Long Trip, Surge, Wants to Get....

a_Magillacutty

HIGH!!!!!

Working Jiffy Lube Live/Brad Paisley concert. Surge pops to 2X. Receive Long Trip request and accept. Smooth pickup with no issues. Pax wants to go to Sheetz to get a drink and use bathroom before heading to Winchester. No problem. Gets back in and asks me if he can smoke a joint. I must of let out the biggest sigh because he lost it.

"WTF man I can't get high in your car???"

"No, it's illegal and I don't allow any smoking in the car."

Talks a bunch of s**t about me while we sit there.

"Cancel the ride."

"No problem, get the eff out!"

Canceled, reported as unsafe pax and messaged Rohit. Went the eff home because it pissed me off so much. I hate this world.

Johnny cash

OP could've been handled the situation better. When the pax asked if he could get high, driver should not have sighed so loudly and should have instead said, "Hey man I really wish you could but there are a lot of cops out Saturday night looking to pull people over so smoking in the car will most likely get you and me both in trouble."

Pax would've been fine with it, and driver would've made his $100. Everybody goes home happy

Emp9

OP could've been handled the situation better. When the pax asked if he could get high, driver should not have sighed so loudly and should have instead said, "Hey man I really wish you could but there are a lot of cops out Saturday night looking to pull people over so smoking in the car will most likely get you and me both in trouble."

Pax would've been fine with it, and driver would've made his $100. Everybody goes home happy
yeah i just said tonight to a pax, sorry you cant bring that beer, i can get a $250 fine, im really sorry about that, they said cool and chugged it. sometimes try to be nice , unless they are a total asswipe then kick them out. i would have said hey smoke a little before you get in ill wait :smiles: (while min running) hehe

roadman

I would have taken them and asked to wait a bit them cruise down rt 15 and find a spot for them to safely get out and partake. But not in the car.

a_Magillacutty

If you have to ask then you know it's wrong, so why even put me in that position? If he didn't smoke it he's still in possession which can still cause me an unnecessary hassle if for some reason we get pulled over or hit a DUI checkpoint. Asking a complete stranger, that is using his personal car to transport you, is completely stupid and disrespectful.

yankdog

All he said was it's illegal and no smoking in his car. Hard to improve on that. It's exactly what I would have said. If he's a POS about it I'd have kicked him out too. No way I'm putting my livelihood at risk for this idiot. Hell I applaud the OP for restraint

roadman

If you have to ask then you know it's wrong, so why even put me in that position? If he didn't smoke it he's still in possession which can still cause me an unnecessary hassle if for some reason we get pulled over or hit a DUI checkpoint. Asking a complete stranger, that is using his personal car to transport you, is completely stupid and disrespectful.
Cops are heavy outside the lube. Personally I know some good safe spots around there. I don't see the big deal of pulling over for 5 minutes at a 2x I will wait but that's just me. I do agree it was disrespectful to ask to do in car.

pomegranite112

Rofl i woulda let him smoke. Idgaf. Im all about my money. Odds of being pulled over are slim. Driving for 8 years an never been pulled over randomly

yeah i just said tonight to a pax, sorry you cant bring that beer, i can get a $250 fine, im really sorry about that, they said cool and chugged it. sometimes try to be nice , unless they are a total asswipe then kick them out. i would have said hey smoke a little before you get in ill wait :smiles: (while min running) hehe
Pax drinkimg in your car is legal in va

Im not going to make up laws

nutzareus

"Under Virginia state law, it is still technically legal for automobile passengers to have open containers of alcohol. However, the possession of an open container creates a rebuttable presumption that the driver has been drinking."

I'm not going to take that chance, that's why I would ask them to pour it out or chug it before the wheels turn. If they don't comply, ride is canceled.