Lots of driver in Nashville

shams

There too many drivers now in Nashville and lots keep doing it and happy I see lots of slavery going on wondering is it really worth it am one of the oldest driver in the company working since 2014 ended up with junk after 3 years my 2014 Nissan is a junk car and I didn't end up with 100 000 saving .you drive for uber for 3.20 and you have to drive in the traffic to pick up the customer and the customer is still in the bathroom or eating or didn't pay his crap and drive him in the traffic and get 3.20 .just one question when we going to say enough when we gonna take control it's our life what we risk it's our cars that we drive and uber take all the money and leave us dealing with everything plz stop driving one day and see what gonna happen plz show them we have rights plz stop uber from slaving us plz wake-up plz be united

Robert G

I've also driven since 2014 this trend is unlikely to change. The only choice is to suck it up and take what you get or move on to something else. There is always someone who will take your place. The days of surg is likely over with so many drivers. My heart goes out to the full time drivers who work 60 + hours a week and run their cars into the ground. But this is the reality. Ridesharing can become addictive to some, meeting new people and you never know where you are going. If people are unhappy doing rideshare it is liberating to cut it loose and move on. I rarely drive anymore I can find part time jobs that pay more and I don't have to ruin my car to do it. But I keep on doing uber like everyone else. Uber on

Memphis1979

I've recently started doing this to make ends meet, to have something to do on the weekends, and to have some new experiences.

I would expect for things to pick up in the summer, with more tourists coming into town.

I didn't work much last week, I stayed in Clarksville, and I made about a hundred.

The week before, I hit Nashville hard, and I made 450 over the weekend. Weather was good, had a few surge fares from West end. Lots of sorority girls were rushing, lots of parties.

This is part time for me. I understand that full time drivers probably hate me. That's ok, it's a free market. I sit in one spot, wait to get pinged, and off I go.

I've had issues with uber customer support, and I certainly won't be out every weekend this summer. But making 400 dollars twice a month extra, helps tremendously.

I don't see the trend lessening. I know, if you qualify, you can drive for uber and lyft.

Hawkdallas

Hey guys im down in jacksonville florida. Yea saturation has gotten bad here too. But im curious about nashville. Can you work 8 hours there on an average day and at least gross a 100$ or more?

I know here on a slow day like Wednesday i can do 8 hours and make like 85 or something. But on a friday i can do like 120 to 150. Now thats before i take out fuel

But my family lives a few hours from there and was just curious about how uber is there

Haines

There too many drivers now in Nashville and lots keep doing it and happy I see lots of slavery going on wondering is it really worth it am one of the oldest driver in the company working since 2014 ended up with junk after 3 years my 2014 Nissan is a junk car and I didn't end up with 100 000 saving .you drive for uber for 3.20 and you have to drive in the traffic to pick up the customer and the customer is still in the bathroom or eating or didn't pay his crap and drive him in the traffic and get 3.20 .just one question when we going to say enough when we gonna take control it's our life what we risk it's our cars that we drive and uber take all the money and leave us dealing with everything plz stop driving one day and see what gonna happen plz show them we have rights plz stop uber from slaving us plz wake-up plz be united
As long as people hold off accepting rides waiting for surges, Uber and Lyft will continue saturating the market with drivers. Common sense. We lose in the long run.

Haines

Wish drivers would quit telling people where to go to get rides. Saw another driver tonight that comes every weekend just to drive in Nashville.

Roadrage Ranger

I've recently started doing this to make ends meet, to have something to do on the weekends, and to have some new experiences.

I would expect for things to pick up in the summer, with more tourists coming into town.

I didn't work much last week, I stayed in Clarksville, and I made about a hundred.

The week before, I hit Nashville hard, and I made 450 over the weekend. Weather was good, had a few surge fares from West end. Lots of sorority girls were rushing, lots of parties.

This is part time for me. I understand that full time drivers probably hate me. That's ok, it's a free market. I sit in one spot, wait to get pinged, and off I go.

I've had issues with uber customer support, and I certainly won't be out every weekend this summer. But making 400 dollars twice a month extra, helps tremendously.

I don't see the trend lessening. I know, if you qualify, you can drive for uber and lyft.
As you will see, Nashville is NOT much of a tourist town. Sure, we have 'em, and we're famous as a bachelor party Mecca, but our hospitality industry is driven more by conventions than tourists.
Conventions tend to fall more heavily in the Spring and the Fall, and convention planners like to plan for maximum attendance. In the Summer, folks go on vacations, and Winter is dragged down by the holidays and bad weather.

theLaw

+Buy a Uber or Lyft flashing light-up sign

+Attach sign to front inside window

+Park outside near any large congregation of people in the suburbs after 7:00pm
(Movie Theaters, local Sporting events, Mall, etc)

Won't necessarily make you rich, but it's very consistent. Downtown Nashville is a sh*t-show, and best avoided if possible.

Brentwood, Franklin, Belle Meade, and Green Hills are still decent places to drive if you stay close to large groups.:biggrin:

As you will see, Nashville is NOT much of a tourist town. Sure, we have 'em, and we're famous as a bachelor party Mecca, but our hospitality industry is driven more by conventions than tourists.
Conventions tend to fall more heavily in the Spring and the Fall, and convention planners like to plan for maximum attendance. In the Summer, folks go on vacations, and Winter is dragged down by the holidays and bad weather.

Seriously? I just drove yesterday for 6 hours, had 10 trips and made $100. I had folks from Michigan, Illinois, Philadelphia, California and Norway.

My wife is a bartender downtown and sees literally hundreds of people in town from somewhere else.

Nashville is VERY much a tourist city. Yes, conventions are huge as well but the tourism is equal or greater.

Robert G

Hey guys im down in jacksonville florida. Yea saturation has gotten bad here too. But im curious about nashville. Can you work 8 hours there on an average day and at least gross a 100$ or more?

I know here on a slow day like Wednesday i can do 8 hours and make like 85 or something. But on a friday i can do like 120 to 150. Now thats before i take out fuel

But my family lives a few hours from there and was just curious about how uber is there
Some days its steak and some days bologna mostly bologna. It is hit and miss I think you would have to work 12 hours for 100. It all depends on a ride that's going to net you more than the minimum fare. So make you a sandwich and enjoy.

Haines

Some days its steak and some days bologna mostly bologna. It is hit and miss I think you would have to work 12 hours for 100. It all depends on a ride that's going to net you more than the minimum fare. So make you a sandwich and enjoy.
True

tomoszo

I agree; this is just modern day slavery. The rich are getting richer off the poor. And the city, state and the federal government is allowing this for selfish reasons.

theLaw

Been driving in Nashville since 2014.

Last night there were massive "surges" ($5-11) across the Nashville area for a good portion of the evening.

While I agree with your assessment of Uber/Lyft in general, there is still money to be made if you drive strategically.

The problem is that a full-timer would have to work an unreasonable schedule to see a consistent paycheck, so it's only available part-time.

georgiahomeboy

there's an endless supply of immigrant drivers with a different idea of what fair pay is. you are one of them judging by your English. don't be mad when you are essentially part of the problem.

Alex3001

It’s riff off
Post automatically merged:

Uber Pat is ok since Uber offers more surge in different areas but lyft is the main problem, when surge is on for Uber 2.0 or even 4.0 and Lyft does not offer surge same way as Uber does; therefore, is effecting all drivers when lyft is cheaper then most of e customers chose lyft then Uber do to prices they charge their riders.