Inshur

Looks like Uber will get licence.

Robertino

Imagine social explosion if Uber doesn`t get license. 40 000 drivers suddenly out of work. Half of them go on benefits, can`t pay bills etc. Do you think government wants that? No f*** way. Its better to give Uber license and not clean up social mess afterwards. Its sort of too big to let them fail scenario.

That`s how I see it.

renod babek

Imagine social explosion if Uber doesn`t get license. 40 000 drivers suddenly out of work. Half of them go on benefits, can`t pay bills etc. Do you think government wants that? No f*** way. Its better to give Uber license and not clean up social mess afterwards. Its sort of too big to let them fail scenario.

That`s how I see it.
Probably right. After all this is a kingdom built on Serfdom.

freddie cab

That`s how I see it.

Have you not thought, that new phv offices will open, and the drivers will be paid the sort of rates, they were getting before Uber.
Plus the 1000s of part time drivers will supplement there income elsewhere.
I think experienced phv drivers will realise this.
It's the drivers who bought into this dream, and only started in phv when uber arrived, that need convincing.

Bettysmalls

That`s how I see it.
"Out of work" what are talking about , they are ph drivers not uber drivers , they can go to work for any other firm .

Robertino

Not many PH offices will accept Uber type/class "top quality" drivers.... especially sexual predators and can`t read/write/drive pilots who love lamp posts.

Ubermpv

Oh look!
http://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/mayors-night-time-commissioner-conflict-interest/

Now bc and every ph firm have problem.
Looks like Mayor will favour Uber and blow hot air .
Haha well... I did say they wouid get re licence sorry BC drivers uber here to stay now go away.

I said it many times uber will get license renewed it all about money
Right! And uber is part of the corporate mafia that makes them untouchable. Wake the hell up!

Shane Sheikh

according to some firms it is. there is also a social experiement i saw where people were going for job interviews and they were asked for the uber rider rating. although you shouldnt care about your rating. it is a hard rating to maintain

I know not what I do

Uber rating is not direct reflection of your driving skills.
Absolutely agree.
It is a rating of how much you suck up to riders. McDonald's, aux cable, stop there for a few minutes, slam that door, stink the cab, are you alright with that.if so 5 star for you.
How are they qualified to rate the driving when most are not drivers which is why they using a cab.
The ones that are drivers but are too drunk to drive are too drunk to assess your driving.

Robertino

If your driving skills are shit, but you keep bending down and stop for KFC, let them vape in car, listen their own music loud, picked them up from bus stop - you will get 5* anyway. It doesn`t matter to drunks you nearly kissed lamp post.

soTuga

Have you not thought, that new phv offices will open, and the drivers will be paid the sort of rates, they were getting before Uber.
Plus the 1000s of part time drivers will supplement there income elsewhere.
I think experienced phv drivers will realise this.
It's the drivers who bought into this dream, and only started in phv when uber arrived, that need convincing.
In an ideal world that is what would happen, but in the world we are living in, it's better "the devil we know" and fight for TFL to stop receiving fat envelopes.
Uber out scenario - new and existing operators will cash in on the amount of drivers available to them, rents will double, fare prices will be kept low to attract riders, it will 10x worst..etc. - compare that with a civil war in terms of the PH trade.

Kareem69

TFL have announced that Leon Daniel's will be leaving this year, the rumours are turning out to be true then, rumour 1, top TFL bod to leave ✅, Uber's license to be revoked ❓❓I honestly think uber are history if not for safety reasons then it will be to get people back on buses as they're losing millions!!