• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Looking to work in Milton Keynes

TheBigBad

currently licensed in Wolverhampton via the Uber Ignition program but looking to move to Milton Keynes for family reasons. Can I work there? If not where should I get licensed so that I can? The MK license process includes a knowledge test that may prove difficult as I’m not familiar with the city.

Sowf off da river

currently licensed in Wolverhampton via the Uber Ignition program but looking to move to Milton Keynes for family reasons. Can I work there? If not where should I get licensed so that I can? The MK license process includes a knowledge test that may prove difficult as I’m not familiar with the city.
Ask uber in writing.
Can use this in court when you taken there by inspectors.

TheBigBad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would I get taken to court?

Right now most Uber drivers have a Wolverhampton badge and car yet can work all over the West Midlands. I assumed it was the same in all other regions too?

Sowf off da river

Right now most Uber drivers have a Wolverhampton badge and car yet can work all over the West Midlands. I assumed it was the same in all other regions too?
Ring up local authority you will be working in and find out.
Grey area and some drivers taken to court for it.
I have TfL badge so work TfL area.
What’s my business in Essex or Hertfordshire.

Amb

Just watch out for the driversless cars they are trialing so you would be the first to go before it reaches rest of the country.:smiles:

captain uber

No. You can't just work all over the West Midlands. That's not how it is supposed to work. What you are doing is going into other licensing authority areas where they have a set standard based on their local area and pinching their work. If you want to work in Milton Keynes, get a Milton Keynes badge. If you find it difficult to obtain one but really want to do it, then put some effort in to achieve your aim. Otherwise, look for another job.

Your license allows you to pick up a pre-booked passenger anywhere in the country.
All bookings via uber are pre-booked. You can only accept bookings via uber.
Who know's what the uber market in the area in like though..!

captain uber

Your license allows you to pick up a pre-booked passenger anywhere in the country.
All bookings via uber are pre-booked. You can only accept bookings via uber.
Who know's what the uber market in the area in like though..!
Bookings via uber are not pre-booked and you will not be able to hide behind this excuse for much longer.

The Gift of Fish

You’ll be going round in circles working there,all roads junctions are roundabout.
It could be worse - if you drove in the colonies you'd have to deal with this:

Yanks don't understand the concept of roundabouts - they put 4-way stop signs on each one, lol. It's a small miracle they don't put taffic lights in as well, for good measure.