Long trip flag.

Naruto

I have had 4 long trips in the past few days but did not get the long trip flag. Is this no longer a feature or is my app not working correct.

Carbenger

Trips from the airport have been showing ridiculous trip times the past week or so. It's probably the app on ubers end.

Naruto

Just got a reply from uber, if anyone else is having the same issues, the issue is on their server. I was told as this is a new feature they are still wotking out the bugs.

troycarpenter

Yesterday my first trip to the airport from Alpharetta area around 5am showed 45+ minutes. However, a second trip around 7am from the same area didn't have the tag, but yet the traffic was worse and it took longer than the first.

This morning the one airport run I had was also tagged with the 45+ minutes.

Dinoberra

I was getting buku airport trips of 158 minutes plus! Took one and it took me 2+ hours to get there for real, no more airport trips from Hartsfield during heavy traffic.

MiltonalpharettA

I have had 4 long trips in the past few days but did not get the long trip flag. Is this no longer a feature or is my app not working correct.
I thought I was the only one. I really need that feature work!

I hate getting out at 330 in the morning thinking I got an airport ride and I'm picking up some rich kid sneaking back into his parent house. You can drop me off here, about 4 houses down from his house. Lil turd 1 star for you!

Uber response

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170926-173829.png
    Screenshot_20170926-173829.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 66

crusoeatl

Screenshot_20170926-213825.png Screenshot_20170926-232832.png Here is a ping request and the actual trip today. This is from the airport. More weird was that earlier in the day I set my DF to the airport and got lots of pings but nothing showing the 45+ min label when I was up in John's Creek at 3pm and it should have shown. I took a chance on the last ping after about 15min of rejecting rides and it came in as regular towards your destination, no 45+ min label. Sure enough, airport. 1h 23min. Go figure. I sent a message and I am still waiting on a reply. I think they are adding too many features all at once without proofing them first.

MiltonalpharettA

View attachment 162038 View attachment 162040 Here is a ping request and the actual trip today. This is from the airport. More weird was that earlier in the day I set my DF to the airport and got lots of pings but nothing showing the 45+ min label when I was up in John's Creek at 3pm and it should have shown. I took a chance on the last ping after about 15min of rejecting rides and it came in as regular towards your destination, no 45+ min label. Sure enough, airport. 1h 23min. Go figure. I sent a message and I am still waiting on a reply. I think they are adding too many features all at once without proofing them first.
Looks like we got to trust DF now.

uberRog

Here's what I've seen more than once: The ping doesn't show the "long trip" notice, and the Uber nav shows just under 45 minutes. But when I switch to Waze to drive, it shows the trip being longer. I'm thinking the Uber app is purposely underestimating trip times.

troycarpenter

Here's what I've seen more than once: The ping doesn't show the "long trip" notice, and the Uber nav shows just under 45 minutes. But when I switch to Waze to drive, it shows the trip being longer. I'm thinking the Uber app is purposely underestimating trip times.
I don't know about "purposely", but it's not taking something into account. I've noticed the opposite for pickup times, though...it usually overestimates how long it will take to get to the pickup point.

Uberzoom

The long trip flag doesn't show anymore. I guess it was smthg Uber was testing and noticed a higher rate of drivers ditching those trips. So now going back to business as usual. Drivers accept trips at your own risk.

troycarpenter

The long trip flag doesn't show anymore. I guess it was smthg Uber was testing and noticed a higher rate of drivers ditching those trips. So now going back to business as usual. Drivers accept trips at your own risk.
I prefer to take those trips, not ditch them. I would have expected that a majority of drivers where ditching the shorter drives in lieu of the longer drives.

Uberzoom

I prefer to take those trips, not ditch them. I would have expected that a majority of drivers where ditching the shorter drives in lieu of the longer drives.

I like them early when I start my day. But at night, I would rather know if it is a long trip so I can cancel before picking up and starting trip. Last time I accepted a trip at midnight 30 min on a Sunday to a location that is known for a higjer than normal crime rate. I wish I d know in advance the time and location especially at night not only for safety purposes but getting a match up is virtually impossible.

Carbenger

I had a trip from Suwanee to Hartsfield. With no traffic it's more than 45 minutes. I guess it has gone the way of the 4 extra destination filters.

rex jones

yeah i really thought with the DF's and the long trip flag, that they were really trying to make this work for drivers. All the @@@@@ing going on back and forth, it really just becomes about time management, for most of us. I would imagine that other major markets have to these features and maybe more. I get some of the mantras people are pushing ,like just drive or quit etc., but you know one 45 minute trip can turn into a two hour venture, to get back home. I would be more willing in my time off to drive if i knew 45 minutes was not going to turn into two hours to get back home.