Longest Ride EVER

Sabra

What's the longest you've driven a customer?

Last thursday I took a PAX from George Washington University (Washington DC) all the way to UPenn (Phildelphia PA). It took 2.5 hours and I netted $137 after Uber took their cut. I ended up crashing at a friends place in Philly and made a fun night out of it! I would post a screenshot if the Partner app wasn't down right now...

Anyone have a similar experience?

Sabra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also,

I suspect that the drive I am referencing above is not legally allowed because when I got to Philly I got the message "you are not approved to drive in Philly" or something like that.

Anyone know about crossing state lines?

nickd8775

Nice trip! Hope you had a cheesesteak while you were in Philly

I had a 130 mile trip from Princeton NJ to New Canaan CT my second week driving. Pax missed the train and had to get back home. $180 fare, $20 tip, zero traffic in the middle of the night and I then worked in Connecticut for the morning rush. Was surprised my app worked in Connecticut.
Haven't had a longer trip or higher fare since.

ocbob2

Also,

I suspect that the drive I am referencing above is not legally allowed because when I got to Philly I got the message "you are not approved to drive in Philly" or something like that.

So to u dead miles it back to Washington DC with no compensation? 5 hours, $137 does not seem worth it without a little cash from the pax.

chitownXdriver

I once gave a trip on lyft from O'Hare to Rockford, $100 on the dot before lyft s cut, 5 stars, a $25 tip, and refilled gas for dirt cheap, not a bad trip but dead miles back to Chicago burbs

Chicago-uber

I just started doing black car driving (not uber)

40 miles trip.. $65 in my pocket. All expenses paid, and my personal car is sitting in my driveway resting. :smiles:

Even regular ohare-downtown runs net me $40.

On uberx my longest was des plaines to oak lawn. About 45 minute drive. It was about $45 before expenses .. Sucks!!

Transportador

For me it's San Jose to San Francisco, 50 miles, $75 to $85 without surge before the Uber cut. Then drive as many local trips within SF before heading back. This happens almost daily.

Ipouryou

Also,

Someone should of told you about that if you were not allowed to cross state lines

nooneyouknowof

Never had one that long. I do get 20 mile trips all the time here in Omaha. Almost all interstate, no traffic. Easy peasy.

negeorgia

Athens, Ga to Atlanta, Ga. 6 different times. Flat rate $101.00 with $80 to me. Always get a few Atl pings too.

DB2448

How are you all getting these long rides? I hang out by the car dealerships and hotels during the morning and evening and don't get anything. I'm in Roseville, CA. What would have been the best place to hang out if I was going to stick with it?

bluedogz

Picked up a guy in Baltimore who had loaded his stuff on a bus, then gone off to smoke a bone and missed the bus. Offered $100 tip if I could beat the bus to its next stop in NYC.
$340 fare plus the $100 plus cheap gas in Jersey.

Yes, I beat the bus....