Long time Driver, 1st time Driver Questions

Clarusmoof

So I'm about to take the plunge and start as a Uber driver! Even though I have used Uber exclusively when I do business trips, I'm a bit nervous about driving! So I thought I would ask the group some noob questions:
  1. Do you have rideshare insurance added to existing auto insurance?
  2. Do I need a Uber sticker/tag?
  3. Is Uber in App navigation sufficient?
  4. What's the best way to handle tax implications?
  5. Do you let people eat or drink in your car and how do you handle it?
  6. Any special pickup tips for large events?
Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure I have my ducks in order and provide a great ride experience! If anyone was up for coffee I would love to ask more questions!

Thanks!

IndyUL

1) No, but that's probably going to bite me on the ass one day.
2) No, Airport might complain when doing pick ups.
3) Seems to work fine for me.
4) Pay them.
5) Depends on the people. Typically no food. I don't do the booze cruize, so no worries there.. I usually work early mornings on weekends.
6) Be ready to be busy, Be ready to shuffle.

Mazda3

1. yes
2. no
3. i use google maps
4. get a second job that you get paid a lot. or do quarterly
5. it depends
6. make the riders walk to you. don't drive after them.

Clarusmoof

So had my first ride on Sunday afternoon. Planned it perfectly and had a couple of ladies from the NRA convention to the airport. Ran into a couple of glitches that prevented me from picking up any more faires. Uber had by car color as green, it's red, and damn Crew car wash ripped off my temporary tag! So with that and not wanting to deal with the headache, I called it day.

I do have a question about my one fare, the trip details shows the rider fare was like $26 but my paid amount came to $12.76. That's like almost 50% of the fare taken, I thought Uber only took 20%! On airport trips does more get taken out?!

IndyUL

Nothing. Just get them there safe, comfortable and on time and ratings will come. I notice that it usually takes a couple days for ratings to catch up with the rides. But not everyone is going to rate. Don't sweat it.