• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Looking for Driver Feedback on Product Development!

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
Hi fellow drivers!

I'm a founder for a startup in Florida called GoGoPowerJuice, and we're developing a new product for rideshare drivers.

We understand that there are high costs for being a rideshare driver for:
  • Gas
  • Car related expenses (maintenance, car payments)
  • High rideshare platform fees (50 to 60% of driver revenue)
To offset this, we want to offer rideshare drivers an opportunity to make additional revenue during each ride. Every driver that signs up would receive a battery charging station that would allow passengers to purchase and swap out portable battery packs. Drivers receive $2 from every sale and $1 from every swap from a passenger.

We're currently in product development, and would like to share and receive insight and feedback from drivers like yourself during this phase.

We have more information on our website: https://gogopowerjuice.com/drivers
Feel free to signup to get updates.

What are your thoughts and feedback?

OrlUberOffDriver

You website has no more info than you have posted. Don’t be another “FUber” be transparent and tell us all the details here.

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You website has no more info than you have posted. Don’t be another “FUber” be transparent and tell us all the details here.
Hi OrlUberOffDriver,

Sure, I can provide you more information.

Drivers sign up on the website, and create an account with us. We'll send you a drivers package, which includes a battery charging station, and 5 battery packs. Each battery charging station is strapped around the center console and plugs into the car outlet, where it will automatically recharge each of the 5 battery packs. The charge station will include a QR code and a link to our site where passengers can purchase and swap a battery pack, and once payment is approved, the battery charge station will release a battery pack to the passenger. We'll send each driver funds directly to their account accordingly. Once a driver is low on batteries, we can also send each driver automatic refills of battery packs once they are out.

I hope this provides you more information. We're aiming to design a product that will remove driver involvement during the whole process, simple plug and play.

Good point, we'll update our website with more information.

tohunt4me

Hi OrlUberOffDriver,

Drivers sign up on the website, and create an account with us. We'll send you a drivers package, which includes a battery charging station, and 5 battery packs. Each battery charging station is strapped around the center console and plugs into the car outlet, where it will automatically recharge each of the 5 battery packs. The charge station will include a QR code and a link to our site where passengers can purchase and swap a battery pack, and once payment is approved, the battery charge station will release a battery pack to the passenger. We'll send each driver funds directly to their account accordingly. Once a driver is low on batteries, we can also send each driver automatic refills of battery packs once they are out.

I hope this provides you more information. We're aiming to design a product that will remove driver involvement during the whole process, simple plug and play.

Can you use it as a Tazer on dangerous Passengers ?

How many cars have these battery packs set ablaze ?
Have they been U.L. listed ?

Do you carry insurance against damages ?

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
Can you use it as a Tazer on dangerous Passengers ?

How many cars have these battery packs set ablaze ?
Have they been U.L. listed ?

Do you carry insurance against damages ?
Hi tohunt4me,

Thanks for your questions!
No cars have been set ablaze, and all battery packs and charging station will pass all testing and certification for consumer safety (CE, FCC, RoHS compliant, etc).
We will have vigorous testing and stringent quality checks on our products, and we'll work with drivers to handle any issues that may arise of course.

tohunt4me

Hi tohunt4me,

Thanks for your questions!
No cars have been set ablaze, and all battery packs and charging station will pass all testing and certification for consumer safety (CE, FCC, RoHS compliant, etc).
We will have vigorous testing and stringent quality checks on our products, and we'll work with drivers to handle any issues that may arise of course.
Is there a fuse system for protection ?

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
Is there a fuse system for protection ?
Hi tohunt4me,

Yes, all charging stations can safely be installed in automobile outlets.
Safety is number one priority.

What are your thoughts on providing this amenity to passengers?

Last edited:

OrlUberOffDriver

Hi OrlUberOffDriver,

Thanks for that.
So, still lacking info. Allow me to get to the bottom of this.
1. How much power does each station require to charge batteries.
2. Who provides the cellular service to send signal to release battery.
3. How much does a new battery cost to the rider.
4. How much does a recharge or swap cost to the rider.
5. How large is this charge station.
6. Please tell us about what type of batteries these are, are they at risk of exploding if left in a hot vehicle.
Please, once again...be transparent and forth coming.

