Uber Drivers Forum banner

Look at how easy it is to get a one star. Yea, ratings are fair.

2K views 45 replies 29 participants last post by  Wardell Curry 
#1 ·
Basically, pax wouldn't cross the street so I decided to go around and take her to that side. Just watch what we are dealing with. The mentality of these pax.

#2 ·
Basically, pax wouldn't cross the street so I decided to go around and take her to that side. Just watch what we are dealing with. The mentality of these pax.
It's hard to tell if someone will downrate me most of the time. But I learned that most riders will downrate me if I refuse to do a u-turn, so I should automatically give them a one star if they ask me.

#3 ·
Once I was in the middle lane of three lanes of traffic. Right lane exited onto the freeway. A car in the left lane was a little ahead of me and abruptly decided to cut in front of me to go across all lanes to make the exit. He was so close that my auto braking kicked in as I also hit the brakes. Everything in the car flew forward and I quickly reached my arm back to help the pax and asked if she was OK. If it wasn’t for my quick reaction we would have hit this guy who was at fault. Needless to say the pax 3 starred me. I was so pissed! I save her from an accident and I get dinged! But hey, at the end of the day, I didn’t wreck my car!

#34 ·
Once I was in the middle lane of three lanes of traffic. Right lane exited onto the freeway. A car in the left lane was a little ahead of me and abruptly decided to cut in front of me to go across all lanes to make the exit. He was so close that my auto braking kicked in as I also hit the brakes. Everything in the car flew forward and I quickly reached my arm back to help the pax and asked if she was OK. If it wasn't for my quick reaction we would have hit this guy who was at fault. Needless to say the pax 3 starred me. I was so pissed! I save her from an accident and I get dinged! But hey, at the end of the day, I didn't wreck my car!
How do you know what a pax Stars us ?

#6 ·
Hold up, did the B**** say 'My time is worth more than yours' in the second video around 0:17 . She got some f****** balls on her.

And I gotta say that you got some patience on you bro
Yea she did. I didn't even bother after that. I was like whatever.

Wardell my man, you should've just waited for the no show timer lmao. I make u turns only when I feel like it otherwise I'm just on my phone waiting for the door to open.
I was dropping off. She was already in the car.

#15 ·
What are you talking about cancel? That was the end of the trip. How am I going to cancel when I already reached the destination.

Whenever you made the left turn could you not make a u turn by the houses? I always assumed you can u turn where there is no businesses
Even if I could make u turn , I wasn't doing that for that pax. I said whatever. On the second thought I probably should have just made her get out across the street in the first place. When she said her back, I just said **** it. That's on me.

#10 ·
Well I can tell by her accent what type of "person" she is. I've been driving for a long time and these people are the worst. One of them jumped out without paying, another threathened to call the base on me because she didn't like my route, another one cursed me out for no reason and they always dispute fairs and so on so on. Those of you driving a long time in the city know who I'm talking about.

#11 ·
Well I can tell by her accent what type of "person" she is. I've been driving for a long time and these people are the worst. One of them jumped out without paying, another threathened to call the base on me because she didn't like my route, another one cursed me out for no reason and they always dispute fairs and so on so on. Those of you driving a long time in the city no who I'm talking about.
Oh man when pax complains to base that's the worst. Then you have to come in to the base if it's serious and that's a time waster.

#23 · (Edited)
Dont sweat it. Rating system is bogus.

These situations occur cause people dont know how to interact with the folks that serve them.

And if it was an elderly person I'd show respect and do them the solid of getting them as close as possible. Lets face it they are old , who knows what kind of ailments they might have.

If it was my grandma and some driver told her "cant you cross the street" id probably have a couple words with him.

No offense to my fellow drivers i know some can be sensitive but we are in the service industry and paid to provide a specific service.

Like a waiter couldnt do that "look i brought your food to the table next to you , cant you pick it up and take it the rest of the way to your table " ?

#26 ·
Like a waiter couldnt do that "look i brought your food to the table next to you , cant you pick it up and take it the rest of the way to your table "
THIS.

There's nothing unreasonable about requesting to be dropped off at the correct address. That's literally the service we are paying for. That ladies tone however was disgusting and uncalled for and for her to expect you to risk getting a ticket to do a u-turn is ridiculous.

#24 ·
To avoid this kind of crap from pax, as I get a few blocks from the destination and not sure if the drop off is on the left or the right, I ask the pax which side their drop off is on. If it is on the opposite side of the 2 way street, most often they just say drop them off on this side and they will walk across. If they want to be dropped off on the opposite side (which is very rare), then I can reroute to avoid this situation to come in on the correct side. If they mention to do a u turn I tell them I cannot legally do that and it’s not worth the ticket.

What creates this problem is the Uber app. You would think it would be intelligent enough to know which side of the street an address is located and route you to that side.

#28 ·
Ahhh the things you never see in yellow. No address no U-turns,no aux, no special requests or demands and no BS. Just stop at the nearest corner/intersection and off they go. They even tip and say thank you. Even pax who use both service they behave a lot differently in a yellow cab and would never pull that crap they pull with app drivers, because they know a cabbie would byotch slap them if they make any of these ridiculous demands or give an attitude like they do on apps.???

#32 · (Edited)
Hold up, did the B**** say 'My time is worth more than yours' in the second video around 0:17 . She got some f****** balls on her.

And I gotta say that you got some patience on you bro
If this happened to me, I would have asked: "Sorry, what? Your time is worth more than mine because you consider yourself a superior human being? Very well, then you can take a helicopter next time that gets you to the right side. Get out."

And I would have taken that 1* rating with pride.

No one's time is worth more than anyone else's. I would have mentioned as a kicker that they're free to complain to Uber about their sorry attempt at unilaterally re-enacting 1776 in my car. One thing I don't take from anyone is any sort of shit like "you're below me" or "you're above me" talk (goes both ways) because now we're crossing into human rights issues.

#38 ·
You asked her if she wanted you to go around. She said yes. You sat and talked instead of finding a way to go around. You give bad service. Dont ask if you ain't gonna do it.
How so? I did go around. I was just letting her know it would take extra time to do it legally. Nothing more or less. How am I giving bad service? I'm letting her know of her options. Lol.

#39 · (Edited)
Move first then speak, but that's just my opinion man. I dont explain myself or my decisions behind the wheel unless a pax asks. I'm the professional driver, you make a request as a pax I either give ok and proceed or state I wont. If pax asks why I wont do something then I will explain why. So by explaining too much you flubbed what might have been just a regular ride.

Mario Andretti says driving is about efficiency, wasting no movement on the road, the same is true with words and time. Just my opinion.

Of course you have to find out what a pax needs, once you do just get to it,no need to tell your thought process, how you do it is why your getting paid. if the end result is the pax needs fulfilled then that's a successful ride.

So by explaining how you were gonna get her across you were inviting her into a part of the contract she got no part of being in.

#41 ·
I was just letting her know it would take more time and it wasn't as simple as making a u turn and coming on the other side. Even if I started moving right away, once I didn't make the u turn she would have started questioning why even though the sign clearly says no u turn. So either way, I'm explaining something to her. But like the said, she is the pax, she doesn't care if it wastes time and because it's her time, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.