• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Look Out! 25% Commission Is Next For NEW UberX Drivers!

The LAwnmower

25%. 30%. 35%. It doesn't matter. Turn on the app and there will be always plenty of drivers buzzing around. People love to get taken advantage of. Uber knows there are morons born every minute. There are more drivers on the road today with all the different rate cuts than there were when it was $1.95 mile.

ElectroFuzz

25%. 30%. 35%. It doesn't matter. Turn on the app and there will be always plenty of drivers buzzing around. People love to get taken advantage of. Uber knows there are morons born every minute. There are more drivers on the road today with all the different rate cuts than there were when it was $1.95 mile.
They will run out of drivers eventually but it might take a few years.
And that's probably enough time until they release the IPO and become billioners... so they don't care.

UberFocker

Uber is shooting itself in the foot. Also most of the drivers are morons. If a strike is ever successfully organized, most drivers will turn on their phone as soon as surge comes on.

LAuberX

I just did the math on my last Statement, Uber kept 26% of the "meter fare", or the fare the customer is billed.

Rides under $10.00 can take up to 30 minutes from ping to drop off and net the driver $7.20 or less.

And my example is at 20%, a newbee in S.F. will be giving the boss more like 31% of the total fare.

sfdriver1896

thanks chcabby. good link. i was looking at it when it was 2 pages long awhile back. i like the sign and i will post one as soon as the devil decides to do another rate cut.

LookyLou

I just did the math on my last Statement, Uber kept 26% of the "meter fare", or the fare the customer is billed.

Rides under $10.00 can take up to 30 minutes from ping to drop off and net the driver $7.20 or less.

And my example is at 20%, a newbee in S.F. will be giving the boss more like 31% of the total fare.
Just checked mine for the past week and I paid 27.5% of the "meter fare". :frown:

uberdc/Virginia

You need great reflexes to deal with crazy drivers . Not sure how a self driving car would deal with that. There was a self driving car in Germany that drove off a bridge because the maps were wrong.

LAuberX

Uh, what? If you're taking 30 minutes to complete a $10 fare, you're doing something wrong.
"up to 30 minutes" in Uber speak:

lets say you accept the ping, it takes 12 minutes in traffic to get there, you wait 5 minutes, discuss/enter destination in Nav, 1 minute, drive in traffic 6 miles, 12 minutes = 30 minutes.

I have been starting a timer when I accept a ping, and stopping it after pax exits, it ain't pretty. I have seen 28 minutes to earn a $9.00 (gross) fare.

The more I know, the less I like it.