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
Thanks for that.
So, still lacking info. Allow me to get to the bottom of this.
1. How much power does each station require to charge batteries.
2. Who provides the cellular service to send signal to release battery.
3. How much does a new battery cost to the rider.
4. How much does a recharge or swap cost to the rider.
5. How large is this charge station.
6. Please tell us about what type of batteries these are, are they at risk of exploding if left in a hot vehicle.
Please, once again...be transparent and forth coming.
Hi OrlUberOffDriver,

Great questions! Let me answer each one and share you more information. We want to cater this product to drivers so your engagement is tremendous to development!

1. Each charging station requires only the power from one outlet from your car, and it will be sufficient to recharge all the batteries.
2. Once the passenger completes payment on our website with their mobile device, they'll be able to release a battery pack from the charge station with their mobile device. No driver involvement is required, as the driver must focus on the primary goal of driving.
3. A new battery pack purchased from the driver will cost the rider $10.
4. A swap will cost $3 to the rider.
5. The charge station will rest on the center console, and will cover an area of no larger than 5 inches x 5 inches. This will leave sufficient room for drivers to rest their elbows during the drive. (see picture below)
6. Each battery pack uses a lithium polymer battery. No risk if left in a hot vehicle. One of the certification tests that the battery packs must pass is exposure to extreme hot temperatures, and mustn't cause consumer safety issues. No worries here.
We have more battery pack information on our site, www.gogopowerjuice.com, and we're fundraising by selling them on Amazon ($15.99) so come support us!

We have a mock-up of what a typical set-up may look like.

What do you like or dislike of this setup OrlUberOffDriver?

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
A what happens if i can't sell any?
B. What's my cost if i quit in 3 months?
C. What am i getting per sale?
Hi Mears Troll Number 4,

Great to meet you.

A. From our preliminary tests, 35% of fares purchased a battery pack, and we're designing to engage the passenger to purchase or swap a battery pack.
B. There's no cost to the driver to sign up and try the service. If you decide to quit in 3 months, simply ship the charging station and battery packs to us.
C. For each sale, drivers receive $2 for every battery pack sale, and $1 for every battery pack swap.

I hope this answers any doubts you have. Let me know if you have more questions.
Sign up on our website http://www.gogopowerjuice.com/drivers with your email and we'll send you the latest up to date information.

OrlUberOffDriver

Thanks for the info GoGoPowerJuice
I think something of this nature will be a good system to have for riders as I have an increasingly numbers of riders asking me for a power cord(which I do NOT supply).
A. What is going to prevent the charging station from staying in place in the event of hard stop?
B. Fee paid to drivers in my opinion should be $3.50 (new) & $2.00 (swap)
C. Will GoGoPowerJuice cover cost of damage to electrical system caused by an overload, bad battery or whatever associated with your battery station?

Again, thank you!

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
Thanks for the info GoGoPowerJuice
I think something of this nature will be a good system to have for riders as I have an increasingly numbers of riders asking me for a power cord(which I do NOT supply).
A. What is going to prevent the charging station from staying in place in the event of hard stop?
B. Fee paid to drivers in my opinion should be $3.50 (new) & $2.00 (swap)
C. Will GoGoPowerJuice cover cost of damage to electrical system caused by an overload, bad battery or whatever associated with your battery station?

Again, thank you!
Hi OrlUberOffDriver,

That's great to hear. I've heard from drivers also that passengers tend to destroy or take with them any power cords that drivers supply for them, which is quite terrible. To answer your questions:
A. To prevent the charging stations from sliding during acceleration and stops, we'll have a 2 inch wide velcro strap that attaches to the bottom of the charging station, and it will wrap around the center console. This way each charge station is secure, doesn't damage the center console, and removable at any time as you please.
B. Awesome feedback! We'll take that into heavy consideration to increase driver compensation.
C. Yes, of course GoGoPowerJuice will cover any product defect associated with the charging station and any batteries.

No problem at all, it's my pleasure! Keep the feedback coming!

I would pay $2 for this
Hi Kodyhead,

Thanks for joining in on the conversation! Could you clarify a bit more on this?

UBERyDUMB

I am in the process of acquiring a Tesla for my Ubering in Orlando.

Can your Gogopowerjuice connect and interact with the power plant in the Tesla SUV?

I would like to control all the transactions taking
place during the ride from the main center console.

I have been waiting for a great opportunity like this, and it appears you have nailed it !!!

Any plans on going on Shark Tank? This product would sell great all over the world...

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
I am in the process of acquiring a Tesla for my Ubering in Orlando.

