Los Angeles Lyft partnership with Hertz

"For a limited time, the weekly rate is $180 with unlimited mileage, plus taxes and fees.

The car has unlimited miles, and you will need to drive a minimum of 14 hours a week (any 14 hours you'd like) with Lyft while you have the car."

What say you? Better or worse than Uber's subprime leases?

Think they'll jack the price up quickly? And have a million hidden fees?

2MsBandT

Not sure if this applies to the LA market, but I read that they count your miles to your destination pick up as personal miles.:rolleyes:

Uhh, no thanks Lyft.:confused: At least with Uber, you pay a flat fee each week and your personal miles are included in the unlimited mileage.

No taxes or other fees with Uber, so I would say leasing is better than renting through Lyft.:wink:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure if this applies to the LA market, but I read that they count you miles to your destination pick up as personal miles.:rolleyes:

Uhh, no thanks Lyft.:confused: At least with Uber, you pay a flat fee each week and your personal miles are included in the unlimited mileage.

No taxes or other fees with Uber, so I would say leasing is better than renting through Lyft.:wink:
Thanks 2MsBandT, that makes sense.

I was skeptical of the "unlimited" miles and figured the taxes and fees had to be exorbitant