Long rides don't answer their phones

LyftUberFuwabolewa

I'm in the Tenafly area and I get a ping for a long ride. I called and the rider hangs up. I called again and the rider hangs up again. I wait a minute and call again and the rider hangs up. So I canceled the ride.

Savvy riders who know that drivers without t&lc or limousine plates don't want to go into the five boroughs think if they don't answer the phone we will just show up and take them anyway. Think again.

FortLeeUber2017

Why would you go to Tenafly then? Do you enjoy bringing their kids into schools or JCC? You accepted 45+, which means it is no EWR. What else do you expect? I hate this game as much as you do but when I accept 45+ in Tenafly that means I am willing to go to 5 boros.

DoubleDee

I always call the pax after accepting a long ride ping. If they tell me that they're going somewhere I don't want to go I tell them "Ok I'll be there shortly" then hang up and cancel the ride.

Clarity

I don’t blame you I would have canceled too. I wonder if they hang up because rides have been canceled on them in the past after the told the driver where they were going.

I usually only text them if it’s after midnight out of respect. If they don’t answer back then I’ll just ask them when I arrive before starting the ride. If it’s somewhere I don’t want to go I lie and say sorry it’s out of the way and I have to be home for my kids soon. The kids lie is the best one to use. People are more understanding when it comes to children. I once was honest and said I just couldn’t drive that far and that backfired. As much as I value honesty, this is one of the few scenarios where it’s better to lie.