LOVE TO LYFT....NO SURGE NO RIDE....CANCELLATIONS...NO UBER POOL...WALK THE WALK!

MulletMan

I've been on this forum for a month now. Dam I wish I had read before I started. SO many mistakes. Now, I have moved into 'rookie' category from 'noober'. I am one of those who is not super bitter at Uber because I started at the low rates AND 25% cut for the man. However, I want to be a smarter driver. It's all about the money right?

I am challenging ALL drivers to:

0. Uber Passenger App ON for true surging times and rates.
1. Uber Driver App off until surge.
2. Collect as many cancel fees as possible.
3. NO Uber Pool.
4. Lyft App on always except Uber rides.
5. Walk the Walk; Post That Screenshot!

I realize the possibility of this having an impact is slim to none. However, unless you HAVE to have the cash to survive, we can implement the above strategy to increase per trip/per hour/per mile cash in our pockets; and in the process send the shaft to UBER and spread the love to LYFT. If we do nothing we can expect further abuse; rate cuts, pool shoved down our throats, etc. Nothing worse than a pax canceling surge, pax waiting three minutes and then getting a fare non surge. It's not a fight with pax; it's a game. I like winning!

POST THAT SHITE!!! DON'T BE A TUFF GUY AND TALK THE TALK; BE A MAN AND WALK THE WALK.

I'll start the posting sshot. See the VIP won the game last night. I didn't shut off my app fast enough; plus I accepted without a surge. I should have ACRO. RISE UP!! :cool:

Screenshot_2016-03-17-10-03-20.png

andaas

AllenChicago -

When creating a post, there is a button between "Post Reply" and "More Options..." (or "Reply to Thread" and "Preview", if in the advanced view), that is labeled, "Upload a File".

Click on that button, and you can upload an image (up to 1MB in size) to the forum for posting. After your file is uploaded, it will either appear as a clickable link in your post, or you have the option of placing the image within the contents of your post.

I have had problems with the default upload mechanism lately, if you experience problems with that tool, such as upload fails, etc., do the following:
  1. Mouse over your username in the top-right area of forum screen.
  2. Select "preferences".
  3. Uncheck "Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments".
  4. Save Changes.
Then try uploading via the normal forum tool.

USArmy31B30

You are right! Work Uber surge ONLY!

In my case, which I normally drive LYFT, but I also use Uber to cut down dead mile costs... For instance I picked up a pax from the strip to a residential area say 8 miles away. Coming back to the strip empty handed would cost me $3-$5 so instead, I turn on my Uber app and try to catch a non surge trip back to the strip. 8/10 I do find one near the area where I dropped off the pax within 2-10 mins and either they are going to the strip or to the airport and the airport is right next to the strip so it only make sense.

I always hang around the gas stations or McD's for a quick break while waiting for a request anyway, so it works perfectly almost everytime.

Just one correction, Lyft is no better than Uber.

Lyft is LESS WORSE than Uber... :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 109

MulletMan

Just one correction, Lyft is no better than Uber.

I beg to differ Borat; at least in my area, LYFT charges pax more and takes 5% less commish and a tip option. The only way to get more $$ out of UBER pax? Surge only. Thanks for the auto tip UBER. :cool:

Contuber

In my area, the commission is the same, rates are about the same.

The market is saturated with Lyft drivers, and Uber pax switched to Lyft and they don't tip.

Several weeks ago, 1/6 or 1/7 of my Lyft pax tipped. Last week, I made $700 with guarantees, 50+ trips, had only $20 tips, and $12 of them were from the same girl. So, $8 tips from 50 trips is a joke.

Now the guarantee is over, and I see no reason to drive for Lyft at all. With Uber, at least you can snatch a surge ride.

MulletMan

dam that sux man. I don't know what to say. maybe if you told all you pax to f*** o** the misery could be over for you very soon. :cool:

I know you don't care, but until the ratio gets below 1.0, I'm trudging on.

mullet-ratio.jpg

uberpa

In my area, the commission is the same, rates are about the same.

