Lorena Gonzales

Jimmy44

Lorena Gonzales is the assemblywoman responsible for AB5. I am sure she is a nice person but when it comes to rideshare she does not have a clue. The things she wants rideshare companys to be responsible for is ludicrous.

Jimmy44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lorena Gonzales is the assemblywoman responsible for AB5. I am sure she is a nice person but when it comes to rideshare she does not have a clue. The things she wants rideshare companys to be responsible for is ludicrous.
Post automatically merged:

everythingsuber

Lorena is a very nice person with very high level of understanding of exactly what Uber and the other companies trying weasel their way out of ab5 are about. Lorena not being as easy to bully as your average politician is a bit novel but Uber will just have to get over that.

Lorena expects Uber to adhere to laws that Uber has spent millions upon millions trying avoid. Nothing new .

Jimmy44

Lorena is a very nice person with very high level of understanding of exactly what Uber and the other companies trying weasel their way out of ab5 are about. Lorena not being as easy to bully as your average politician is a bit novel but Uber will just have to get over that.

Lorena expects Uber to adhere to laws that Uber has spent millions upon millions trying avoid. Nothing new .
I really do not agree with anything you said except she does seem like a nice person.

Disagree.
I respect your opinion and agree to disagree.

everythingsuber

I really do not agree with anything you said except she does seem like a nice person.

I respect your opinion and agree to disagree.
What Lorena has done completely nailed Uber to the wall regarding its mistreatment of drivers and called them out on pretty much every lie and misrepresentation Uber has put forward fighting ab5
That’s been bourne out in today’s court decision.

Jimmy44

That’s California politics for you.
I’m surprised ridesharing hasn’t funded her opponent’s campaign.
I agree. Paid family leave and workman's comp. just a couple things that are ludicrous.

What Lorena has done completely nailed Uber to the wall regarding its mistreatment of drivers and called them out on pretty much every lie and misrepresentation Uber has put forward fighting ab5
That’s been bourne out in today’s court decision.
I think we are independent contractors not employee's.

Jimmy44

I still take the goodies Uber has given calif drivers, tho.
I am all for those goodies and wish Connecticut had them. I am very upset with Uber for taking them away from diamond drivers. However I do not expect Uber to give me all the perks of an employee.

Mista T

Author
I think we are independent contractors not employee's
If we are ICs then we need to be treated as ICs and we are not.

The choices are: treat drivers as ICs or treat them as employees. Since Uber refuses to treat us as ICs, they are being forced down the other road.

The problem is UBER. If they would simply follow the law from the very beginning, none of this would have ever come to fruition.

Treat us as ICs, 100% all the way, and all this other crap goes away. Give us the control over our own jobs, as the laws allow. None of this pick-and-choose what to give us garbage.

I applaud AB5 for FORCING Uber to do the right thing. No, they don't like it. Yes, they are doing everything they can to avoid it, including spreading lies about it. Don't get sucked into believing the hype they are backing. Think for yourself, and realize that this is the ONLY way that Uber will ever treat us better.

Jimmy44

If we are ICs then we need to be treated as ICs and we are not.

The choices are: treat drivers as ICs or treat them as employees. Since Uber refuses to treat us as ICs, they are being forced down the other road.

The problem is UBER. If they would simply follow the law from the very beginning, none of this would have ever come to fruition.

Treat us as ICs, 100% all the way, and all this other crap goes away. Give us the control over our own jobs, as the laws allow. None of this pick-and-choose what to give us garbage.

I applaud AB5 for FORCING Uber to do the right thing. No, they don't like it. Yes, they are doing everything they can to avoid it, including spreading lies about it.
In what way do they not treat us as independent contractors ?

Jimmy44

We are employee/IC hybrids and the law should recognize as such. Pure IC would mean drivers bidding for trips like auctions on eBay. Pure employee would mean scheduled shifts. I prefer the status quo.
I'm really trying to follow you but you are going in a lot of directions. You made up that name employee/independent contractor hybrid. I have never considered myself anything else but an independent contractor. Tell me how I can bid on a ride ?

I like the current status. I get full info ping and that is really all I wanted. I was already an employee for over 3 decades; done with that. A great many who want AB5 are clueless about what being a employee really really means. It is not rainbows and honey.
You make a lot of good points especially not wanting to be an employee. We all chose rideshare because it was as far from being an employee as possible. Just because I want full info pings, the old surge model and 6% bump in pay along with 75% split does not mean I want to be an employee. I just want fair pay for my independent contractor work.

Last edited:

Mista T

Author
For the record: I dont want to be an Uber employee.

--> An IC has the right to know everything that they are getting into (financial and otherwise) before they enter a contract. They also have the right to renegotiate as circumstances dictate. They dont need to drive to a pickup just to find out if want the ride or not! They can negotiate a different rate ON THE SPOT if need be. They have a right to know DETAILS about any accusations that might affect their livelihoods.

Think about your relationships with lawyers, plumbers, contractors, roofers, or anyone else who might be an IC. They know what they are getting into before saying yes. And they can renegotiate if something comes up during the job ("looks like that pipe is rusted out, sir. that will cost an extra $125 to fix.")

uberdriverfornow

ya she should be ashamed of herself for going out of her way to give drivers benefits they have never had before nor would they ever have had without her help

great "news" article you posted here as well