• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Losing faith in humanity

las347

Girl gets out slams my door against the curb...says "Oh shit please dont give me 1 star!"

All she cared about is her ranking instead of the fact that she just cost me a few hundred dollars worth of damage to my car.

I am defeated..had to come home early to calm myself down...the best part is I have to go out again tomorrow to do it all over again.

Old Smokey

Girl gets out slams my door against the curb...says "Oh shit please dont give me 1 star!"

All she cared about is her ranking instead of the fact that she just cost me a few hundred dollars worth of damage to my car.

I am defeated..had to come home early to calm myself down...the best part is I have to go out again tomorrow to do it all over again.
Did you give her a 1 STAR?

las347

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you give her a 1 STAR?
Of course I did and a look that pretty much said it all how I felt about her. What is mind boggling is that if you damage somebody's property you are reliable to fix it...but with rideshare its like a completely acceptable thing even though we make shit money.

newubernoob007

I feel like you really need Uber to eat and you deal with trash riders. I feel bad that you are down on your luck. Don't be suicidal or anything, I'll send you an In N Out gift card or something just say where for reals. Don't let these ppl get you down.

thyine

how much damage did that bump against the curb cost you? I'm all for drivers rights but half of you think your worth a million dollars...what are you gonna do when min wage is $15 and your happy meal costs you $17?

Trump Economics

Earlier tonight, I did 8 back-to-back Lyft Lines for $20 and lost it. "Do you like driving for Lyft," one person asked. "No, not really," I replied. And it was all downhill from there. Meh.

If it makes you feel any better, I was driving for Lyft for 2 years, got a new job, bought a new car to celebrate (no more Lyft), lost my job, and am back driving for Lyft, which means all these Lyft Line passengers get to spill on my leather, etc. Seriously, every day is an emotional struggle within myself.

You're not as alone as you may feel.

Trump Economics

Yikes. Its bad enough to have to do rideshare.......but pulling yourself out of it......and getting pulled back in would have me putting my .38 revolver in my mouth and saying goodnight
It's the hardest thing I've ever done. Every day I want to give up -- every day. As of now, I'm finding comfort in food, but my pants are starting to get tight so I gotta stop -- buying new pants will just be another expense.

Coaststarlight

Take picks, send to fuber. Maybe your be compensated, maybe not, I knew from the beginning that this stuff happens to the car (I started with the Enterprise contract) now whenever I here the door bottom grind into the corner of the curb I just say don't worry about it.

My thinking is that whether it sounds horrible or not so bad, the paint on the door edge had its fate sealed the moment the car was registered for rideshare, and that if someone ever really managed to actually cause any real damage I'll submit it to uber for compensation

If you can see nothing wrong with it and the door works fine, then just consider that it sounded way worse than it is, and at the very least you got to throw a 1* at the lady that did it

las347

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There were 3 of them...I stopped far away from the curb as I saw it was pretty high...her friend managed to open the rear door without hitting the curb..but this one just slammed the door wide open while looking at her phone.

Thanks all for the tips I'll e mail Fuber...there is a visible scratch and a little dent on my front passenger door.

Adieu

I'm missing something here. Does your vehicle sit so low that the door can actually hit a raised curb when opened?
Srsly

Even my bimmer can't do that...

And it's got <0.75" fender gap

Earlier tonight, I did 8 back-to-back Lyft Lines for $20 and lost it. "Do you like driving for Lyft," one person asked. "No, not really," I replied. And it was all downhill from there. Meh, f*** it.

If it makes you feel any better, I was driving for Lyft for 2 years, got a new job, bought a new car to celebrate (no more Lyft), lost my job, and am back driving for Lyft, which means all these Lyft Line passengers get to spill on my leather, etc. Seriously, every day is an emotional struggle within myself.

You're not as alone as you may feel.
Get a police surplus vehicle.

You'll seriously feel a lot better about the messes etc.

Dunno about Fuber, but Lyft charged paxhole $250 for this:

2017-02-24 03.43.42.png

Try it maybe they'll surprise you

Travis -k

What does fate have to do with this?
I have faith you will reply...