• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Look Out! 25% Commission Is Next For NEW UberX Drivers!

UberProphet?

Both of those things are exactly how it should work in a free economy. It's their job to be as profitable as possible, and it's our responsibility to choose a profession that fits our personal goals. If those two things don't match up, we should just move on to something else.
accept your lot in life. it's the american way.

McGillicutty

Exactly!
Unless, say during last Summer, the Driver had quit a decent paying job with decent benefits, lured by Uber's borderline fraudulent CL Ads promising $1,500/Week in Earnings. Only to find out that "Up To $1,500/Week in Earnings" actually meant "$1,500/Week in Gross Fares" that would result in $1,050/Week in payout, before ANY EXPENSES.

And then, only to belatedly find out, that Uber would cut it's Rates a couple of times and over saturate the market with New Drivers, resulting in the $1,050 payout shrinking to $650.

And never mind the chump who saw a way out of the daily grind in driving for Uber, and financed a new car through Uber/Santander.

And now Uber Free Market is retroactively jacking up the commission to 25%!
Why are you so bitter??? Don't you know that in a free economy, workers can easily move from one job to another within a 24hr period without any downtime for networking, applications, interviews, background checks, salary negotiations, etc.? It's easy. You just walk up to your new company's front door the day after you discover Uber is not for you, and the CEO puts you on a Segway and leads you to the office of your new awesome job that fits better. Never mind you are still stuck with that $200 Santander lease you signed when rates were $1.89/mile, which dropped by 50% within 5 months of signing that lease! The math on that only means you have to spend TWICE as much time and miles earning enough to cover the payment. Besides, miles are FREE and time is UNLIMITED! It's a free market, and I'm Rhodes Scholar with a PhD in Economics so I love to play the "free market economy" card! BTW, Quit complaining! You only have 2 years left on that $10400/year lease you signed when rates were $1.89/mile!

turbovator

Definetly it will be %25 for all drivers in the near future, but it surely will be before Screwbre raises it to %30. As long as guys hang around , open the app and drive Screwbre will provide the Vaseline jar for you to keep thinking your actually making money. I told them to shove it after 6 days. I keep in touch in here because I'm curious at what level it would take for the majority of you Uberites to wake up and smell the coffee.

chi1cabby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please keep posts on this thread "On Topic". This thread will likely be a source of news coverage in near future.
Thank you!

robertc21

Uber is still testing the waters. Trying to Make as much money as possible while still trying to gain market share. In my opinion they are only worried about the Pax, up and coming competitors and their margins at the moment. They know the economy sucks and their will always be drivers. I do however believe once they find the best solutions for rider and driver we will all be happy. I do drive part time and love the extra cash. I do know that it would be hard to make a real living doing it full time. I don't understand why so many people are complaining about the company and still driving. You can sign up for 3 different companies and drive for all of them. That might help. Also pay off your car and consider it a loss if you are doing it full time. Granted you might not become wealthy driving for uber, but you can make extra cash with out a problem. imo

turbovator

Uber is still testing the waters. Trying to Make as much money as possible while still trying to gain market share. In my opinion they are only worried about the Pax, up and coming competitors and their margins at the moment. They know the economy sucks and their will always be drivers. I do however believe once they find the best solutions for rider and driver we will all be happy. I do drive part time and love the extra cash. I do know that it would be hard to make a real living doing it full time. I don't understand why so many people are complaining about the company and still driving. You can sign up for 3 different companies and drive for all of them. That might help. Also pay off your car and consider it a loss if you are doing it full time. Granted you might not become wealthy driving for uber, but you can make extra cash with out a problem. imo
I seriously doubt if your happiness or if your making a respectable wage for driving the Uber scam is of any importance to them. The main interest is to sustain this charade of a business model long enough for the IPO to become a reality and after they go public it's going to be the stockholder who matters sure as hell not you as a driver.

GooberX

Both of those things are exactly how it should work in a free economy. It's their job to be as profitable as possible, and it's our responsibility to choose a profession that fits our personal goals. If those two things don't match up, we should just move on to something else.
I can't even fathom the level of ignorance it took to post this trash.

When "partners" work together, neither one has the right to unilaterally change the terms.

Uber is acting like an employer, but wants the benefits of an independent partnership.

This is not the free economy at play, but a company that has built itself breaking just about every law that exists because they have deeper pockets to pay lawyers.

MaBell was bigger and it fell.

Uber's day is coming.

turbovator

I can't even fathom the level of ignorance it took to post this trash.

When "partners" work together, neither one has the right to unilaterally change the terms.

Uber is acting like an employer, but wants the benefits of an independent partnership.

This is not the free economy at play, but a company that has built itself breaking just about every law that exists because they have deeper pockets to pay lawyers.

MaBell was bigger and it fell.

Uber's day is coming.
There is no shortage of people driving for Ubre that have no clue they are working for NADA and destroying the second most costly thing they own. Yes, it's the obligation of a corporation to make money. Uber is NOT a corporation. It's a scumbag of group investors making money off the backs of a group of people who can least afford not getting a fair return for thier efforts. It's a flawed business model that has already started to fall apart. Uber's real game plan is try to hold it together till an IPO where it can go public. Then this gang of thieves can take the investors money in this charade of a business and run!

Last edited: