Long trip reroute

paulmsr

Got an Uber special today. Landed a long trip four and a half miles away, on my way there I get a rerouting notification to closer Rider. And to my horror I was correct in my thinking. The new ride was a minimum fare

Thanks a lot Uber always looking out for your drivers

UberGeo

Got an Uber special today. Landed a long trip four and a half miles away, on my way there I get a rerouting notification to closer Rider. And to my horror I was correct in my thinking. The new ride was a minimum fare

Thanks a lot Uber always looking out for your drivers
That's rotten!!!

Ardery

it was only 4½ miles away. it wasn't like you were 20 min away... where they were saving the pax 15 minutes... thats stinks man...

paulmsr

yea it was horrible, i was probably about half way to the person, to turn around and go 1.5 miles back to where i was.

bobby747

thats sucks paul..but i know for sure at cc xl it happened in big surge to phl..it would take it away and give me small ride..wonder if we put rt in plane mode anyone???

paulmsr

damn that sucks... i still just stay out here in the warminster area, so the few long trips a week are what makes the week worthwhile. I had 2 saturday and that would have been my second Sunday.

bobby747

i was thinking that nick . but i get alot of long dis. without the words..just sat nt again. 45 mile trip no long trip

OGT

Just tap arrive and call them and apologize. Tell them you'll pay for the wait time of what ever pennies a minute it is lol.

I'm assuming they don't charge for distance until you start the ride.

bobby747

OGT great advice ..nick also after reading that paul lost one..i said to myself tap arrive or even start trip so they dont take it back...just think xl long trip over 55 miles 2.6 surge and they take it away..i will start trip..and say app error. worst can happen they get pissed and cancel. rater have that than uber taking it away

Ted L.

Contact support and tell them you were offered a long ride and insist that they pay you for 45 minutes.

I once got rematched with a 4.3 rider, I just continued driving until they cancelled.

OGT

Lol, I'm at 30th. I have a 1.5x boost at 30th I'm like the only driver and I'm rejecting everything waiting for a long ride notification lol.

Every other ping has no boost but I can contest this. Unless they're VIP and I'm not getting the VIP notification.

Lol ive skipped like 30 pings at 1.5x...... come on long trip lol.

UberGeo

OGT great advice ..nick also after reading that paul lost one..i said to myself tap arrive or even start trip so they dont take it back...just think xl long trip over 55 miles 2.6 surge and they take it away..i will start trip..and say app error. worst can happen they get pissed and cancel. rater have that than uber taking it away
You should test it on a regular trip. If it works out a regular trip , it should work on a long trip.

bobby747

its a good boost thier.

Lol ive skipped like 30 pings at 1.5x...... come on long trip lol...

smart idea LT SHOULD COME TO T/S

UberGeo

Lol, I'm at 30th. I have a 1.5x boost at 30th I'm like the only driver and I'm rejecting everything waiting for a long ride notification lol.

Every other ping has no boost but I can contest this. Unless they're VIP and I'm not getting the VIP notification.

Lol ive skipped like 30 pings at 1.5x...... come on long trip lol.
OMG, that happens to me all the time... In beet red spot, first ping which I ignore is always regular, then comes the honey.

OGT

Can t believe how lucky I got. 1st of all, only 1 car at 30th when I had 1.5x boost. So I got this ride, older guy in his 60s. Manages 16 wendys in the tristate for a person. We're talking and he said he used to work for a car service when he was younger and how @@@@@@@@ would stiff him after a fare when he would run red lights so a pax wouldn't miss a train or flight. I new I was getting tipped. I drop him off and he says thanks a lot and here's the difference of what a cab would of costed me. He hands me 50 dollars. :O he only paid 39 dollars. So almost 100 dollars for that fare! Only took 40 decline trips lmfao.

Attachments

• 20170911_201626.png
    20170911_201626.png
    69 KB · Views: 51