• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Loving this new gig!

IronDonkey

I have been testing this app out for the past month on my days off. I have had great feedback from my customers and I am looking forward to what the future with UBER has in store for me. Almost every rider has tipped me thus far. I think it must be because I installed amazon Alexa in my vehicle haha.

25rides7daysaweek

View attachment 325287

I have been testing this app out for the past month on my days off. I have had great feedback from my customers and I am looking forward to what the future with UBER has in store for me. Almost every rider has tipped me thus far. I think it must be because I installed amazon Alexa in my vehicle haha.
I hate to break it to you as you are so happy right now. Your uber future is false accusations,deactivations and pay cuts. Be happy while you can. The honeymoon will be over soon enough. One piece of advice I will offer you is baby your transmission.. ps I still really like it too after over 2 years and 19000 rides..

IronDonkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate to break it to you as you are so happy right now. Your uber future is false accusations,deactivations and pay cuts. Be happy while you can. The honeymoon will be over soon enough. One piece of advice I will offer you is baby your transmission.. ps I still really like it too after over 2 years and 19000 rides..
Where do you drive at bud?

IronDonkey

Welcome to the forum. I do wish you the best. You will find we are very sarcastic here at times. Looking forward to more of your posts going forward.
Thanks TampaGuy. I shall keep you all posted. I am happier more then ever before. Used to work away from my family and now I am able to see my kids every day.

Last winter, 48 night shifts in a row up north. Then 3 days off and back up I went. Career change or mid life crisis but whatever it is, the grass was greener on the other side for once!
Post automatically merged:

I'm right outside of chicago. It's a fun job but once you get jaded by bad treatment by uber and the customers the magic kinda gets gone. Less than 5% of my riders tip btw so kudos on that....
One guy tipped me 10$ just cuz I walked into the strip club with them for 5 mins. Had to say hi to a buddy anyway lol.

TampaGuy

I am a single father of 4 children raising them alone after their mother abandoned them 4 years ago. I was in corporate jobs making very good salary all my life. Was laid off 2 years ago after a big corporate buyout. I’m close to retirement and this gig has helped me support them.

It’s better than an office, but can be grueling.

IronDonkey

I am a single father of 4 children raising them alone after their mother abandoned them 4 years ago. I was in corporate jobs making very good salary all my life. Was laid off 2 years ago after a big corporate buyout. I’m close to retirement and this gig has helped me support them.

It’s better than an office, but can be grueling.

I was in the oil field and was hit hard with the recessions here in Canada so I can relate! I have 3 kids myself. My wife and I are much happier now. Even though the salary is half of what it once was. Hoping this UBER biz can help us even a little!

IronDonkey

I think this is so funny. Been driving UBER for 3 years and thinks he is the “king of the castle”

Same as the guys at the plant that I work at.
I have more work experience then all of them yet they think their shit don’t stink haha.

I am 39 years old, been driving to the rig usually 3hrs per work shift for the past 18 years.

I am a people person and have a huge network here. Pretty sure I can drive UBER just as good as anyone. Just sayin’

I think this is so funny. Been driving UBER for 3 years and thinks he is the “king of the castle”

I have more work experience then all of them yet they think their shit don’t stink haha.

I am 39 years old, been driving to the rig usually 3hrs per work shift for the past 18 years.

I am a people person and have a huge network here. Pretty sure I can drive UBER just as good as anyone. Just sayin’

This UBER gig should be a good retirement hustle hey? Whatcha think? I wish the best for your autistic son! Be proud!

This UBER gig should be a good retirement hustle hey? Whatcha think? I wish the best for your autistic son! Be proud!
That last message was meant for Carblar btw.

The previous message was meant for Carblar lol. Sorry

Last edited:

Invisible

Irond,

It’s good you truly enjoy Uber R/S. It may appear that some are negative, but that is because there is truth to what they’re saying.

You may be one of the fortunate ones who never receives a false allegation, but one thing is guaranteed with Uber, your pay will be cut sometime.

Although I didn’t do Uber R/S as long as the majority of many on here, I know all about Uber’s antics from Eats. There is truth to what others wrote.

I only did 141 Uber R/S rides, and I stayed steady at 5 - 4.99 for 140 rides. On the 141st ride, I received my first 2, dropped to 4.95. That was also after a rider complained to Uber. I have since been just doing Lyft.

Yet that rider and his buddies tried sneaking a beer in my car. I noticed it before we were leaving. After several attempts of asking them to remove it, they didn’t, so I told them to get out. Coincidence, I doubt it. It was retaliation.

I have the same first two. I know many have many more than me, but I know it doesn’t matter. It’s nice customers rate us positively. But a tip means so much more. ?

Attachments

Last edited:

IronDonkey

Irond,

It’s good you truly enjoy Uber R/S. It may appear that some are negative, but that is because there is truth to what they’re saying.

You may be one of the fortunate ones who never receives a false allegation, but one thing is guaranteed with Uber, your pay will be cut sometime.

Although I didn’t do Uber R/S as long as the majority of many on here, I know all about Uber’s antics from Eats. There is truth to what others wrote.

I only did 141 Uber R/S rides, and I stayed steady at 5 - 4.99 for 140 rides. On the 141st ride, I received my first 2, dropped to 4.95. That was also after a rider complained to Uber. I have since been just doing Lyft.

Yet that rider and his buddies tried sneaking a beer in my car. I noticed it before just we were leaving. After several attempts of asking them to remove it, they didn’t, so I told them to get out. Coincidence, I doubt it. It was retaliation.

I have the same first two. I know many have many more than me, but I know it doesn’t matter. It’s nice customers rate us positively. But a tip means so much more. ?
Now that is a great informative comment. I appreciate that. Those are the explanations I am looking for as I start my endeavour with UBER. I like it because I can do it on my days off from my regular job.

U/L guy

View attachment 325287

[/QUOTE
Dara is that you spoofing again ?