• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

long trip needed. Poughkeepsie, New York to Becket Mass. 93 miles.

mahopacsun

hi I need to visit my sons camp for family day, sunday july14 leaving Poughkeepsie at 10 am. staying at camp until 3 pm, then back to Poughkeepsie.
desperate, advice??? thanks...

SuzeCB

hi I need to visit my sons camp for family day, sunday july14 leaving Poughkeepsie at 10 am. staying at camp until 3 pm, then back to Poughkeepsie.
desperate, advice??? thanks...
You want to pay someone for 180 miles and a total of 6-1/2 hours?

Uber will cancel the trip for the driver after 4 hours. Lyft will cap the money the driver can receive. Both policies make the trip not worth it unless off-app, which will have insufficient insurance unless you hire a limo.

Better idea would be to take an Uber between home and train station and train station and camp. Check the forums in Cities for the Poughkeepsie area and the Becket area and make sure it's not a rideshare desert, or see if there are cabs you can take.

R3drang3r

thank you but how would I find someone?
Just doing exactly what you're doing. I would put up a request on the New York Forum if there is one. Also New Jersey is close by. I'd do it myself if I were closer.
As long as you're willing to offer somebody at least a dollar a mile round trip. Plus a reasonable amount for wait time. I'm sure you'll find somebody to do it.

mahopacsun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just doing exactly what you're doing. I would put up a request on the New York Forum if there is one. Also New Jersey is close by. I'd do it myself if I were closer.
As long as you're willing to offer somebody at least a dollar a mile round trip. Plus a reasonable amount for wait time. I'm sure you'll find somebody to do it.
Post automatically merged:

thank you!

Redtop

I don't drive Uber anymore but I browse this board. I do private gigs like this, although I'm very far away.

I charge $15 an hour for driving and $10 an hour for waiting. Some people do charge more.

Sometimes I use the customer's car, which obviously eliminates the question of mileage. If not, I rent a car and charge the customer for rental cost, gas, tolls, and I usually pad an extra $10 on for my time in picking the car up and returning it.

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have a car. Some of my customers do, but a lot of them are little old people who've given up driving. Some hire me because they don't want to drive at night, or out of town.

If you are a member of some kind of social service organization, you could ask them. I get many of my clients through the Jewish Community Center. You can also ask the management of retirement communities.

mahopacsun

I don't drive Uber anymore but I browse this board. I do private gigs like this, although I'm very far away.

I charge $15 an hour for driving and $10 an hour for waiting. Some people do charge more.

Sometimes I use the customer's car, which obviously eliminates the question of mileage. If not, I rent a car and charge the customer for rental cost, gas, tolls, and I usually pad an extra $10 on for my time in picking the car up and returning it.

I'm guessing the OP doesn't have a car. Some of my customers do, but a lot of them are little old people who've given up driving. Some hire me because they don't want to drive at night, or out of town.

If you are a member of some kind of social service organization, you could ask them. I get many of my clients through the Jewish Community Center. You can also ask the management of retirement communities.
C

can you Pm me

AuxCordBoston

Uber will cancel the trip for the driver after 4 hours. Lyft will cap the money the driver can receive. Both policies make the trip not worth it unless off-app, which will have insufficient insurance unless you hire a limo.

Better idea would be to take an Uber between home and train station and train station and camp. Check the forums in Cities for the Poughkeepsie area and the Becket area and make sure it's not a rideshare desert, or see if there are cabs you can take.
4 hrs? How do you know that?

mahopacsun

thank you!