• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Looking for Lyft replacement

NJDriver78

Hi.
Since Lyft decided to put my account on hold indefinitely, I was hoping to find a new backup option for when Uber is slow. I do Postmates but not really interested in deliveries. Are there any other rideshares that operate in New Jersey?

Slim Pete

Nah, just U & L. You won't miss Lyft, trust me. All base rate rides, while Uber is surging. It's crazy. Lyft is good as a backup, but Uber is the big boy. The big bad boy. Pretty much Tom & Jerry. Lyft is constantly running scared in Uber's footsteps, Uber is the main rideshare company.
However, I hope Lyft has not put you on hold due to a driving record matter. Because Uber is FAR more strict than Lyft.
In March this year, Uber really tightened the screw on their background checks. By background, I'm referring to DMV, not criminal.
Now they deactivate drivers for the smallest, silliest reasons as part of the 3-in-3. Lyft doesn't. Uber uses checkr for their BG checks, Lyft runs their own, and is far more lenient than Uber as to what they count towards the 3-in-3.
That is the reason why Lyft is able to have enough drivers, despite no PrimeTime, because many drivers couldn't pass Uber's new stricter BG check.
I hope it's not a DMV issue that caused Lyft to put your acct on hold, because if it is, then Uber definitely will, when they do their BG check on you.

SuzeCB

Nah, just U & L. You won't miss Lyft, trust me. All base rate rides, while Uber is surging. It's crazy. Lyft is good as a backup, but Uber is the big boy. The big bad boy. Pretty much Tom & Jerry. Lyft is constantly running scared in Uber's footsteps, Uber is the main rideshare company.
However, I hope Lyft has not put you on hold due to a driving record matter. Because Uber is FAR more strict than Lyft.
In March this year, Uber really tightened the screw on their background checks. By background, I'm referring to DMV, not criminal.
Now they deactivate drivers for the smallest, silliest reasons as part of the 3-in-3. Lyft doesn't. Uber uses checkr for their BG checks, Lyft runs their own, and is far more lenient than Uber as to what they count towards the 3-in-3.
That is the reason why Lyft is able to have enough drivers, despite no PrimeTime, because many drivers couldn't pass Uber's new stricter BG check.
I hope it's not a DMV issue that caused Lyft to put your acct on hold, because if it is, then Uber definitely will, when they do their BG check on you.
Lyft deactivated me for 3-in-3 a month before Uber did... and just 2 months after they had approved the same info... go figure.

Lyft refused to communicate with me entirely afterwards. No emails were answered. I even had this guy from Lyft that another driver on here had put me in touch with when I first started that was supposed to be my contact for any questions, issues, etc. He ignored me, too. They couldn't even explain the situation to me. I had no idea how or why I was deactivated for things I had no control over at all.

At least Uber will talk to you, and makes Hubs available in most markets.

Lyft tries to market itself as the drivers' TNC... yeah. Riiiiiiight. C'mere and *I'll* give ya a fist-bump...

NJDriver78

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lyft deactivated me for 3-in-3 a month before Uber did... and just 2 months after they had approved the same info... go figure.

Lyft refused to communicate with me entirely afterwards. No emails were answered. I even had this guy from Lyft that another driver on here had put me in touch with when I first started that was supposed to be my contact for any questions, issues, etc. He ignored me, too. They couldn't even explain the situation to me. I had no idea how or why I was deactivated for things I had no control over at all.

Lyft tries to market itself as the drivers' TNC... yeah. Riiiiiiight. C'mere and *I'll* give ya a fist-bump...
Were you ever reactivated?

MondayMan

Hi.
Since Lyft decided to put my account on hold indefinitely, I was hoping to find a new backup option for when Uber is slow. I do Postmates but not really interested in deliveries. Are there any other rideshares that operate in New Jersey?
My wife orders a lot from Instacart and the drivers tell me they’re happy with it as an alternative to U/L.

Slim Pete

Lyft is garbage.
The oldest of the 3-in-3 will age out in Sept. Insurance companies like to go to the 1st of the next month
You can re-apply one day after the 3rd year anniversary as per the date mentioned on your abstract. Not the date mentioned by Checkr on their report. You don't need to wait till the next month.

MondayMan

Juno? The phone and light-up sign they gave me last spring are just taking up space in my center console, but I use the dual USB adapter regularly.
Important follow-up: The free Juno pen is truly high quality and probably the best part of signing up for Juno. But I lost it.

Lightning1181

Hi.
There is an simple answer to your question. Just keep driving with your Lyft Amp all lit up, pull up to any busy bar or venue and holler out "Your Lyft has arrived" and some unintelligible name. You'll get all kinds of rides and NOT have to share the proceeds with anyone else, all yours!

SuzeCB

Lyft is garbage.

You can re-apply one day after the 3rd year anniversary as per the date mentioned on your abstract. Not the date mentioned by Checkr on their report. You don't need to wait till the next month.
Do you know someone else that did this? This is an insurance thing and, unless practices have changed drastically, I know how they "keep time".