Looking for good mechanic that i can trust

dba99

hello everybody
anyone can recommend a good mechanic that experts on Honda vehicles? i owned 2014 accord v6, I'm Living in bayside area.
I have some problem with my starter, some times the starter not starting and making a noise of creak, i can say approximately 1 of 15 times its happen
I replace a starter already but the problem not solved, anyone have idea what is the problem if its not the starter?
i don't want pay again hundred dollars for nothing.

Thanks!

Las Vegas Dude

hello everybody
anyone can recommend a good mechanic that experts on Honda vehicles? i owned 2014 accord v6, I'm Living in bayside area.
I have some problem with my starter, some times the starter not starting and making a noise of creak, i can say approximately 1 of 15 times its happen
I replace a starter already but the problem not solved, anyone have idea what is the problem if its not the starter?

Thanks!
Missing teeth in the flywheel.

Benjamin M

Honda owner x2 here. I always start with a dealership.

Both Civics (12 LX and now 18 EX) never gave me any issues, just routine maintenance.

I have tried local mechanics that were recommended, all were awful. I've had decent experience with a few Firestone Complete Auto Care locations and they provide a discount. But again, look for a Honda service center first.

911 Guy

Nextdoor.com. Look local, but I agree that it sounds like an issue that will just get more expensive the longer you wait.

Juggalo9er

Honda owner x2 here. I always start with a dealership.

Both Civics (12 LX and now 18 EX) never gave me any issues, just routine maintenance.

I have tried local mechanics that were recommended, all were awful. I've had decent experience with a few Firestone Complete Auto Care locations and they provide a discount. But again, look for a Honda service center first.
I don't think you're aware that most mechanics at a dealership don't have to be certified.... And any discount you're given just means you were overcharged to begin with

Benjamin M

I don't think you're aware that most mechanics at a dealership don't have to be certified.... And any discount you're given just means you were overcharged to begin with
Um, not sure what dealership you're going to.

And the discount I was referring to is Firestone, it's one of the Uber perks. 15% off most services. I'll take it.

Wildgoose

hello everybody

Thanks!
Solenoid Issue 99.9% sure. I think you can replace it by yourself.

Juggalo9er

Um, not sure what dealership you're going to.

And the discount I was referring to is Firestone, it's one of the Uber perks. 15% off most services. I'll take it.
Your cost
Alternator $200
Labor. $150 on a good day

My cost
Alternator $200

What's your discount again?

dba99

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's most likely the Flex Plate which is not too spend to have fixed.
ammm what its the different between flex plate to flywheel? its seems to me the same parts
i heard to replace flywheel is long work what mean a lot money

i do have noises of knocking when i start the car but those noises going when the engine get to normal temp
i have this issue with the starter long time ago, i replace starter when i had 60K miles, now i got 95K miles
Post automatically merged:

Missing teeth in the flywheel.
what the reason teeth on flywheel going bad after 65K miles?

If it wasn't the teeth on the starters ?cog? then it is the teeth it engages inside the engine...

Much money.
That strange flywheel going bad after 65K Miles
any way i do have powertrain warranty til 100K Miles, I guess flywheel is part of powertrain but i can't tell with those bastards if they take care of this if its the flywheel

Last edited:

Juggalo9er

ammm what its the different between flex plate to flywheel? its seems to me the same parts
i heard to replace flywheel is long work what mean a lot money

i do have noises of knocking when i start the car but those noises going when the engine get to normal temp
i have this issue with the starter long time ago, i replace starter when i had 60K miles, now i got 95K miles

what the reason teeth on flywheel going bad after 65K miles?

That strange flywheel going bad after 65K Miles
any way i do have powertrain warranty til 100K Miles, I guess flywheel is part of powertrain but i can't tell with those bastards if they take care of this if its the flywheel
They'll likely attempt to void a power train warranty In this instance... They'll claim the after market starter damaged it... All you need it a statement from whoever replaced the starter saying the fly when was in good condition at the time....I hate manufacturer warranties

Dave Bust

I found a good mechanic and tip him well

At this point, he lets me buy the part on my own and just charges me labor.