Longtime Lyft, just switched to uber, whats the deal with new driver referral/bonus code?

rjokay

You guys know the story by now -- 4.98 rated after literally thousands of rides, happy and busy driving Lyft-- then the rates drop. Then I don't qualify for bonuses anymore. Then there's 10,000 other morons on every block staying online driving down the PT and accepting Line rides. Then suddenly the PT is all but gone. Then the guarantees show up rarely and for less hours and dollars than they were. Then I have to work strictly nights and early mornings to make anything close to what I used to make. But now they started giving free tanks of gas to people with 2011 or newer cars...?

I'm done. After reading about all the incentives and the metal program and ways it's possible for 50+hr drivers like me to benefit, yer damn right I signed up for uber. All activated, good to go. But my friend's code didn't apply, and I didn't wanna do a ride until I was sure I wouldn't disqualify myself from a new driver bonus. I talked to them today -- my buddy is in Portland, so I can't use his referral. Er, well, I can... But I'd only get $100.

I don't know anyone who drives Uber here in LA. Does anyone know what the new driver bonus SHOULD be? They said it was higher, at least. And on that note -- does anyone wanna PM me a referral code or something? Best I can tell, the "ditch Lyft for us" promo is long gone. But still -- I can't seem to find ANY info on new driver promos to take advantage of.

RedoBeach

You guys know the story by now -- 4.98 rated after literally thousands of rides, happy and busy driving Lyft-- then the rates drop. Then I don't qualify for bonuses anymore. Then there's 10,000 other morons on every block staying online driving down the PT and accepting Line rides. Then suddenly the PT is all but gone. Then the guarantees show up rarely and for less hours and dollars than they were. Then I have to work strictly nights and early mornings to make anything close to what I used to make. But now they started giving free tanks of gas to people with 2011 or newer cars...?

I'm done. After reading about all the incentives and the metal program and ways it's possible for 50+hr drivers like me to benefit, yer damn right I signed up for uber. All activated, good to go. But my friend's code didn't apply, and I didn't wanna do a ride until I was sure I wouldn't disqualify myself from a new driver bonus. I talked to them today -- my buddy is in Portland, so I can't use his referral. Er, well, I can... But I'd only get $100.

I don't know anyone who drives Uber here in LA. Does anyone know what the new driver bonus SHOULD be? They said it was higher, at least. And on that note -- does anyone wanna PM me a referral code or something? Best I can tell, the "ditch Lyft for us" promo is long gone. But still -- I can't seem to find ANY info on new driver promos to take advantage of.
The promos vary city by city, but you can Google "uber promo per city" and get a list (screenshot it for backup) or head over to *spam link removed* for the link. I actually was checking the promo for LA and SF Last night and I believe it was something like $200.

Just make sure to use another driver's code rather than the general online code so they can get the double sided bonus as well... It will not affect your bonus negatively.