1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Lost wallet boardwalk orangevale

Discussion in 'Sacramento' started by Alecconroy, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Hey I am a rider, I got picked up last night from Boardwalk in orangvale. I left my wallet in the car. No cash just cards. I payed the driver in cash and didn't use the uber app because it was down. He was around 40 and from India, he works in IT and does uber on the side. His name started with a B and was hard to pronounce he had a Toyota Camry with black rims. Does anyone know him and could they give him my phone number. 916 899 8917 I will pay him a reward or gas to get it to me. I can meet him anywhere
    Thanks for the help.
    I contacted uber via email and they have yet to help me.

2. elelegido

elelegido

Uber was "down"? Then how did you make the request, how did he receive it and how did he locate you? Nah... sounds like he scammed you with a gypsy ride curbside. Say goodbye to your wallet.

3. He was outside the concert he had a uber account, he had a phone he tried to open it and it just stayed in the refresh sign so he took us anyway hahaha but that would make sense

4. Is there uber dispatch I can call to find out his name and number ?

5. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    Did you request the ride on the Uber app on your phone ? If so, then go into the rider app, menu, history and the ride should be there.

If you didn't, we are talking an illegal street hail. Keep a close eye on the credit card and see where the next charge is made from. I know you are supposed to just cancel them, but if you can track them in real time, you can find out where your wallet is.

6. elelegido

elelegido

LOL, Uber dispatch.

You'd have to email Uber support. Just tell them that you took a ride from some driver who showed you a phone that might have had Uber on it, and that it was some Indian dude in a Camry. They'll sort you right out.

Fuzzyelvis likes this.
  7. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
  8. elelegido

elelegido

I have not had my morning coffee yet. Posts may contain traces of sarcasm or crabbiness.

Fuzzyelvis likes this.
  9. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    If you did request the ride on your own phone, the driver should have done the ride and then told Uber start and end locations later on his app to get paid along with an explanation. Losing the connection happens all the time. If he is legit and a new driver, he may not know that, but offering to help you out anyway.

Just curious Original poster, how many times have you used Uber before?

10. X_916

X_916

Your sol buddy

11. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    If it wasn't through the uber app you are not a customer and I doubt they'll give a flying f***.

Cancel the cards and chalk it up to experience.