Losing Industry!

Inshur

Ublet678

I'm not coming on here to vent or complain but I need to here from other business owners not just drivers how are you surviving in this climate? . The fact I had more money in my Bank account before investing in being an owner operator. This past summer has taken its toll, with the consistent repair cost and down time withe the Escalade, every five minutes I turn around Ez pass is syphon in 200$- 300$ , these 25 mile an hour traffic cameras are starting to amount to in excess of 500$ or more, I haven't even begun to mention rising gas and oil prices daily operations cost, even car washes are increasing their prices. The continued lack of work and low income, I have financed my living expenses within the last 4 months solely on savings. The trends these companies are implementing are crippling us owners . Even black car Bases are starting to do pools you get a job with 3 stops? ??. I am not looking for jokes I am looking for real responses from serious owners facing these issue and possibly have a strategy. I can't be the only one going through these issues, the industry is sending all of us to bankruptcy, we are being extorted what are we going to do about it

jerseyboys

I'm not coming on here to vent or complain but I need to here from other business owners not just drivers how are you surviving in this climate? . The fact I had more money in my Bank account before investing in being an owner operator. This past summer has taken its toll, with the consistent repair cost and down time withe the Escalade, every five minutes I turn around Ez pass is syphon in 200$- 300$ , these 25 mile an hour traffic cameras are starting to amount to in excess of 500$ or more, I haven't even begun to mention rising gas and oil prices daily operations cost, even car washes are increasing their prices. The continued lack of work and low income, I have financed my living expenses within the last 4 months solely on savings. The trends these companies are implementing are crippling us owners . Even black car Bases are starting to do pools you get a job with 3 stops? ??. I am not looking for jokes I am looking for real responses from serious owners facing these issue and possibly have a strategy. I can't be the only one going through these issues, the industry is sending all of us to bankruptcy, we are being extorted what are we going to do about it

Are you only doing app base?

ubernyc

How is it considered if ur doing 3 stops? You get paid to make stops.. idk what kind of base you're working for.

K.O.N.Y

I would do a voluntary repo with that Escalade through a Honda or Toyota dealer. You pick a car u want off there lot and they'll take that Escalade back to GM.
I saw this done Sunday at a Kia dealership in Westchester.

Mr. Affinito

Mr Ublet: First, I want you to know that I hear you and I'm sorry you're experiencing these challenges however, I don't think the industry is losing. I think a lot of drivers (owner-operators) are making a lot of bad decisions. This ridesharing business is kinda like a new "business" so that means people interested in it as their major source of income should consider all the details before investing. Now, these guys ride my azz for buying a cheap Honda... but you invested in a CADILLAC !! The upkeep, the gas, etc. It's an expensive car to maintain. I know these older people that have a Cadillac and they have an extended warranty. That car costs sooooo much to fix.... every few months, it's something else.

tommy4689

You are doing something wrong ... very wrong! Feel free to shoot me a PM we can chat. With a nice car like Escalade you should be making BANK, there is guys making 6-700 a day doing 2-3 jobs and you shouldn't settle for less! Forget about Apps get into a real luxury base and do private work it's the only way to make what you deserve as long as you are a good driver and have at least a bit of personality!

MoYusufNYC

I filed for bankruptcy last week. Waiting on the bank to take the car. Fresh start

Millio007

How is ez-pass setting you back 200-300???? do you have it set up right.......Direct funds from your checking daily instead of that BS threshold upcharge they do.

Uberman8263

Sadly you entered the industry as it is entering a death spiral. The only hope is that the courts rule that Uber ants are to be considered employees. This will allow Uber to terminate the great bulk of its independent contractors. Uber can not afford having cars spaced out every other block. This will allow the remaining drivers the chance to make a decent living. The drivers dropped by Uber will probably return to yellow allowing yellow to survive. To think that Uber will totally destroy yellow is silly, and to think apps will disappear is just as silly. Hopefully the industry will stabilize. I would imagine that the drivers "milking" Uber will be the first to get the axe.

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
First of all, SLOW the @@@@ down. Why are you getting SPEED violations in new york city from a camera?

Second, remove your EZpass from being auto-filled by your credit card. The more tolls you use every 3 months, the higher the "pre-authorized charge" is. At one point mines was at 150 dollars, and I removed it, so they charge me PER toll straight from my checking account, and no longer had them taking 150 dollars at a time.

Have you tried looking for a Luxury base that is more active? You don't have to remain loyal to a company, you go where the money is.

At this point in your life, you may have to consider selling the car out right, because if you continue losing money... you will simply be out of money and also owe a huge amount on a loan if you have one.

How long have you been in this industry? How many years?

Inshur New York