• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Look Out! 25% Commission Is Next For NEW UberX Drivers!

Yuri Lygotme

Well, if taxi drivers make $700 a week after $750 lease + gas, I can't see why they would stop at 25% commissions.
55% sounds like an industry average :smiles:
who knows, may be after 90% commissions they will consider a god damn tip botton instead of precious stars
You are comparing oranges and apple: with a taxi you are not using your own car and are not paying for maintenance and depreciation.

turbovator

You are comparing oranges and apple: with a taxi you are not using your own car and are not paying for maintenance and depreciation.
This last post is hard evidence that a lot of these Uber drivers are clueless about the Uber math !! It's people like this that keeps Uber in business and able to perpetuate the scam.

Last edited:

Realityshark

MaBell was bigger and it fell.
Ma Bell (AT&T) crashed in the 80's when they were broken up for having a monopoly. They rallied back through honest, shrewd business practices and even lead the Dow Jones for returns for one year back around 2002. (Give or take a year) AT&T stock has remained a blue chip that pays very good dividends to investors. They also provide their workforce with honest wages and benefits. They don't misclassify their workforce as a way to exploit them.

I imagine that Uber's Achilles heel will be based on any number of shady, if not outright, illegal business practices. There are too many for me to bother listing. Anyone capable of logical, independent thinking can see right through this house of cards. I agree with your observations about Uber. I take exception to making any sort of comparison with a "real" company like AT&T. I know you simply wanted to point out that nobody is too big to fail. Point taken. However, mentioning a dishonest, law breaking company that routinely lies to and exploits their workforce in the same sentence as a legitimate corporation is not fair to companies that work hard to play fair and provide their employees with an honest wage for an honest days work.

A legitimate corporation allows its' workers to make more money over time. Uber has reduced its' pay to their workforce more than 60% in the past two years. A legitimate company does not do this.

GooberX

Ma Bell (AT&T) crashed in the 80's when they were broken up for having a monopoly. They rallied back through honest, shrewd business practices and even lead the Dow Jones for returns for one year back around 2002. (Give or take a year) AT&T stock has remained a blue chip that pays very good dividends to investors. They also provide their workforce with honest wages and benefits. They don't misclassify their workforce as a way to exploit them.

I imagine that Uber's Achilles heel will be based on any number of shady, if not outright, illegal business practices. There are too many for me to bother listing. Anyone capable of logical, independent thinking can see right through this house of cards. I agree with your observations about Uber. I take exception to making any sort of comparison with a "real" company like AT&T. I know you simply wanted to point out that nobody is too big to fail. Point taken. However, mentioning a dishonest, law breaking company that routinely lies to and exploits their workforce in the same sentence as a legitimate corporation is not fair to companies that work hard to play fair and provide their employees with an honest wage for an honest days work.

A legitimate corporation allows its' workers to make more money over time. Uber has reduced its' pay to their workforce more than 60% in the past two years. A legitimate company does not do this.
Agree 100%.

I was, indeed, only comparing for size.

turbovator

With a taxi I am paying roughly 35% of my gross ... why would I pay 25-30% and use my own vehicle? @@@@@@ed.

Good one Sean! That's the part about the Screwbre scam that these idiots don't or better yet don't have the ability to comprehend. As a taxi driver your driving a company vehicle and not paying the vehicle expenses, which is the major part of the deal. The Uberites are beating the shit out of thier cars,paying all the vehicle expenses out of thier own pocket. It's dumbass people like this that keep Uber in business!

Jason2k15

Good one Sean! That's the part about the Screwbre scam that these idiots don't or better yet don't have the ability to comprehend. As a taxi driver your driving a company vehicle and not paying the vehicle expenses, which is the major part of the deal. The Uberites are beating the shit out of thier cars,paying all the vehicle expenses out of thier own pocket. It's dumbass people like this that keep Uber in business!
I'm not driving a taxi though and I keep my expenses low.