Losing Full Time Job - Must Rely on UBER Now!!

rlamas67

Hello Fellow Uber Family,

I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the right area but I'll give this a try.

beggining of this month we were told our jobs were getting to shipped to California and our end date would be Sept 29th :frown:.. I've been with my company for 10yrs so it's a little scary to think of change however I've been a part time UBER driver for over 2 yrs now and have around 5,500 trips under my belt.. how well do you think a UBER X can do out there in a week full time? my best "part time" week was around $1,100 combined with LYFT.. do you think that sounds about right or can I possibly make more since I'll be able to do some morning trips?

#GodBlessAmerica

thank you,
Ruben

HotRodriguez75

$1000-$1500 is a realistic number which you will be busting out a lot of hours and miles on Uber X. $1000 is a lot of hours and I can only imagine $1500.

Then your car repairs and maintenance are accelerated. Find another job asap.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-26_13-39-47.png
    upload_2017-9-26_13-39-47.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 67

Dallas Uber

Hello Fellow Uber Family,

I'm not really sure if I'm posting in the right area but I'll give this a try.

beggining of this month we were told our jobs were getting to shipped to California and our end date would be Sept 29th :frown:.. I've been with my company for 10yrs so it's a little scary to think of change however I've been a part time UBER driver for over 2 yrs now and have around 5,500 trips under my belt.. how well do you think a UBER X can do out there in a week full time? my best "part time" week was around $1,100 combined with LYFT.. do you think that sounds about right or can I possibly make more since I'll be able to do some morning trips?

#GodBlessAmerica

thank you,
Ruben

You will need to drive 60-65 hours a week to make $1000 on uberx

You will need to drive 60-65 hours a week to make $1000 on uberx

And that's $1000 before gas and depreciation!

newdriverintown

Don't invest on a Select car, unless you have another source of income on top of Uber/Lyft to pay for the vehicle; and still, I wouldn't advise you to do that bc your luxury vehicle will depreciate and everything everyone has already said; even if you live in Uptown, you still won't get enough requests. I live here and some days I get 7-10 requests; other days 0... it's unpredictable. I found out going to Love Field is ok to get requests for Select/Premier, but you might wait 2 hrs. If you're lucky, you will take them to ft worth and get rougher 60-70. That's my input. Stick to an X vehicle, cheapest in price with good gas mileage.

Dallas Uber

Don't invest on a Select car, unless you have another source of income on top of Uber/Lyft to pay for the vehicle; and still, I wouldn't advise you to do that bc your luxury vehicle will depreciate and everything everyone has already said; even if you live in Uptown, you still won't get enough requests. I live here and some days I get 7-10 requests; other days 0... it's unpredictable. I found out going to Love Field is ok to get requests for Select/Premier, but you might wait 2 hrs. If you're lucky, you will take them to ft worth and get rougher 60-70. That's my input. Stick to an X vehicle, cheapest in price with good gas mileage.

LOL that someone thinks the $30,000, millionaires in uptown will get select. Hell, they don't even tip and try to fit five in an uberx. You real think these high class folks will pay double for select?!?

Mikek999

$150 = about 8-10 hours day
$200 = about 10-14 hours per day

So in a good week $1400 for 98 hours. Or about $14 per hour minus expenses like tolls, gas, wear, and cleaning.

YEP! Living the big life here!

rlamas67

Not trying to live the big life just trying to pay bills while unemployed and looks like UBER will help. Yes it isn't the most ideal situation but it will work for now.

PsychoMiko

It's possible with a strategic game plan to get 1K after expenses putting in 55-60 hours a week on Uber X. This involves a lot of luck, early mornings, generous tips, and minimal rush hour short runs. The key is being on the road when most people don't want to work.

Cary Grant

I average over $20 per hour, NET of fuel, before tips. This isn't a job, though. I don't get paid by the hour. I earn profits from exchanging my sofa time for driver's seat time.

I used to think I had to drive at certain times, but that's not necessarily true. During the few days my day job was slow because of Hurricane Harvey, I went out and drove during those so-called "slow" hours and continued to earn the same over time.

I think some drivers just develop a sixth sense of where to head next after each drop off. Plus, we do certain things that keep that bell dinging.

Scru

How do you drive 40 hrs/week and still calling yourself part time? Isn’t it a full time job already?