• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Lot @ SFO full of damaged cars and many with expired registration.

Should we rat on drivers who are not paying their registration? How about those driving damaged cars

• Mind your own business.

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Only report damaged cars. Someone may have stole their sticker.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Report those that break the rules You owe it to drivers who follow the rules

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

UberXking

SFO lot is full of drivers that break the rules Nearly every car is in the lot for longer than the maximum (30 min) posted Many have fallen asleep having drivin from as far south as San Diego. This results in the lot often being filled to capacity forcing 100’s of drivers to circle the staging area on city streets.

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

SFO lot is full of drivers that break the rules Nearly every car is in the lot for longer than the maximum (30 min) posted Many have fallen asleep having drivin from as far south as San Diego. This results in the lot often being filled to capacity forcing 100’s of drivers to circle the staging area on city streets.
Some of them will be newly-purchased cars with temporary registrations taped to the windshield. Just after I got my latest hooptie a cop strolled up to my window, feeling pleased with himself because he thought he was going to get some business out of me. "Yawanna tell me why your tags are expired?", he drawled. I told him that the registration was on the windshield, he had a look and then went away disappointed.

By the way, who checks out other cars' tags?

Last edited:

sanchez15

You're a dork.

mikeslemonade

Got my first fine in 2 years at sfo. They caught me with no official uber trade dress. Well next time I won't hang around waiting. If they aren't already there I will just leave. lol I'm not putting those stickers on my car. I don't want to be known as a rideshare driver in the city.

The Gift of Fish

Got my first fine in 2 years at sfo. They caught me with no official uber trade dress. Well next time I won't hang around waiting. If they aren't already there I will just leave. lol I'm not putting those stickers on my car. I don't want to be known as a rideshare driver in the city.
How much is the fine?

roadrunna

I don't have the stickers either! Where did they get you, at the staging lot? Or at the terminals? How much is the fine?

Strange Fruit

"U owe it to those that follow the rules"
What if u only follow the rules cuz u fear neg consequences? Do u still get to feel self righteous?

Mole

First I would like to say the SFO lot is a bad design as a staging area. Second every time I'm there I see drivers doing illegal U-turns and cutting in front of the line constantly it is just wrong. Third how hard is it to follow the rules they are pretty easy and a child could do it but people choose not to. I have no pity for anyone getting a ticket and I hope they crack down on people left and right. As for reporting people unless they are a danger to others I would not cross that line because simply you may not have all the facts.

emmhope

First I would like to say the SFO lot is a bad design as a staging area. Second every time I'm there I see drivers doing illegal U-turns and cutting in front of the line constantly it is just wrong. Third how hard is it to follow the rules they are pretty easy and a child could do it but people choose not to. I have no pity for anyone getting a ticket and I hope they crack down on people left and right. As for reporting people unless they are a danger to others I would not cross that line because simply you may not have all the facts.
The drivers you see doing dumb stuff don’t think much of it , just newbies being newbies.

Hillary_Clinton

SFO is a cool place to meet up with other drivers. However not always a big profitable place to hang out. It nice to get out , stretch ur legs and shoot the shet. But if I do sfo I just can’t help myself trying to make a few extra bucks. Surge windows are far and between now and if you don’t know how to game the system you won’t get a ping. I don’t get mad at cutters or overstayers but the airport bureau is cracking down more since the traffic around the lot is out of control.
B4A32B72-13E2-4D92-929E-74DA743B2562.png
514E105B-3063-4CBA-80AA-508633D596E3.png

Mole

The drivers you see doing dumb stuff don’t think much of it , just newbies being newbies.
No these are not all newbies they are regulars because I'm there several times a week and see the same drivers doing it. I would say they are the younger drivers with less respect.

emmhope

No these are not all newbies they are regulars because I'm there several times a week and see the same drivers doing it. I would say they are the younger drivers with less respect.
There are stages to being an Uber driver and those guys are in that phase where they think they can get away with anything like taxi drivers do.

I remember those days lol

SirSurge

I've never had a problem just keeping a sticker in my door compartment and throwing it on the dash, along the also stored airport placard, whenever I get an airport ride.

The ticket person sees the trade dress and it'd be weird for them to take issue with it being on the dash and not actually the window.

Then it's promptly removed upon leaving airport... Also nice to have a sticker to wave around to signal dumbass riders who want to check your vin number or something before getting in the car.

I feel you stance on not looking like an uber driver around the city but... Dude...