The market is saturated with Lyft drivers, and Uber pax switched to Lyft and they don't tip.

Several weeks ago, 1/6 or 1/7 of my Lyft pax tipped. Last week, I made $700 with guarantees, 50+ trips, had only $20 tips, and $12 of them were from the same girl. So, $8 tips from 50 trips is a joke.

Now the guarantee is over, and I see no reason to drive for Lyft at all. With Uber, at least you can snatch a surge ride.
The lyft guarantee is still on here in PA.
Just did 2 trips in 2 hours. A nice girl tipped $10 cash.
And managed to stuck an uber 2.1x in the middle with $5 tip.

MulletMan

But, I must defend myself to the Uber Haters on this forum. My experience with Uber and Lyft has been nothing but positive. Now I can talk to people without stuttering (as long as I don't look directly at them or in a mirror). I've also let go of silly hopes and dreams to be a Jedi. Just look at the difference in me from the above picture to how I was just last summer before Ridesharing. :cool:

2016-03-17 18_33_41-Capture.png

MulletMan

And another note: anytime anyone posts in a thread I started; I give an automatic like. Even if I think you are a f***** p**** o* s***, I respect you for your opinion, and, like me, you can still have hopes of getting the much coveted 'more likes than posts' trophy on this forum. That means SO much more to me than a stupid 5* rating. :cool:

2016-03-17 19_10_39-Capture.png

Attachments

• 2016-03-17 19_10_39-Capture.png
    2016-03-17 19_10_39-Capture.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

uberpa

Wait till you have to email uber more than 10 times to get your money back! Some scumbags claimed false report to uber to get away with the fare. Uber refunded those scumbags without asking the driver every time!
On lyft, got 1 stars from college b i t c h e s all the time.
And It's been almost 10 days since I submitted a ticket to lyft. Still hear nothing!

UberKK

I've been on this forum for a month now. Dam I wish I had read before I started. SO many mistakes. Now, I have moved into 'rookie' category from 'noober'. I am one of those who is not super bitter at Uber because I started at the low rates AND 25% cut for the man. However, I want to be a smarter driver. It's all about the money right?

3. NO Uber Pool.

I realize the possibility of this having an impact is slim to none. However, unless you HAVE to have the cash to survive, we can implement the above strategy to increase per trip/per hour/per mile cash in our pockets; and in the process send the shaft to UBER and spread the love to LYFT. If we do nothing we can expect further abuse; rate cuts, pool shoved down our throats, etc. Nothing worse than a pax canceling surge, pax waiting three minutes and then getting a fare non surge. It's not a fight with pax; it's a game. I like winning!

POST THAT SHITE!!! DON'T BE A TUFF GUY AND TALK THE TALK; BE A MAN AND WALK THE WALK.

I'll start the posting sshot. See the VIP won the game last night. I didn't shut off my app fast enough; plus I accepted without a surge. I should have ACRO. RISE UP!! :cool:

View attachment 32293

3. NO Uber Pool.

View attachment 32293

I like it......in DC Uber is non stop pings or whatever that sound is.........LYFT has the Power Driver Bonus......Uber Pool is insane. People are requesting that KNOWING there is no way we would pick anyone up on the routed destiniation, I had a drive from Arlington to Glebe Rd for a MONSTER POOL fare of 3.68. What is that???

MulletMan

And another note: anytime anyone posts in a thread I started; I give an automatic like. Even if I think you are a f***** p**** o* s***, I respect you for your opinion, and, like me, you can still have hopes of getting the much coveted 'more likes than posts' trophy on this forum. That means SO much more to me than a stupid 5* rating. :cool:

Oh i just found out I can reply to myself....:cool:

"Hello MulletMan,

Your post above violates our rules by trying to circumvent our bad word filters or implying words that aren't tolerated here on our forums. We want to foster a community that isn't offensive. Please discontinue making such posts going forward. Failure to do so can result in more serious disciplinary action towards your membership on this site. "

I offer a complete and utter retraction....:cool: