clue what I'm talking about :roflmao:

Couple years ago I had some shoulder pain, and then elbow pain. After a shot to the shoulder, Dr visits, and 6 months of discomfort, I started playing with my office chair settings. Apparently the height of my chair and chair armrests was doing something to my arm. A few minor tweaks to my chairs height and such and like magic, the pain vanish. I'm very pessimistic and never put any credence into ergonomics. Old age taught me different. It was such a minor adjustment seemed stupid until it actually fixed my issue.

Anyway. Just food for thought and maybe can help others out.

tohunt4me

Adjust your SEAT to a Full Upright position !
I also had been doing it WRONG all my life.

Till i began driving Uber.
Adjusted seat to proper position.
Solved problems Instantly !

I use to spend 20 hours a day in car.
Before time limits.
Try it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mkang14

I drive a lot. I NEVER have back pain in my RDX. I think it's the leather seats. You may need to get an upgrade if you have cloth seats.

Same with my bed. I had a regular mattress in my early 20s and woke up with neck, back soreness all thetime. Until I got my temperpedic and no more pain for 10 years.

Certain things are worth the extra cost.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Have you considered a bed upgrade?

I have slight nerve damage and buying a nearly 17 inch memory foam bed go rid of 99% of my problems.
Post automatically merged:

I drive a lot. I NEVER have back pain in my RDX. I think it's the leather seats. You may need to get an upgrade if you have cloth seats.

Same with my bed. I had a regular mattress in my early 20s and woke up with neck, back soreness all thetime. Until I got my temperpedic and no more pain for 10 years.

Certain things are worth the extra cost.
I got my bed shipped from China after a few months of research. It cost a little over $1,000, the temperpedic equivalent was $10,000 😳

Last edited:

Mkang14

Have you considered a bed upgrade?

I have slight nerve damage and buying a nearly 17 inch memory foam bed go rid of 99% of my problems.
Post automatically merged:

I got my bed shipped from China after a few months of research. It cost a little over $1,000, the temperpedic equivalent was $10,000 😳
I'm not surprised. I am horrible at shopping around. Great deal.

We have 5 bedrooms, that consist of 2 queen temperpedic at ~$3,500 each, the master with a ~$6,000 temperpedic for mattress w/base and for my daughter I just bought a cheap twin mattress for $150 I think lol.. shes 4 what type of issues will she have.

One of the queens is 10 years old now and still great. I'm keep them forever 😂. I dont plan on making a purchase like that for a while.

TheDevilisaParttimer

I'm not surprised. I am horrible at shopping around. Great deal.

We have 5 bedrooms, that consist of 2 queen temperpedic at ~$3,500 each, the master with a ~$6,000 temperpedic for mattress w/base and for my daughter I just bought a cheap twin mattress for $150 I think lol.. shes 4 what type of issues will she have.

One of the queens is 10 years old now and still great. I'm keep them forever 😂. I dont plan on making a purchase like that for a while.
Quality beds last 30 years, you’re just breaking it in.

Gilby

I have arthritis in my lumbar area, so low back pain is pretty common. I also have a fairly high pain threshold. Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to be able to stand up straight because of the pain, but once I am upright I can move OK. Driving doesn't seem to affect it either way.

Classified

I drive Uber because of my bad lower back, can’t do anything else, well some jobs I can, but employers won’t hire me knowing this,

I find the first thing that helps, is sit properly in your seat, if you look at every other driver on the road, their head isn’t touching the headrest, why is it called a headrest? You rest your head on it, most drivers havnt worked this out yet, so adjust your seat, never take you head off that headrest whilst driving,
Next sit upright better, get a lower lumber support can help, too often we get lazy and slouch,

I’ve learnt to drive with different feet, to give one leg a rest, one side of your body builds up muscle and other side doesn’t,

exercise as much as can, don’t forget stretchs, build up your lower calf muscles, also lift weights,takes the pain off the back, and moves it elsewhere,

get a better bed, that also helps, sell all this helps me, but some days it’s just too unbearable, and have to med up

Mtbsrfun

Of course I didn’t watch the video, I don’t have back problems. I’m 31 and have been doing yoga and athletic training for over ten years. I’ve rehabbed myself from a torn knee and other issues. And in my experience roided out guys aren’t the ones to listen to when it comes to back problems; the hot yoga mum that’s 55 and looks 25 and can put her legs behind her head? Yeah I’ll take her advice. Kickboxers and professional athletes? I’ll take their advice.

try some yoga or pilates if you’re a beginner, they have so many free videos now.