Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lost Item At Wells Fargo Center (76ers)

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  DelaJoe 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up this gentleman and his wife in Old City around 1pm today. He was one of those front runner Philadelphia fans that doesn't know jack shit about basketball and is clearly along for the ride. He had the Eastern Conference ALLLLL figured out. Here was his plan:

Pax: "Well, we win today, close it out in Toronto, then get some rest before the Eastern Conference Finals. I'm just hoping that Boston and the Bucks beat each other up. If that series ends up going 7 games we'll be on easy street"

Me: "EEEEaasssy buddy. You might want to pump the brakes a bit. 2-1 is nothing and I wouldn't be surprised if Leonard dropped 40 today"

In addition, as we were having this conversation, his wife was on the phone with her son. She told him that she ran into one of his friends but they couldn't figure quite out which one it was. Her description was priceless.

Mrs. Pax: "Ummm, well he was tall, black skinned and his hair was nappy" (After I made eye contact with her in the rear view mirror) "Oh but he was a beautiful man"

Can't make it up...

Sooooo after the Sixers lost and Kawhi dropped 39, I was already a few beverages deep.
I grabbed a piece of scrap paper and on it I wrote "Game 4"
I placed my keys on top of this note and snapped a pic.
Then I reported a "lost item" to Uber and listed the front running pax as the owner.

I'll gladly take the inevitable 1 star :smiles:

See less See more
#14 ·
With our history? No, never did.
Any combo of Durant, Kemba, Leonard, Jaa or Zion will work for me.
Honestly? My dream scenario would be Zion, Kemba and Leonard just from an age/durability standpoint.

Or if we get the 3rd pick then maybe we get creative, convince Kemba to take less and trade the pick to Nola for AD

#15 ·
The first rule is the passenger is always right. Please don't come on to the passenger that you know more about a specific subject like NBA basketball, politics, or cross stitching. Even if you do know more, you are a stupid Uber driver in their eyes. Act your role. Keep your mouth shut. Nod your head and make eye contact and smile. You will get the tip. Go Sixers.....not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.