Loong Trip 120+

BikingBob

I assume the $100 was negotiated by @Ardery and paid in cash right? That's a miserable drive but not terrible money when all is said and done. What was their story for taking something so far on Uber? Missed a flight?

disp350

Probably was not too bad. I am looking on it on Google Maps now and with no traffic, its 2:45, so looks like good timing and good money for a 6 hour trip

paulmsr

Probably was not too bad. I am looking on it on Google Maps now and with no traffic, its 2:45, so looks like good timing and good money for a 6 hour trip
on that route its about 2:20, drive the speed limit no faster you can say about 2:30

anteetr

If he did it right, the only toll he paid was the NJTP and the GWB inbound, and the $1.50 on the GSP and the PA Turnpike between Bensalem and 476 coming back, with DF rides along the way.

Totals about $25.

Ardery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was the return comp from the pax or Uber?
From uber ?
LMAO
Post automatically merged:

I assume the $100 was negotiated by @Ardery and paid in cash right? That's a miserable drive but not terrible money when all is said and done. What was their story for taking something so far on Uber? Missed a flight?
a man wanted a ride back home for his 90 year old parents.
Post automatically merged:

If he did it right, the only toll he paid was the NJTP and the GWB inbound, and the $1.50 on the GSP and the PA Turnpike between Bensalem and 476 coming back, with DF rides along the way.

Totals about $25.
negotiated return compensation immediately. told him needed that upfront before the ride. they had some bags that needed to be loaded and unloaded when we got to destination. man paying said if I will help his parents unload. I said I'd be happy to.

the toll reimbursement on Uber app showed 31.00$

i made the ride 3 hours by locking my cruise control on 52 mph.
1- for the best gas mileage
2- fog was brutal during the drive. most people already going slower.

no DF rides back home, didn't want to be bothered. was already about 3am by the time I was near six flags. when I got back into PA, I turned DF on for the airport, and drove back via route 13 / Frankford Ave. had a few BS morning 4am rides, but didn't get a single airport ride. continued to CC, used another DF to get back to Bryn Mawr. was asleep by 8:00am. used my entire days DF filters in the morning.

overall, ride was worth it. nothing beats highway miles, averaged about 31 mpg entire ride. $270 for 250 miles, not a bad deal.

the two people were asleep most of the ride, and they were pleasant, not bothering me whatsoever.

ill take that again, anytime. but to get somebody - again - to agree to $100 return compensation - that will be a rare find.

Last edited:

BigSlick

When you figure in wear and tear on your car and subtract for tolls, you made about $100 for 6 hours.

paulmsr

When you figure in wear and tear on your car and subtract for tolls, you made about $100 for 6 hours.
yea about $100 plus the $100 return comp deal.. still not bad.

without the comp deal the ride is a L but he was smart and negotiated that

Wex

I calculated driving in my car I would have made $170 profit for 6 hour round trip out of $270. $25 tolls. $75 wear and tear.

BigSlick

260 miles r/t is about $130 in gas/wear and tear/depreciation, so I stand corrected... $140 profit.
Edit: Oops... minus the tolls. I was right to begin with.

DelaJoe

I do these drug addiction rides frequently on Lyft. Yesterday had one that was 75 miles from central Delaware up to Kennett Square. It paid out 102. Also got $6 for the tolls on the way up. With these rides there is no negotiation as the Health Insurance is paying for it. There also is no tip. I did stop for 5 minutes so he could smoke before entering the facility. He is going to be there for 30 days. No rides on the way back. So I figured i netted $20/hour for the 4 hours. Not bad at all for a Sunday afternoon sitting around the house.

For some reason when I got back into Delaware my Uber app was not accepting trips (just deliveries). I got on the call with support. We tried logging on and off and then also deleting and downloading the app. That didn't work. Finally they had me reboot the phone. I think the problem was my GPS. Uber still must have thought I was in PA (where I can only do deliveries). Once I crossed into Delaware, it did not open up the option for passengers.

I find that 90% of the time when I take a long ride from Delaware that I deadhead back. That is fine because these long drives do tire me out.

Luckily I don't have to negotiate on long trips because the Delaware mileage rates are pretty good and they have not come down. I do feel bad for those of you that work in Philly but that is a very competitive environment with mass transit, Uber, Lyft and the cabs. Down here in central delaware you can count the number of cabs on one hand, the bus routes exist but very inconvienent, and the number of Uber and Lyft drivers is minimal because there are not a lot of requests.

Reactions: Wex