Looks like it's the end of UberEats for me...it was a good run.

I've been killing it for a few months with UberEats, can't lie. Traffic is still easy to deal with but they have changed how we deliver. Basically have to take photos before completing the delivery. This can only mean that there will be issues...and I'm ran into one.

I do Wednesday from 6PM to 10pm and I've completed 11 trips but only credited for 6. Ok, missing trips...seen this before. However, I shut down and gave Support a call just to make sure everything is fine. To my surprise, they answer and we did our verification who I was. So I explained my issue but instead of getting that "yeah, our systems are currently having difficulties", he said that there are no trips missing and I have only done 6. I mean, it shows on my gross earning only 6 but when you tap on your earnings on the gps...11 trips. He is me that it just doesn't show on his end but then said there could be discrepancies on the customer side...😑.

That being said, I'm assuming I'll see my entire earnings tomorrow but for some reason, I really don't feel as confident this time and if I don't, then it looks like this new system is extremely flawed. Your take?

NauticalWheeler

I have gotten one complaint about the food not being at the right door, but that was one out of 70 something deliveries last week, and I really doubt the customer's story.

What I mean to say is, if you do this job with any sort of integrity, i think it is more likely that customers will occasionally try to score their money back by saying something like this than you are to have put it at the wrong door.

Also, the photos aren't mandatory and they aren't requested everytime (I guess the customer can choose to request it) if take them most of the time, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't bother, or they open the door as I'm setting it down and I don't bother, or I take the photo but the app says it cant verify it (whatever that means) and I am already about to get back in my car. It's not like I'm going to go back to take the photo again😂😂 just press the button that says "skip"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have gotten one complaint about the food not being at the right door, but that was one out of 70 something deliveries last week, and I really doubt the customer's story.

What I mean to say is, if you do this job with any sort of integrity, i think it is more likely that customers will occasionally try to score their money back by saying something like this than you are to have put it at the wrong door.

Also, the photos aren't mandatory and they aren't requested everytime (I guess the customer can choose to request it) if take them most of the time, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't bother, or they open the door as I'm setting it down and I don't bother, or I take the photo but the app says it cant verify it (whatever that means) and I am already about to get back in my car. It's not like I'm going to go back to take the photo again😂😂 just press the button that says "skip"
Everytime I see "leave at the door", it asks for the photo. This is Austin and I know Uber be different in other areas so perhaps that could be why. I don't get a Skip button. I'm just more concerned with the support guy saying he doesn't see 11 trips when I can see what total i have done. He sees 6 but that is when you view it one each. Plus, he stated that there are other discrepancies which my deliveries which for one, I take a lot of pride in my work and this sounds like a answer that could be an issue later on. Of 5 customers are indeed saying they haven't got their orders...that is just bogus. However, I guess this is what happens when you do gigs like this.

KevinJohnson

Hoping the 11 show up in total. Give it a day.
Remember the guys in India answering the phone are poorly trained. They just want to get you off the phone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ever get your 11 delivers paid?
Uber support really believed I never did those trips then magically I saw a auto deposit in my bank account after a week and a half. Called them back about it and they had no real answer but at least it popped up in my bank and verified to that pay week and it showed. Weird glitch I suppose.

AustinAD99

Always makes me wonder about stuff like this. Have had the odd trip not paid out and always call to make sure I get paid. Just wonder if it's Uber/Lyft testing to see which drivers notice and 'losing' a ride here and there for the ones who don't check. Could add up to millions real quick.

Ziggy

Always makes me wonder about stuff like this. Have had the odd trip not paid out and always call to make sure I get paid. Just wonder if it's Uber/Lyft testing to see which drivers notice and 'losing' a ride here and there for the ones who don't check. Could add up to millions real quick.
UL did that in regarding tolls in Austin for months ... if you ever took 183 (new toll) North from the airport past MLK and you didn't call to get your money during the first 3 months it was open ... you didn't get paid. Not a lot of money on a per driver basis, but every nickel counts considering they've been doing everything possible to fleece drivers since day one.

And occasionally, I saw that they jacked me on the miles on some trips, which is why I always had at least one mileage logging app running in the background. On more than one occasion, Uber paid me "as the crow flies" (straight line) - normally it wouldn't have been much, but it was on a trip from the airport to Horseshoe Bay. Uber wasn't the only one slicing off miles - more frequently the "straight line" mileage scam was played by GetMe ... Uber at least paid the same day you called in; while prying extra money out of GetMe was like getting water out of a rock. *I only tracked mileage and tolls ... but likely they were stealing some time too ... but that was so much harder to decipher.

At least Uber still shows us how much the pax paid ... it's hard to believe that Uber is now the better of the 2 companies.

AustinAD99

UL did that in regarding tolls in Austin for months ... if you ever took 183 (new toll) North from the airport past MLK and you didn't call to get your money during the first 3 months it was open ... you didn't get paid. Not a lot of money on a per driver basis, but every nickel counts considering they've been doing everything possible to fleece drivers since day one.

On more than one occasion, Uber paid me "as the crow flies" (straight line)

At least Uber still shows us how much the pax paid ... it's hard to believe that Uber is now the better of the 2 companies.
Yeah, I just refuse to take the tolls.
Last one I did an AP run up 130 and got hosed. Pax was an paxhole too, should have just aborted the drive, but I thought it would pay out. Spoiler: It didn't and no tip.

Wow on the crow flies route payment. Never have caught one of those (doesn't mean I haven't been paid like that). Should run one of the logger apps.

Truly is hard to believe that Uber is treating drivers better than Lyft.

Not sure if I can go back to driving after this pandemic is done. Hard to see the point and now with RA gone the suck is even harder.
Here's hoping to many more months of Government gravy...bonus of being an election year!

wilsonz83

And occasionally, I saw that they jacked me on the miles on some trips, which is why I always had at least one mileage logging app running in the background. On more than one occasion, Uber paid me "as the crow flies" (straight line) - normally it wouldn't have been much, but it was on a trip from the airport to Horseshoe Bay. Uber wasn't the only one slicing off miles - more frequently the "straight line" mileage scam was played by GetMe ... Uber at least paid the same day you called in; while prying extra money out of GetMe was like getting water out of a rock. *I only tracked mileage and tolls ... but likely they were stealing some time too ... but that was so much harder to decipher.

The rental drivers and others are willing to drive for pennies hugely enabled Lyft.