1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

long trip 60+min scam

Discussion in 'Minneapolis' started by Tdizzle22, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:53 AM.

1. Tdizzle22

Tdizzle22 Active Member

the last two days i have been getting a ping from the airport with the long trip 60+min flag only to be greeted with "oh we are going to oakdale" or "im just going to eden praire" has anyone been bamboozled to take the fake long trips?

2. Elb2010

Elb2010 Active Member

Was that the original address they put in or had to adjust when they got in the car? If it was the original address, it could be an issue with the maps misreading traffic times.

3. Tdizzle22

Tdizzle22 Active Member

Nope original address...yeah but msp to eden praire at 130am? 0 traffic

4. Immortal

Immortal Active Member

Had the same thing happen on Wednesday. Was doing an airport drop and got a 60 + min request back out as I was getting close. The guy was going 15 miles.

5. fairsailing

fairsailing Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Sounds like a glitch or idiots. Pax aren't that smart for this happening so often.

I have been pulled off a df airport setting, only to find the address in the opposite direction into downtown, your standard no tip, min fare, commuter. When I question them about the switch, they say something about saved addresses and apologize. Maybe, maybe not. Haven't caught the same person twice, otherwise automatic cancel.

6. AlexCom

AlexCom Well-Known Member

It happened to me a lot of times. Victoria to Eden Prairie 45min+ and it's a 15 min ride.
    Msp to Shoreview, MSP to Eden Prairie 60 min+
    Also got a ride Msp to Red Wing without any notification

7. Immortal

Immortal Active Member

Does Lyft have the long trip feature? I took a PAX 54 miles from Burnsville up past Elk River one morning. It was easily an hour but no notification.

8. Brandon Wood

Brandon Wood Active Member

I have had this happen as well. EP to downtown with the 60 min+ on the request. Took 32 mins with traffic.

9. Iann

Iann Well-Known Member

It's a nationwide thing.

10. YukonDew

YukonDew Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Experienced the same issue with 60+ mile trip out of Apple Valley early this morning for an airport run.

Destination mode also flaked out on me shortly after that. Was heading home to Mounds View area and kept getting requests for pickups that were clearly 10 minutes out of my way. Last ride I accepted was in Columbia heights and the destination turned out to be on University avenue in the St. Paul Midway area. Hardly on the way to Mounds View. App still showed in destination mode, checked my destination address when I completed the run and it was fine... hoping it was an anomaly.

11. Slyster

Slyster Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Me too, I had two long trip requests yesterday. 45 + minutes. Both were normal rides that took like 11 minutes and 18 minutes.

12. Immortal

Immortal Active Member

I’m guessing it’s a glitch and will get sorted out soon. Uber won’t want PAX trips being passed over by drivers any more than need be. Some drivers won’t take those trips because they don’t like overly long ones or can’t do it because of time constraints.

Skepticaldriver and fairsailing like this.
  13. 68350

68350 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I didn't see anything quite that far off, but one was an Uber scheduled pickup that showed 11 min away in the ping, but in Maps was only 5 min. I took that one because Uber scheduled pickups are about 99% nice long airport trips. Not so this time, unfortunately.

I've only seen one 60+ min warning. It was at Sky Harbor, p/u at United. Figured they were going way across the valley to the far SE side, potentially 60 min. Nope, it was a woman wanting a 2+ hour ride down near the Mexican border. I told her, next driver you get, call him/her immediately and tell them where you need to go, save both you and them a wasted drive to the terminal. 90% + of drivers here for sure would not do that trip. I didn't have the time available, and she wasn't offering anything for an empty return either. Seemed totally baffled that I turned her away, as if I was obligated to take her.

14. UBERManatee

UBERManatee Member

Uber is having issues with that this weekend. all my XL runs have had the 45 min ride thing on them all going to the airport.

15. Tdizzle22

Tdizzle22 Active Member

I had 3 60+mins ones today...first two were 15 min rides with traffic..the last one was one from msp to downtown Rochester..first time ive made that trip..the lady was pissed i request a $30 tip for the deadhead back or leave the app on halfway...she didnt realize how far we were going..halfway through through the ride she said "im sorry about earlier i see now why you asked for that tip for going back its a long ways out!" I go yeah its a distance! She gave me $40 cash and was really nice after understanding where i was coming from.

rideshareMN likes this.
  16. WoodburyDriver

WoodburyDriver Member

Maybe the time includes time to get passenger then time to drive passenger? I've gotten a few this weekend for 45 min long trips that we're just 15 mile trips. 30 mins total drive time.

17. Immortal

Immortal Active Member

I had one today that said 45 mins plus and it was a 10 mile trip that took 14 mins.

18. Tdizzle22

Tdizzle22 Active Member

Not unless it takes 50 minutes to get from the holding lot to terminal 1 lol

19. Immortal

Immortal Active Member

It’s just glitchy right now. My pick up time was 5 mins and drop off 14 mins. 19 mins total.

20. WoodburyDriver

WoodburyDriver Member

Nevermind I just took a ping from the airport to 94 and Century it said 60 mile trip and was only like 20 miles