Can your Gogopowerjuice connect and interact with the power plant in the Tesla SUV?

I would like to control all the transactions taking
place during the ride from the main center console.

I have been waiting for a great opportunity like this, and it appears you have nailed it !!!

Any plans on going on Shark Tank? This product would sell great all over the world...
Hi UBERyDUMB,

Nice to meet you. Wow, very cool and out of the box thinking to use a Tesla to Uber! That would save a lot on gas.

For the first product release of GoGoPowerJuice, unfortunately, it won't be able to interact and communicate with the power plant in the Tesla SUV, but this is a great feature to include for future releases.

We would love to have you be one of the first to test our first release in Orlando. When you get a chance, sign up with your email address at https://gogopowerjuice.com/drivers so we can update you with the next steps. Free to sign up and free to receive the first package!

Thanks so much for the praises! We appreciate all the support to build a product that drivers will love.
We're not sure about Shark Tank, but fingers crossed, if all goes well, it wouldn't be out of the possibility.

If you don't mind my asking, how many hours a week are you a rideshare driver?
Based on your experience, what percentage of passengers request for mobile charge during a ride?

UBERyDUMB

Hi UBERyDUMB,

Nice to meet you. Wow, very cool and out of the box thinking to use a Tesla to Uber! That would save a lot on gas.

For the first product release of GoGoPowerJuice, unfortunately, it won't be able to interact and communicate with the power plant in the Tesla SUV, but this is a great feature to include for future releases.

We would love to have you be one of the first to test our first release in Orlando. When you get a chance, sign up with your email address at https://gogopowerjuice.com/drivers so we can update you with the next steps. Free to sign up and free to receive the first package!

Thanks so much for the praises! We appreciate all the support to build a product that drivers will love.
We're not sure about Shark Tank, but fingers crossed, if all goes well, it wouldn't be out of the possibility.

If you don't mind my asking, how many hours a week are you a rideshare driver?
Based on your experience, what percentage of passengers request for mobile charge during a ride?
Hello GoGoPJ:

Nice to meet you as well.

Based on the info user "2cents" posted, I may not get the Tesla SUV. Instead I may get 2 Nissan Leaf, and save the difference for a new home. My wife can work the other car because I am getting tired of her waiting for me to come home to tell me her nonsense.

Have you considered vehicle wraps to advertise your product?
I would be interested in having a nice banner that reads "powered by GoGopowerjuice" or "Got GoGoPJ"or "Juice on the GO" or "Get Juiced Now" or any similar catchy phrase.

To answer your questions, I spend about 70 to 80 hours per week as a rideshare driver.

About 40 percent of the riders ask for a charge.
Another 30% ask for a variety of things.

Can't wait to get onboard !!!

GoGoPowerJuice

Past Sponsor
Hello GoGoPJ:

Nice to meet you as well.

Based on the info user "2cents" posted, I may not get the Tesla SUV. Instead I may get 2 Nissan Leaf, and save the difference for a new home. My wife can work the other car because I am getting tired of her waiting for me to come home to tell me her nonsense.

Have you considered vehicle wraps to advertise your product?
I would be interested in having a nice banner that reads "powered by GoGopowerjuice" or "Got GoGoPJ"or "Juice on the GO" or "Get Juiced Now" or any similar catchy phrase.

To answer your questions, I spend about 70 to 80 hours per week as a rideshare driver.

About 40 percent of the riders ask for a charge.
Another 30% ask for a variety of things.

Can't wait to get onboard !!!
Hi UBERyDUMB,

Good thinking on using electric vehicles for Uber and Lyft. It's a huge savings on gas!

Yea, that's a great idea on on the vehicle banner. Perhaps a door magnet or a windshield sticker too.
We'll consider that for each drivers package!

Likewise, we can't wait to get you on-board. Drive safe out there!

2Cents

For this market the leaf would not be such a bad idea. Considering the fact that passengers are paying far less than what they should be paying for a ride in this market, about 80% less on average the Leaf would serve it's purpose. If you are able to get 2 and save for a new home, then you're doing something right.
Keep in mind that one of the addendums fübr made drivers agree to ( I believe it was sometime last July) it stipulated that drivers were not allowed to advertise products on their vehicle while actively being on the platform en route to or with a passenger. I seriously doubt they would ever be able to enforce this but if you can get a company to compensate you for such advertisement, more power to you. That would be awesome and highly encouraging.
I hope it works out for you.