• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Long Trips!!!

MrSG

So I had heard a few horror stories of people receiving long trips. The longest I had was to Fredericksburg up until about a month ago. I got the ping, got there to pick the PAX up and a lady comes out so I hit navigate and it reads Spring, TX. Of course my eyes get big and I looked at the lady and said you're going to Houston? She proceeded to tell me her friend was who was right behind her. I wanted to turn it down but I ended up doing it since I already accepted it and was there.

Now when I see that 45+min I call and ask exactly where they are going.

What are your thoughts on this? I really wish in cases like this, we know where the PAX is going if its 45+ min.

satxsatx

I was driving back from Austin one Sunday night (I don't drive Uber in SA, no money) with Uber on.

In San Marcos, got a trip to north Houston

SM - HOU - home to SA was $30 / hour, which sounds great (vs average Uber gross avg payout of $12 / hour max in SA), but with mileage of 350+ miles of IRS deduction of $0.52 / mile, my take home made it a losing deal, even with a $40 tip.

I did it once out of curiosity, but curiosity satisfied, so never again.

MrSG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah. I will never do that again. To me, its just not a win for me.

Terri Lee

Demand a 50 cent surcharge for each mile of the deadhead return.

Cash, upfront.

Yes, I have.

Last edited:
I requested, and got, a $10 gratuity to take a young woman from Stone Oak to an address north of Boerne. The entire round trip took about and hour and I got $30.

Ziggy

I just finished a trip from Austin airport to SAT - lyft didn't flash the 45+ minutes prompt, but I decided to take it anyway since it was a Black XL trip

Texas4life577

I had a trip three weeks ago from Seguin to Houston. Total time 5 hours of driving and made a lousy $140. After three years of driving for Uber I decided to drive for Favor. I live in New Braunfels and I make more money per hour for Favor then Uber. Plus do not have to deal with strangers in my car.
Post automatically merged:

satxsatx

I picked up a rider at Frost Bank/410 Nacogdoches.

I didn't look close enough at the zoomed out map, it showed a red trip line for what I thought was to southside SA

But it was to Pleasanton. 45 miles. Uber paid $36, not even $1/mile. Cash tip was $8.

90 miles r/t, for appx $50 IRS mileage deduction, so my net taxable income was negative.

Noonespecial

My longest. Told him $50 in cash for return trip or Im cancelling. Uber gave a 45 min notice!!! He said i was 3rd driver and he didnt have time to wait for another so i said lets go to the ATM. 6 hours from there and back to georgetown where i got $44 airport ride. Will NEVER do this again as i only do destination mode rides to and from work.....but after the last rate cut a few months back this $220 ride would only net about 175. I refuse to take toll roads so that added about an hour but he didnt complain. No such thing as a unicorn on uberx anymore. And, of course, uber did the "fare review" so they got their $60 immediately but i had to wait 3 days to get mine. I should also note that im grandfathered in to the higher rates which were 84 cents a mile at the time so for any drivers that were less than 2 or 3 years the fare would have been even less.
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

Last edited:

Scoutz

2 weeks ago took a guy to the Valley from SA.
7 hours driving total
$300.00+ with tip.
I dont know if I would do it again.

MrSG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Luckily I haven't had another long request. Both Uber and Lyft need to have something that flashes saying its out of the city limits.

valuber

Does Uber do a background check on its' passengers and customers just as they do with us drivers? Taking passengers out of the vicinity of the driver's home city is not safe. I won't take pax out of the city for any amount of $$. If there is not a warning to let the driver know where these passengers want to go if out of city limits, this is a serious problem with Uber / Lyft.