Looks like surge is capped this morning

Ivin

Just got done with the early morning shift. I really wonder if surge capping is a thing, as I could have sworn my last ride was a surge ride, but when we got to the destination it was a regular fare. Really weird but it's happened multiple times. Meh. I guess whatever the case, this morning surge was amazing!

wwud

I logged off after my first airport run. Between the surge cap and the people turning 85 into the Atlanta Motor Speedway, it's not with it.

Tatertot72

Just got done with the early morning shift. I really wonder if surge capping is a thing, as I could have sworn my last ride was a surge ride, but when we got to the destination it was a regular fare. Really weird but it's happened multiple times. Meh. I guess whatever the case, this morning surge was amazing!

Yes, Surge capping is real. Why do you think it never goes above 3.9x in Atlanta. They remove it on days where it can be expected(New Years).
For the hurricane it was capped 1.8 in evacuation cities but I didn't think that Atlanta would be one too.

Always check after accepting to confirm surge on the screen where you can stop more requests from coming in.

43,000 fans at MB Stadium yesterday for Atlanta United game and I didn't see surge go above 1.8x..Boost was at 2.0x
Concert last night at Roxy, surge to 1.8x for 1/2 hour...

DopeyDaDriver

Anyone know how surge reacts to these pre-requested rides? Airport pax this a.m. from Roswell was in the "surge zone" that showed on my app but like a dummy I didn't look careful when I accepted the ride as the 45 min thing popped up and I auto hit it without looking closely. He commented that it was the first time he'd requested the pickup the night before and how well it had worked. Fare received was regular x pricing.

Carbenger

Up where I live, if I see a random surge pop-up I assume there is a pax requesting a ride just out side of it and the surge is created to try and get drivers in the area.

thejaz982

Up where I live, if I see a random surge pop-up I assume there is a pax requesting a ride just out side of it and the surge is created to try and get drivers in the area.
I think that is what is going on where I normally drive too. I've had that surge go as high as 2.5x and i'm sitting right in the middle of it. Check the rider app and I'm the only car for miles around. Watch the surge go higher, than watch it fall. Not a single request. I'm starting to think it's random in some spots especially OTP.

IndianMoto

The reason you are not seeing surge is simple, too many drivers. I see idiots with the airport tag hanging 50 miles north of the airport all the time. Went to the QT in Johns Creek this morning and 3 UBER Drivers were there and 2 of them also had Lyft stickers. Everywhere I go in town I see airport tags or UBER/Lyft decals.

Uberzoom

I think that is what is going on where I normally drive too. I've had that surge go as high as 2.5x and i'm sitting right in the middle of it. Check the rider app and I'm the only car for miles around. Watch the surge go higher, than watch it fall. Not a single request. I'm starting to think it's random in some spots especially OTP.

Were you moving or idle??